THAT HAGEN GIRL (1947) with Ronald Reagan

KATHLEEN (1941) with Herbert Marshall

July 27

THE BACHELOR AND THE BOBBY-SOXER (1947) with Cary Grant

FORT APACHE (1948) with John Wayne

ADVENTURE IN BALTIMORE (1949) with Robert Young

THE STORY OF SEABISCUIT (1949) with Barry Fitzgerald

A KISS FOR CORLISS (1949) with David Niven

I'm glad that half of the programming is devoted to her as a child star and the other half as a teen \ adult star.

I admit I'm no longer that interested in her child movies but I would like to see Now and Forever with Lombard and Cooper. 

I'm glad that half of the programming is devoted to her as a child star and the other half as a teen \ adult star.

I agree-- the schedule is divided in half, showcasing the two main phases of her film career. 

Some of these are TCM premieres-- NOW AND FOREVER; CURLY TOP; WEE WILLIE WINKIE; and LITTLE MISS BROADWAY.

Some of these are TCM premieres-- NOW AND FOREVER; CURLY TOP; WEE WILLIE WINKIE; and LITTLE MISS BROADWAY.

TCM must have a new arrangement with 20th Century Fox, because a lot of films from that studio are popping up on the schedule in the coming weeks and months. In addition to the Shirley Temple SOTM salute, MY DARLING CLEMENTINE (1946) returns to the schedule in July. TCM is premiering the Betty Grable vehicle PIN-UP GIRL (1944) on June 3. And they are spotlighting the work of Don Ameche at the studio one night in May.

TCM must have a new arrangement with 20th Century Fox, because a lot of films from that studio are popping up on the schedule in the coming weeks and months. In addition to the Shirley Temple SOTM salute, MY DARLING CLEMENTINE (1946) returns to the schedule in July. TCM is premiering the Betty Grable vehicle PIN-UP GIRL (1944) on June 3. And they are spotlighting the work of Don Ameche at the studio one night in May.

Yes, that is what I am surmising has happened. They entered into another arrangement with Fox. I would rather they switch gears a bit and pursue a deal with Universal and Paramount.

As for Temple's tribute, it is the first time a Fox contract player of her status has been Star of the Month on TCM-- which could open the doors for Monroe and Tyrone Power, who are probably next. 

I am glad she's been honored, but in a way it's a shame they didn't do this three or four years ago when Temple was still alive and could have done an interview or appearance at the TCM film festival.

• 1 month later...

I'm kinda lucky....I'm not too far from The Stanford Theater in Palo Alto,where they show classic cinema on prints from UCLA and George Eastman House.They are going to show some of her films,and have some of her costumes and memorabilia showcased in their gallery. She actually lived fairly close to me in Woodside,CA (didn't know she still lived there) and was going to write her a letter,but then she passed away. That's always going to bug me now,that I didn't do that sooner. Special lady,and lived an incredible life. Not the best films ever or anything,but she put a lot of smiles on people's faces the world over,in very troubling times,and you can't put a price on that.

PS: I shamed 20th Century Fox Studios the day she died,when I saw they didn't even mention her on their FB page or corporate web site,in only a language that studio people would understand. I had to tell them their own studio history,and how they wouldn't even exist today if it wasn't for that sweet little girl. They got the message all right.

I'm kinda lucky....I'm not too far from The Stanford Theater in Palo Alto,where they show classic cinema on prints from UCLA and George Eastman House.They are going to show some of her films,and have some of her costumes and memorabilia showcased in their gallery. She actually lived fairly close to me in Woodside,CA (didn't know she still lived there) and was going to write her a letter,but then she passed away. That's always going to bug me now,that I didn't do that sooner. Special lady,and lived an incredible life. Not the best films ever or anything,but she put a lot of smiles on people's faces the world over,in very troubling times,and you can't put a price on that.

PS: I shamed 20th Century Fox Studios the day she died,when I saw they didn't even mention her on their FB page or corporate web site,in only a language that studio people would understand. I had to tell them their own studio history,and how they wouldn't even exist today if it wasn't for that sweet little girl. They got the message all right.

I agree that sometimes these corporations forget about their own histories. But if you ask them to remember TITANIC and how much money James Cameron made for them, they can quote that in a heartbeat.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Here's a curious new development (as of 5:00 PM on June 28) -- FORT APACHE has been taken off the July 27 schedule. Currently, the film for that time slot is listed as TBA. Will FORT APACHE be back? If not, what will replace it? Only time will tell. More to come...

Here's a curious new development (as of 5:00 PM on June 28) -- FORT APACHE has been taken off the July 27 schedule. Currently, the film for that time slot is listed as TBA. Will FORT APACHE be back? If not, what will replace it? Only time will tell. More to come...

Maybe it means they are adjusting the times or have something else in mind. FORT APACHE has been airing on the Encore channels.

Maybe it means they are adjusting the times or have something else in mind. FORT APACHE has been airing on the Encore channels.

I suspect that there's some sort of rights issue going on here. FORT APACHE had also been scheduled to air at 5:45PM on Saturday, September, 26 -- now there's a TBA in its place too.

I suspect that there's some sort of rights issue going on here. FORT APACHE had also been scheduled to air at 5:45PM on Saturday, September, 26 -- now there's a TBA in its place too.

Yes that is what it sounds like. So maybe they will put A KISS FOR CORLISS in its place now, or else just show one less Shirley Temple film that evening.

As per the weekly schedule, FORT APACHE is out and the remaining three films are bumped up on the evening's schedule. Adjust your plans accordingly.

FORT APACHE has also been yanked from the September 26 schedule, replaced by FOUR FOR TEXAS. It seems TCM had a deal with the film's distributor that has inexplicably fallen through at the last minute.

• 4 weeks later...

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings