Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I need some help

Shimal

Hi, All!  I need some help people - TCM has put tons of movies out on DVD, but they have NOT put 1962's "Lad: A Dog" out on DVD.  It was out on VHS, but it is impossible to get a clear copy.  I have a special reason for wanting this - I do Collie Rescue and want to use this movie as a fund-raiser or as part of a gift basket for fund-raisers.  I have sent messages every 3-4 months requesting this, but they won't listen to just one person.  PLEASE take a minute or two to write to the Customer Service folks and request they release this great movie on DVD.  Thanks!

Shimal

Just for the record, TCM does not release movies on DVD. It only has marketing arrangements with some of the studios that allows them to use TCM's brand in their promotion and packaging. I doubt TCM has much say in what gets released. So you're knocking on the wrong door.

LAD: A DOG was independently produced by a company called Vanguard productions (probably long out of business) and released theatrically by Warner Bros. You might want to contact them and see if they still have the distribution rights to the film. If they still do, they'd be the ones to grant you the non-theatrical rights so you could use it for your fundraiser. That's assuming it's available on DVD.

One other thing. TCM and Warner Bros. are both owned by the same company, but they're operated as seperate companies so contacting TCM won't help you. Good luck! :)

• Like 1

Just for the record, TCM does not release movies on DVD. It only has marketing arrangements with some of the studios that allows them to use TCM's brand in their promotion and packaging. I doubt TCM has much say in what gets released. So you're knocking on the wrong door.

LAD: A DOG was independently produced by a company called Vanguard productions (probably long out of business) and released theatrically by Warner Bros. You might want to contact them and see if they still have the distribution rights to the film. If they still do, they'd be the ones to grant you the non-theatrical rights so you could use it for your fundraiser. That's assuming it's available on DVD.

One other thing. TCM and Warner Bros. are both owned by the same company, but they're operated as seperate companies so contacting TCM won't help you. Good luck! :)

The TCM site does have a "VOTE NOW" prompt for titles in the TCM database not currently available on DVD (according to their records) to vote for them to  be released on DVD.

There's an image of a crying boy next to the "VOTE FOR THIS TITLE" prompt.

Here's TCM's answer to the "why vote?" question:

WHY VOTE?

Because we'll routinely send your votes to major Home Video distributors responsible for releasing classic movies on to DVD. So go ahead and vote and let your voice be heard!

I'm attached a screenshot from the LAD: A DOG entry.

post-40055-0-10424800-1429739590_thumb.jpg

The TCM site does have a "VOTE NOW" prompt for titles in the TCM database not currently available on DVD (according to their records) to vote for them to  be released on DVD.

That's true, and it doesn't hurt to vote for a movie, but the final dicision as to what film gets released lies with the studio that owns it and not TCM. Viiewer requests is just one of many factors that get needs to be considered.

Hi, All!  I need some help people - TCM has put tons of movies out on DVD, but they have NOT put 1962's "Lad: A Dog" out on DVD.  It was out on VHS, but it is impossible to get a clear copy.  I have a special reason for wanting this - I do Collie Rescue and want to use this movie as a fund-raiser or as part of a gift basket for fund-raisers.  I have sent messages every 3-4 months requesting this, but they won't listen to just one person.  PLEASE take a minute or two to write to the Customer Service folks and request they release this great movie on DVD.  Thanks!

Shimal

This film is available online.

Check out the following website:

http://www.truetvmovies.net/store/p615/Lad%3A_A_Dog_%281962%29_Peggy_McCay%2C_Carroll_O%27Connor_|.html

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings