Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

two beloved tcm pet movies tonite

NipkowDisc

I had an amusing thought-----

When VCRs were new technology, and many of us ventured into it, one of the first movies I recorded( seeing as to how CABLE was all "new" to us about the same time!) was THE BREAKFAST CLUB.  My kids watched that thing so much that I SWEAR they knew all the dialogue by heart!

THAT might be the audience TCM is AIMING for!  And so WHY they play these movie so OFTEN!  Perhaps some "demographic study" revealed that people from those early '80's times( like my kids!) LIKE those two movies, and to get THEM to tune in they HAVE to play them so much!  :D

Sepiatone

forbidden planet followed by north by northwest. (yawn) :)

Add an additonal set of yawns from myself and my two terriers to Forbidden Planet and North by Northwest.  I don't have to worry about tomorrow night though..it is Sci-fi Saturday on Me-TV and Svengoolie has Abbott and Costello meet Frankenstein.  See you on another channel..

"Pet movies"?!

Well for MY money, ya can't do much better than "My Dog Skip"! I mean sure, it was made in 2000, but the story takes place in 1942 and I thought they recreated the era very nicely, and so......

(...oh...wait...sorry...never mind)

I'll admit that I recorded Forbidden Planet, I've never seen it.

I also watched most of North By Northwest (I got home after it had already started).  I own this movie on Blu-Ray and I love it.  I love the music, the color, everything.  It doesn't get old for me-- I don't watch it each time it airs on TCM though.  I do love it though when I watch it. 

I'm catching up on my Ann Sheridan movies now!  Not particularly a fan of Ben-Hur, so I decided not to continue in the Friday Night Spotlight.

"Pet movies"?!

Well for MY money, ya can't do much better than "My Dog Skip"! I mean sure, it was made in 2000, but the story takes place in 1942 and I thought they recreated the era very nicely, and so......

(...oh...wait...sorry...never mind)

What was the name of the slobbering dog movie starring Tom Hanks? That was pretty funny.

Oh please.  Once more into the breach with NBNW -yawn.  I am so sick of this movie.  Hitchcock never made a great movie, but he made some very good and some good movies.  This falls into the latter category.  I love Grant as much as the next person, but that dreadful closeup when they're on the train and his ugly hands, look like hairy wolf paws.  Yuk.

I do love his drunk scene at police headquarters, when he wants to sleep on the table. 

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings