Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Name that movie in one line!

Sepiatone

Yeah, sounds as if this should be in the "Games and Trivia" page, but I'm in earnest....

I'm trying to recall a movie I'd seen long ago, WAY before AMC or TCM or CABLE, for that matter...

All I know for sure is it starred CHARLES BOYER as a manservant, and in the cast of characters was some rich lady who always carried around her pet Pekinese dog.

One day, the dog was missing, and the lady aproached Boyer and asked, "Pardon me, but have you seen a Pekinese?"

Boyer replies, "Oh, yes!  Those cute little dogs from CHINA, I believe.  Yes, I've seen them!"

Then the lady informs Boyer that SHE was referring to HER Pekinese!

I always kind of thought that was a funny line!

Know the movie?

To reiterate, I DON'T know!  It's WHY I'm asking!

Sepiatone

Quite possibly.  Like I claimed, I DON'T KNOW!  But in looking it up, it sounds as if it could be.  Thanks for the tip.  I'll try to keep an eye out if TCM should show it.

It's been MANY years since I've seen it( back shortly after moving into the first house I bought, which was in 1973.  Probably I saw it '74 or 5, on a LATE SHOW of some kind.

THAT long ago, and the memory gets wonky!

Sepiatone

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings