Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

NipkowDisc reviews Dead of Night aka. deathdream

NipkowDisc

the early seventies saw a lot of this type of low-budget amateurish horror flick and I gawked at my share as a kid and teenager. an independent station in my viewing area was always showing this along with bob clark's other zombie feature children shouldn't play with dead things but at least that one had some clever humor along with the obligatory gore and there was a sense of justice when alan the tyrannical acting troupe owner gets his from orville whom he disrespects throughout that film.

no such luck here. dead good boy andy returns to home and hearth to perplex all with his quiet detached personality. doan talk much but smiles occasionally and even informs his loved ones that he has been dead which they let pass and no doubt chalk up to his wartime experiences. andy spends evenings up in his room in a rocking chair and during the day lays around in a lounge chair like a corpse which he is. in front of some adoring neighborhood kids andy throttles the beloved family pooch butch in front of all the hero-worshipping kids who are now traumatized.

now in the real world his parents oughta have him dragged off right there on the spot but andy gets cut alotta slack by mom while dad who loved the pooch goes to a bar for solace. later on andy's sister who readies din-din for the pooch is told to forget the dog was ever there by mom, meanwhile dad brings home the family doctor to talk to andy who's busy rocking in his chair. the doc who suspects andy's first meal may have been a hapless truck driver who gave andy the hitch back home gets an after hours office visit from andy who lets the doc know he is dead and then decides doc might be a good intravenous taste treat and pokes the doctor repeatedly with a needle.

after draining the docster andy lightens up a little and accepts a double date with sister. at the drive-in andy's sister and boyfriend decide to get some popcorn meanwhile andy's upper forehead starts bleeding so andy decides his old girlfriend who is guilty of nothing but pining for him gets to be his next meal and andy proceeds accordingly. when sister and boyfriend return to the car andy presents himself and the only thing for him to do now his throttle sister's boyfriend which causes sister to loose her marbles. then deteriorating andy is off to his preprepared grave with mother's help and that's the end of this bob clark garbage. :) 

Ahem...I believe the following might be of help to you, ND:

paragraph

• n.noun
    1. A distinct division of written or printed matter that begins on a new, usually indented line, consists of one or more sentences, and typically deals with a single thought or topic or quotes one speaker's continuous words.

2. A mark ( ¶ ) used to indicate where a new paragraph should begin or to serve as a reference mark.

3. A brief article, notice, or announcement, as in a newspaper.

• tr.v.
    1. To divide or arrange into paragraphs.  ;)

• Like 2

Ahem...I believe the following might be of help to you, ND:

paragraph

• n.noun
    1. A distinct division of written or printed matter that begins on a new, usually indented line, consists of one or more sentences, and typically deals with a single thought or topic or quotes one speaker's continuous words.

2. A mark ( ¶ ) used to indicate where a new paragraph should begin or to serve as a reference mark.

3. A brief article, notice, or announcement, as in a newspaper.

• tr.v.
    1. To divide or arrange into paragraphs.  ;)

I bet you didn't even watch it. :lol: