Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What's the Matter with Helen? (1971)

Kid Dabb

I'm trying to watch What's the Matter With Helen (1971) - all I can see is singing and dancing. I'm not being psychologically thrilled. It's kinda like the tv mystery movies of the time - Columbo; McMillan & Wife; etc.

The color is great.. beautiful to look at. The only odd thing I noticed was the tinge of color in the opening newsreels. Were any of those Hearst Metrotone newsreels from the 1930s in color?

-----------------------------------

To be fair, I stuck with this one all the way to the end, which I actually liked - the last 20 minutes or so. Once all of the scenes showcasing Ms. Reynolds' dancing skills were out of the way, I was able to see a movie there.. and the thriller part of it's description began to bloom. Ms. Winters was very attractive, as was Ms. Reynolds.

Amended 4/27/15/1:38 PM

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I'm trying to watch What's the Matter With Helen (1971) - all I can see is singing and dancing. I'm not being psychologically thrilled. It's kinda like the tv mystery movies of the time - Columbo; McMillan & Wife; etc.

The color is great.. beautiful to look at. The only odd thing I noticed was the tinge of color in the opening newsreels. Were any of those Hearst Metrotone newsreels from the 1930s in color?
-----------------------------------
To be fair, I stuck with this one all the way to the end, which I actually liked - the last 20 minutes or so. Once all of the scenes showcasing Ms. Reynolds' dancing skills were out of the way, I was able to see a movie there.. and the thriller part of it's description began to bloom. Ms. Winters was very attractive, as was Ms. Reynolds.

Amended 4/27/15/1:38 PM

Yes, the ending was very freaky.

Shelley Winters playing the piano as there is a cut to  . . . .(Yikes!).

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, the ending was very freaky.

Shelley Winters playing the paino as there is a cut to  . . . .(Yikes!).

This one really got me when I was real young.  Especially the freaky ending - Shelley was pretty scary and the film stayed with me for a long time.  A good Halloween scary film!

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings