Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Wind (1928)

roverrocks

Enjoyed viewing this fine silent over the weekend on TCM.  This is the only movie I believe I have ever watched where I felt like I needed hosing off or power washed afterwards.  The wind and the dust and the pervasive grit felt like they had entered my pores.  A thumbs up for this fine film.  Lilian Gish: an American institution.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

It's an absolutely magical film!  It's one of my top 5 favorite movies.  The 1st time I stumbled across this film, I caught it near the beginning, but after the introduction by Miss Gish.  I was mesmerized!  It was some time later when I saw the complete film, including the introduction by Gish.   

Needless to say, it made quite an impression! 

• Like 1

It's an absolutely magical film!  It's one of my top 5 favorite movies.  The 1st time I stumbled across this film, I caught it near the beginning, but after the introduction by Miss Gish.  I was mesmerized!  It was some time later when I saw the complete film, including the introduction by Gish.   

Needless to say, it made quite an impression! 

Welcome to the message boards, Pete.

Normally, I don't care for intros where stars wax nostalgic about their glory days. But in this case, Gish's intro is so poignant (grappling with the end of the silent film era and its artistic peak), you can't help but be drawn into it.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings