Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LonesomePolecat

Watch TCM not working

You may think it's a problem with my computer or with firefox, but my tablet hasn't been able to watch videos on Watch TCM either-- that makes it strange. Neither has worked and I can't figure out why. I still get TCM on cable, so that works at least. Anyone else having trouble?

WATCH TCM no longer working on my Galaxy Tablet. It plays then blacks the screen, but I can still hear the movie playing. I get frustrated and turn it off. Does anyone know what the problem may be? I am retired and need my WATCH TCM to work again on my Tablet.

WATCH TCM no longer working on my Galaxy Tablet. It plays then blacks the screen, but I can still hear the movie playing. I get frustrated and turn it off. Does anyone know what the problem may be? I am retired and need my WATCH TCM to work again on my Tablet.

I've got the same issues with my Galaxy tabet. It started about 10 days ago after working fine since I discovered and installed the app 6 months ago. While watching a movie it now goes black but I can hear audio or I have video but no audio. When working at all the audio is ahead of the video since this all started messing up.. If I start the movie over it works for awhile and the same symptoms flair up. I'm about to give up watching on my tablet. It's a pretty new tablet and I have 1 gig internet so it shouldn't be on my end.

It only happens on Android 4.3 and lower. It start happen about 4 weeks ago when the newest update was poster to the App. TCM needs to look into what those App Developers are doing. Ot they may soon loose viewers.

Same thing happening on my Galaxy S5.....picture freezes but I still have audio and popup says standard

"unfortunately TCM has stopped working"

Then, thank  you so much TCM, the phone locks up and I have to remove the battery to restore/reboot.

Blame this on Lollipop....never had problems with KitKat.

I just thought I'd add my two cents about WATCH TCM not working via XFINITY in Tucson, Arizona.  I've been asking for help from TCM and from the moderators for over 1 year.  Never have I gotten any assistance.   I did try recent suggestions about shutting off ADBLOCK on Firefox on my Windows Vista computer but had no success.  Here (below) is my original October 2015 message which is similar to one I've been posting here and and emailing to the TCM help address for a year.  

Thanks,  David

-------------------------------

I've written for assistance to the TCM support e-mail.  I've asked the moderators here.  No luck.  No response...sort of like the recent out-of-sync problems.  Never a real explanation.  Since TCM sent out today a "Thank you for your support" email about improvements to WATCH TCM, I'd like a little support in return from TCM tech folks.  I've been trying to access WATCH TCM on my pc with Comcast for many a moon.  Never any success.  Never any response to my help requests.   I'm only trying to WATCH TCM on my computer.  Not on my phone.  Going to the WATCH TCM home page, I click on SIGN IN.  This opens a new page with Ben's face and a choice of cable providers.  Clicking on XFINITY, I'm taken to a TCM/XFINITY sign-in page.  Logging into Comcast with my credentials takes me back to the WATCH TCM home page.  If I click on WATCH LIVE and try to view the current movie, I'm asked to sign in again to XFINITY.  The whole thing goes around and around with no success.  Comcast knows I'm logged in to Comcast but WATCH TCM does not.  How a streaming service for computers and phones can be introduced and hyped with no tech support provided is beyond me.   If any of you have any ideas, please let me know.

• Like 1

I am having a terrible time trying to watch On Demand movies on my WATCH TCM app for my iPad. I have been using the app for almost a year with no problems whatsoever, and all of a sudden, I can't watch anything on demand, only live. If I click on a movie to watch, I get the "gear" symbol that just spins around and around, and never stops. I haven't updated anything, and even did a factory reset and restore to see if that would help - to no avail. Any suggestions? I am addicted to this app, and it is driving me crazy to not be able to use it!

I am having a terrible time trying to watch On Demand movies on my WATCH TCM app for my iPad. I have been using the app for almost a year with no problems whatsoever, and all of a sudden, I can't watch anything on demand, only live. If I click on a movie to watch, I get the "gear" symbol that just spins around and around, and never stops. I haven't updated anything, and even did a factory reset and restore to see if that would help - to no avail. Any suggestions? I am addicted to this app, and it is driving me crazy to not be able to use it!

Hi elliebell

Can you give me the specifics of the device you're using? Which iPad, iOS, etc., and if everything is updated? I'll see if I can find anything out for you. 

I am having the same issue on my iMac.

I have OS X El Capitan installed and Adblock Plus and am using Firefox.

When I disabled Adblock Pluse I still could not view the movie.

No messages, just a black screen on the player.

I too have repeated problems with Watch TCM. I cannot watch on Chrome as I always get a SAML error when trying to verify my Uverse account. I have been able to watch on Firefox occasionally by enabling all 3rd party cookies, setting to remember form history, and disabling Ghostery.  However many times the movie loads and then the viewer just displays a black screen. On the few occasions it has worked it will play for awhile and repeatedly stop for an instant and resume again.  I have a good download speed (tested on att speed test) of about 22mps.  I am running the latest versions of Firefox and Chrome and OSX 10.9.5.  Is this possibly a player issue?

Having the same problems.  App is updated.  The other day the screen kept going black (audio kept playing).   Today it is not working at all - and all my cached movies are gone!   (Note: Samsung Galaxy Tab A - the new one.....)

Just tried to get it to work on this website and it's not working here, either.

You'd think with all the money they're making off this wine they'd do something like INVEST in their app?  So that people will want to keep paying extra to their cable companies for TCM?

Hi. I added TCM to my channels a few days ago. Working fine on the TV, but whenever I try to login via my iPad app, or via TCM.com on my Mac, I put in my Comcast information, and the site tells me that TCM is not part of my Xfinity TV plan and that I need to add it. I checked with Comcast, and they confirmed that I do in fact have TCM and that it doesn't appear to be a technical issue on their side.

Can someone help with this?

Has anyone - EVER - been able to watch TCM movies online, through the "Watch Now" feature or through apps, using TimeWarnerCable?  It says at the bottom of this page:

TM & © 2013 TURNER ENTERTAINMENT NETWORKS, INC. A TIME WARNER COMPANY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

But I talked with Time Warner Cable support and they say:  "For your kind information, TWC does not own TCM."

Then, the rep says a few secs later:  "It is a subsidiary of TWC."

Doesn't a subsidiary grant streaming rights to the parent corporation?  What the heck is that?

I'm having the same problem, runnign Firefox on Windows 7 64 bit. My husband is running Windows 7 32 and Firefox, neither one of us can access it.

It also says I am logged in, but I was never prompted to create a user name or account and never prompted for a login.

When will Watch TCM be fixed.  It is not on Dish's end.  Also no response from TCM.  IT is part of my Dish subscription so why no support?

Thanks!

Recently I was invited to join the TCM Inner Circle.  Many of you, perhaps, were invited, as well.  Once I joined, I used the Inner Circle support link in hopes that this would provide finally a new effective way of getting a response to our continuing questions about WATCH TCM not working, about frequent audio/video synchronization problems on TCM HD, about--in my case--being "permanently" locked out from logging into the TCM.COM website, and about the general lack of any functioning tech support operation for TCM and its website.  Sadly, no such luck.  The response I got from the TCM Inner Circle was, as follows:

Thank you for contacting support.

The panel is managed by an independent third party that is responsible solely for assisting users with technical issues when using our surveys.

For questions/feedback/issues not related to surveys or forums, please contact the customer service team here:

http://support.tnt.tv/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=5477

Sincerely,

TCM Inner Circle Support Team

The crazy thing about this response is that the link the Inner Circle Support Team gave me is for TNT, not TCM!!!  I did send my complaints to this TNT link but expect no response and no results.  Filling out the surveys so far sent to me from the Inner Circle, I've made sure to mention all these things that are not working.   I also wrote back to the Inner Circle Support Team complaining about the link they provided to TNT.  I expect no helpful response.    I give up.  I hope one of you has better luck,

David (Tucson, AZ)

Recently I was invited to join the TCM Inner Circle.  Many of you, perhaps, were invited, as well.  Once I joined, I used the Inner Circle support link in hopes that this would provide finally a new effective way of getting a response to our continuing questions about WATCH TCM not working, about frequent audio/video synchronization problems on TCM HD,

Thank you for contacting support.

The panel is managed by an independent third party that is responsible solely for assisting users with technical issues when using our surveys.

For questions/feedback/issues not related to surveys or forums, please contact the customer service team here:

http://support.tnt.tv/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=5477

Sincerely,

.... Filling out the surveys so far sent to me from the Inner Circle, I've made sure to mention all these things that are not working.   I also wrote back to the Inner Circle Support Team complaining about the link they provided to TNT.  I expect no helpful response.    I give up.  I hope one of you has better luck,

David (Tucson, AZ)

Dave, here is a link to another discussion going on about the "Inner Circle" 

http://forums.tcm.com/index.php?/topic/81047-tcms-inner-circle/

If misery enjoys company, then sadly you are far from alone here. 

I believe that TCM has "deaf ears" in this regard.

After all our limited efforts to find some kind of support from TCM regarding these issues, like yourself "I expect no helpful response".... that is if any of us ever receive any kind of response at all! 

• Like 1

Any new developments on this issue? I just joined an online class sponsored in-part by TCM. There are movie clips included which link to TCM.com but I can't watch them. I only get a little black screen with a Play arrow that won't change! Tried different browsers and disabled my Adblock.

Is there a setting on my computer I should change? Thanks for any updates.

Any new developments on this issue? I just joined an online class sponsored in-part by TCM. There are movie clips included which link to TCM.com but I can't watch them. I only get a little black screen with a Play arrow that won't change! Tried different browsers and disabled my Adblock.

Is there a setting on my computer I should change? Thanks for any updates.

I've been able to use my PC to stream and view TCM Movies On Demand, with the latest version of Mozilla Firefox browser and the latest version of Adobe Flashplayer. I do have a highend PC with more than ample resources. My current TV and internet provider is COX cable, I have a Motorola Surfboard  600 series Modem, and when streaming I use a direct ethernet connection. My download speeds are generally consistent at around 15-16 mbps and for a while now this has been working for me.

Anybody finding a solution?  It seems to be my pc is the problem as a tech support at my cable provider could access movies.  I can also access them on my tablet.  But not with any of my three browsers.  I get a not authorized to view notice.  It was all working last weekend.

12 hours ago, jallenaz said:

Anybody finding a solution?  It seems to be my pc is the problem as a tech support at my cable provider could access movies.  I can also access them on my tablet.  But not with any of my three browsers.  I get a not authorized to view notice.  It was all working last weekend.

I doubt that you've changed anything of your settings since last week, but I always go through the entire routine and double check everything when these things happen.
Right now I just checked a handful of TCM ON-DEMAND flicks and they all start to load just fine. However it isn't unusual with TCM for there to be an issue with a single, or two or three movies, and not the others so...

Try to isolate the problem... Check other sites to see if streaming is a problem there as well (i.e. pbs.org, netflix, etc.). Also check different TCM ON-DEMAND movies and see if the problem is with across the board, or occurs only with a single or few movies.
Check speedtest.net make sure download stream is at least a consistent 5 MB/ps.
IF you are using WiFi, don't forget to double check your speeds with a dedicated Ethernet cable from your modem to your PC.
***Make sure that your Flash is up-to-date.
If your browser last worked fine, DON'T Upgrade it Right Away (as sometimes an upgrade will have conflicts with TCM). I always save a copy of my "good" browser versions, so when I do Upgrade for security issues, and if there are TCM conflicts, I can always revert back with at least one browser and reserve that strictly for TCM streaming UNTIL those conflicts have been resolved.
***Make sure your browser Privacy Settings are set to ACCEPT ALL THIRD PARTY COOKIES whenever viewing any live or On-Demand features with TCM (Important-AFTER FINISHED VIEWING, BE SURE TO RESET YOUR SECURITY SETTINGS AND DELETE ALL THE 3rd PARTY COOKIES THAT TCM HAS LOADED ONTO YOUR SYSTEM (hopefully None of them are PERSISTENT like the Google Cookie/s. ALSO CLEAR YOUR CACHE).
Sometimes with PC's they can get so cluttered with unseen apps running and memory grabbers that a simple shut down, 30 second-minute wait and Re-Start will help clear it up.

*** Based on what you've so far shared these are the two areas that off-the-top could possibly contribute the problem as stated?

When you post about such issues try to provide as much info as you can (No personally identifying info) so that fellow members and maybe the Moderator, can have more to work with at their end to help.

Repost if any remedial action works (or NOT), or the problem seems to have "spontaneously resolved," (or NOT) that feedback can be useful for all of us that double check these posts. 

I ran Malwarebytes and it cleaned out about 900 pups (potentially unwanted programs).  I can't guarantee that was the issue.  I might have been having some trouble with my password manager and it using the wrong password too.  But something started the problem before I had the password issue.  So I think it could have been the pups.  TCM is now working as it should in Microsoft Edge.  The not authorized to view still shows with Firefox.  When I first had this issue CableONE told us to use Edge and that seemed to fix the problem.  Still seems to be the fix.  At least we can watch it tonight.

• Thanks 1

Glad to hear that things are working again.
I won't use MS 10, or Edge, so I can't help troubleshoot regarding their browsers anymore.
I have no current problem with Firefox and Win 7 Pro OS.
I will use Google Chrome occassionally just to help troubleshoot a browser issue, but I dislike Google's use of persistent cookies that will cross over into other browsers in the system.
The PUPs may or may not have contributed to your issue, but always good to keep unwanted programs that automatically install themselves out of our systems.
Keep up the good work and next time you experience an issue with TCM streaming let us know in this Forum, sometimes we can help a bit, sometimes not. But we may at least be able to confirm whether it is a general or isolated problem.

I generally use Chrome for everything.  But it won't allow Flash that is needed to view TCM.  I wish Firefox would work.  Edge is better than IE was.  I really like Win 10 Pro.  I'll let this forum know when we have a problem again.  Maybe never we hope.

Thanks.