Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The great nipkowdisc trivia challenge

NipkowDisc

Good question, ND. Right off the top of my head, I don't think I know the answer to this.

However, I DO know the last time I saw someone mention this movie around here, and so if you'll settle for an answer to THAT, well, do I still get some kind of nice "parting gift/consolation prize" as they used to say on all those old game shows all the time???

(...you know, kind'a like how Groucho would ask people who were goin' away losers but then would ask 'em "Who's buried Grant's Tomb?") ;)

OH btw, I forgot to add here that the correct answer to Groucho's old question was: "No one". You see, President Grant and his wife Julia Dent Grant are entombed above ground inside sarcophagi within that NYC monument.

But, as you may remember, Groucho would always accept the name of "Grant" as a correct answer in order for those unfortunate souls to not walk away empty-handed.

(...he never being a real stickler for accuracy in this regard, of course) ;)

OH btw, I forgot to add here that the correct answer to Groucho's old question was: "No one". You see, President Grant and his wife Julia Dent Grant are entombed above ground inside sarcophagi within that NYC monument.

But, as you may remember, Groucho would always accept the name of "Grant" as a correct answer in order for those unfortunate souls to not walk away empty-handed.

(...he never being a real stickler for accuracy in this regard, of course) ;)

fenneman (in leiu of bughouse), that's all. just plain fenneman. :lol:

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings