Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Need help with Cary Grant

Guest Chase, Debra

Guest Chase, Debra

I recently obtained a copy of "Christmas Lullaby" by Cary Grant. It was a spoken word piece set to music. Does anyone know where this came from? A movie? A record album? A tv show?

• 1 month later...

Have you tried one of the many Cary Grant sites. They might be able to help you. I love Cary Grant and was not aware of this what a gem you have. Good luck

• 3 months later...

In 1967, Dyan Cannon gave birth to Cary Grant's only offspring Jennifer Grant. To commemorate her birth, Cary asked his neighbor and friend Peggy Lee to compose a lullaby for his daughter. With the holiday season rapidly approaching, they decided to go with a Christmas flavor. "Christmas Lullaby" was released as a 45 single in 1967. On occasion, you can find this 45 for auction on eBay. Hope this helped...

• 2 months later...
Guest Nuzzo, Debbie

I have been trying to remember the name of a movie with Cary Grant. In the movie, he and his wife become foster parents for a crippled boy (who becomes an eagle scout) and an older girl who would steal food because she was afraid there wouldn't be another meal. I haven't seen the movie in YEARS!! and cannot remember the title. It was a favorite of mine as a kid, and am hoping it is out on video somewhere.

Guest Nuzzo, Debbie

Yup! I think that's right! I wonder what ever happened with that movie. I've not seen it on anything for years! I don't believe it's out on video either.

• 3 months later...
Guest Cat, Maggie the

No, not at all. He blew me away in O Brother, Where Art Thou, exhibiting the same comic ability (read: utter shamelessness) that Grant posessed. However, Clooney's probably too smart to take on such a thankless role.

Maggie - are you kidding me. A "thankless" role. If Clooney played Grant, it would put him over the top. Cary Grant is one of the most underrated actors in my estimation. He hasn't begun to get the applause and recognition he deserves. He was a great actor... his comedic genius and dramatic abilities place him well above a lot of actors past and present. Hitchcock was a genius in exhibiting Cary in various roles.

• 2 months later...

Cary Grant was one of the finest actors around. All of his movies, including his last one Walk Don't Run, were made great by his presence.

Unfortunately, the kingdom of movie makers didn't fully appreciate him until shortly before his death.

I have a large personal video/film library and the one actor whose movies are represented the most are Cary Grant's. He and not Sophia Loren made House Boat the minor sucess it was.

As far as George Clooney a new Cary Grant, I admire his work but I don't think he can say as much with a raised eyebrow or a double take as Mr. Grant did.

In a nutshell, Cary Grant was the best most underated actor.

Is this help, no but I had to vent :>).

Dualdave, vent away regarding Cary Grant! It occurred to me during the recent brouhaha in the news about the alleged human clone that, rather than replicate just anyone for a price or to satisfy an egotistical desire---if they must, why not clone someone most people would love to see again and whose presence among us made the world a more cheerful place:

CARY GRANT!

Ah, but there could never be another soul quite like his...at least we have film to see his animating spirit. ( -:

• 4 weeks later...

I have another candidate for cloning - Audrey Hepburn! She's been gone 10 years already and I still miss her classy personality and presence. She and Cary Grant were ideal in CHARADE. What made them think a remake could begin to touch it?

And I'm sorry, but Jennifer Love Hewitt doesn't even come close to Audrey, in looks or spirit!