Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I need help identifying a movie

Hi everyone,

Noob here...I'm trying to identify a movie that I saw a long time ago and all I can do is to describe three scenes that I can recall:

1)  A large flying craft.  Possibly resembling an old sailing vessel; sailing slowly through a mountainous region.

2)  A man is getting a haircut on the vessel; a bowl-like device is lowered onto his head and he's left with concentric circles of hair.

3)  People sliding through tunnels of ice.

Any help would be appreciated.

If you know this movie please email me at:

[...]

Edited by TCMModerator1
Edited for personal information
  • 3 weeks later...

My first thought was Frank Capra's "Dirigible" (1931), about an expedition by dirigible to Antarctica. TCM has shown it, but it's been a while since I've seen it. It could explain the tunnels of ice, though I don't remember anything like that. However, the haircut with concentric circles makes it sound more like a fantasy of some kind, especially if it involves a flying sailing vessel. "Master of the World" (1961) with Vincent Price features a flying ship that roams the world destroying weapons of war and fighting machines of all nations.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...
On 5/30/2015 at 6:45 AM, rhodesisland said:

Have you asked at imdb.com? They have a message board called, Need to Know, just for these sorts of questions.

Thanks for the advice, hopefully someone can help.

On 5/5/2015 at 6:46 AM, slaytonf said:

I have an inkling, though it might sound hard to believe.  A couple questions.  Was it color or b/w?  Do you have an idea of how long ago it was?

I think it was in black in white but I'm not sure.  Two movies were suggested; Dirigible and Master of the World.  Both are on YouTube so I was able to skim through but alas, it's not either of these.  It's possible it's not even an American made film.  Sorry it took so long to reply.

On 5/30/2015 at 7:29 PM, slaytonf said:

Hello, kiplingmartin, are you there?

Yes, I'm still here.  Two movies were suggested; Dirigible and Master of the World.  Both are on YouTube so I was able to skim through but alas, it's not either of these.  It's possible it's not even an American made film.  Sorry it took so long to reply.

On 5/21/2015 at 12:25 PM, DougieB said:

My first thought was Frank Capra's "Dirigible" (1931), about an expedition by dirigible to Antarctica. TCM has shown it, but it's been a while since I've seen it. It could explain the tunnels of ice, though I don't remember anything like that. However, the haircut with concentric circles makes it sound more like a fantasy of some kind, especially if it involves a flying sailing vessel. "Master of the World" (1961) with Vincent Price features a flying ship that roams the world destroying weapons of war and fighting machines of all nations.

Thanks for the suggestions.  Both of those movies are on YouTube and I was able to skim through and look for the scenes I remembered but alas, it's neither of those.