Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The worst possible cast selection.....

Bela Lugosi in ABE LINCOLN IN ILLINOIS 2115-21_1024x1024.jpg?v=1536010557

"Four score and seven years ago, my children of the night, our blood sucking fathers brought up on this continent, having just feasted on the necks of a thousand virgins, but were still dedicated to the crazy proposition that all men are created equal."

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
34 minutes ago, LawrenceA said:

It's time to admit that we're all just listing things that we'd actually like to see.

When I was trying to find a place to present my inspired idea about Roy Rogers, the thread name that came to my mind was "Sick Casting Fantasies," and I would have been able to add my other pet thought about how Clint Walker should have played Superman. That just doesn't go in this thread- it's too right.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Kay said:

When I was trying to find a place to present my inspired idea about Roy Rogers, the thread name that came to my mind was "Sick Casting Fantasies," and I would have been able to add my other pet thought about how Clint Walker should have played Superman. That just doesn't go in this thread- it's too right.

I, too, have thought Clint Walker would have made a good Superman, or Captain America. Rock Hudson would have been a good Superman too. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, LawrenceA said:

I, too, have thought Clint Walker would have made a good Superman, or Captain America. Rock Hudson would have been a good Superman too. 

The thing that makes Clint Walker so perfect is how distinctive he his in his size and voice. When he'd be in Clark Kent mode he'd be every bit as dumfoundingly recognizable as he was in the comic strip.

509303ab2741a.image.jpg?resize=400,373

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Kay said:

The thing that makes Clint Walker so perfect is how distinctive he his in his size and voice. When he'd be in Clark Kent mode he'd be every bit as dumfoundingly recognizable as he was in the comic strip.

32864666991_146ea6355c_b.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
On 5/13/2019 at 11:53 AM, Defenestrator said:

Simon Oakland as Fonzie.

You should have heard the Oakland "Ayyys!"

Oof! I was with it until the pun. Where's the "Groan" button?

On 5/11/2019 at 9:21 AM, LawrenceA said:

Bob Hope and Bing Crosby in Midnight Cowboy

Gotta ask, which one is which? I keep switching them in my mind and I think I'm loving the idea of Bob Hope in the Jon Voight role. Bing would be sure to have it that way- Bob always gets the dirty work. :lol:

• 5 months later...
On 11/12/2019 at 6:51 PM, Bethluvsfilms said:

Fred Astaire as Hannibal Lector and Lucille Ball as Clarice Sterling in THE SILENCE OF THE LAMBS

Alfred Hitchcock as Hannibal Lector :lol: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

One interesting real life example - Saro Urzi's role in Seduced and Abandoned was originally going to go to Spencer Tracy or Ernest Borgnine because the producers wanted to get the American audeince.

MV5BMjIyNDQyNzc0OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTMz

Ernest_Borgnine_McHale_McHale's_Navy_196

MV5BMTIwNjE5NTc0OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNDU5

Pietro Germi thought it would be a really bad idea to have a Socttish-American playing a Sicilian.

Not such so much as a terrible idea, but it would have been interesting to have seen Kirk Douglas play Gordon Gekko in WALL STREET.

It's exactly the kind of smarmy, arrogant type role he was known to have played in such films as OUT OF THE PAST, THE BAD AND THE BEAUTIFUL and ACE IN THE HOLE.