Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Cable, Internet, and Phone Providers Being Sold

Florida's Cable, Internet, and Phone Services are being sold to out of state companies with far worse ratings in the areas of customer support and service. Oh great..

Bright House Networks is being bought by Charter Communications, and Verizon FIOS by Frontier Communications.. if the deals go through.

I have been extremely pleased with Bright House Networks; now.. I guess I'll be getting a taste of the other end of the spectrum. I may have to go satellite on these guys.

Thank you, Fred. Very appropriate.

It was just a joke, and not an insult. :)

I think all big companies (and some small ones too) are all now run by mafia types. Even the big famous banks are cheating customers and I think all the cable and satellite companies are too.

It was just a joke, and not an insult. :)

I think all big companies (and some small ones too) are all now run by mafia types. Even the big famous banks are cheating customers and I think all the cable and satellite companies are too.

Oh, I know..

:)

I guess my previous response seemed a bit dry. Unintentional, I assure you.

Seems to me that whenever things are finally going nicely with some company, some other company buys it out and starts changing the services and costs all around, and the original company, services, and prices change for the worse.

• Like 2

Seems to me that whenever things are finally going nicely with some company, some other company buys it out and starts changing the services and costs all around, and the original company, services, and prices change for the worse.

Seems that way. An article mentioned the company buying out my service has recently made good progress in improving it's customer service and overall ratings. I hope they keep it up and don't screw up the good thing we all have here in Florida. My experience with Bright House Networks, and I mean all phases dealing with customers, has been one of almost disbelief at their excellence in service.

I can't speak for all customers, but those are my feelings.

Next thing, some backwoods company will be buying Microsoft - the 'you-know-what' will hit the fan over that one!
:P

So instead of manufacturing things for consumers to buy....our economy has switched to huge corporations selling their customer base to other huge corporations to mismanage and fail.

This is sort of the idea of sit-down restaurant chains (not fast food chains) They have a business plan with a goal of an 8 year lifespan. They build a reputation the first 3 years or so, then cut back on portion or quality, hoping the customer loyalty keeps them coming back awhile, albeit a bit less enthusiastically before they stop going all together. 

After 8 years, they feel the market has been exhausted, so they sell the chain off. The new corporation sees stars in their eyes but the chain has already lost customer base with the changes and the new ownership cannot revitalize the brand.

So eating at the new chain is a good idea for about 3 years-they try harder.

• Like 2