Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Disney's next Indiana Jones

Just throwin' names out there..

Daniel Craig could pull this off.. if Disney sticks with the traditional Indiana Jones model. Heck, they could take the whole thing to a new level, a la Star Trek (2009) - then they could put anyone they wanted in there.

Hopefully, that "anyone" will be able to act.

Gawd, why can't any film makers think of an original new idea?

Remember when BOOKS were "blockbusters" and you looked forward to seeing it "brought to life" as a movie? Where are all the screenwriters?

Is the ONLY way a movie idea will be backed is if it's a FRANCHISE? Is anyone else bored to tears with franchises? Franchised department stores, restaurants, entertainment centers....is anyone else disgusted to see every US city looks the SAME?

• Like 1

no more than we needed a remake of Poltergeist for 2015...

(the trailer sure stunk....same images as Speilberg's (oops, Hooper's)

Remakes,  serials,  and franchise type movie making has been going on since the 30s.   In addition the studio-era had the "programmer";  this was taking a well worn plot and \ or screenplay,  re-pairing stars that had prior box office appeal,  adding the under contract studio supporting players and asking a director to make a 'new' movie.     ('new' since little was 'new' about the process). 

The above was done for the same reasons movie producers do what they do today;   to make a buck.

....is anyone else disgusted to see every US city looks the SAME?

I dunno for sure here Tiki, but I hear the folks in Minnesota's Twin Cities are pretty much okay with it! ;)

(...sorry, couldn't resist)

Bradley Cooper might be good as Indiana.

And Sans, what say we keep ol' Indiana as a guy here, seein' as how you gals already have that whole Lara Croft thing goin' on.

(...man, I tell ya...whadda they gonna want NEXT?...a woman PRESIDENT or somethin'???!!!) ;)

whadda they gonna want NEXT?...a woman PRESIDENT or somethin'???!!!) ;)

A woman in power worked well for us:

Yulia Tymoshenko, Prime Minister of Ukraine (2007-2010)

She was Orange!

9TzqFJE.jpg XLpFplD.jpg

HEY! How come those women politicos OVER THERE are so much cuter than OURS are, HUH???!!!

It must be somethin' in the water over there, RIGHT?!

(...soooo, you DO still have some connections over there, doncha Sans?...think you can get some o' that water delivered to D.C. for us???) ;)

HEY! How come those women politicos OVER THERE are so much cuter than OURS are, HUH???!!!

It is not the water. All women in Ukraine are beautiful. Our souls come from Cossacks, our skin from Tsars.

(...soooo, you DO still have some connections over there, doncha Sans?...think you can get some o' that water delivered to D.C. for us???) ;)

I would gladly contribute water if it were to drown one particular woman there.

I must wonder if Matt Smith would be good in the role of: Indian Jones. He was perfect in the role as the universe's greatest adventurer.

A woman in power worked well for us:

Yulia Tymoshenko, Prime Minister of Ukraine (2007-2010)

She was Orange!

9TzqFJE.jpg XLpFplD.jpg

She looks good to me. When can she start? Does the hair come with her? How about that leather jacket? 

It's the heavy water..

;)

It is not the water. All women in Ukraine are beautiful. Our souls come from Cossacks, our skin from Tsars.

Well, I see modesty runs in short-supply among the womenfolk over there, anyway! ;)

I would gladly contribute water if it were to drown one particular woman there.

LOL  Good line there!

I must wonder if Matt Smith would be good in the role of: Indian Jones. He was perfect in the role as the universe's greatest adventurer.

Wasn't familiar with this guy "Matt Stone" here, Sans, and so I looked him up on the internet.

And so after I did, I now wanna say...THAT GUY?! Kind'a doofus lookin' if ya ask me! Oh sure, the guy's in good shape and all, but that's about IT!!!

(...and so NOW I'm wonderin' if YOU think the guy is good lookin' enough to take over for ol' Harrison in that role, then I'm startin' to wonder just how pretty all the women ARE over there in the Ukraine you're braggin' about here???!!!)

LOL

Julia Child's first book is my cooking bible, but one recipe seemed so daunting, it took me years to address it. Finally I did, twice, most recently a few days ago. It's a dessert called "Charlotte Malakoff." Evidently -- I just learned this -- it was created in honour of the French capture of a Ukrainian town in 1855. Who even knew that France and the Ukraine had a war going at that time? In any case, the dessert is quite good, though exhausting to make.

Well, I see modesty runs in short-supply among the womenfolk over there, anyway! ;)

False modesty is not a common vice.

Wasn't familiar with this guy "Matt Stone" here, Sans, and so I looked him up on the internet.

And so after I did, I now wanna say...THAT GUY?! Kind'a doofus lookin' if ya ask me! Oh sure, the guy's in good shape and all, but that's about IT!!!

(...and so NOW I'm wonderin' if YOU think the guy is good lookin' enough to take over for ol' Harrison in that role, then I'm startin' to wonder just how pretty all the women ARE over there in the Ukraine you're braggin' about here???!!!)

I base my recommendation on more than simple appearance. Matt Smith can act. He was chosen for the role as the universe's greatest adventurer because of his complexity. He is a young man with an old soul. I feel that is quite appropriate for an archaeologist. He faces adversity with determination and finds joy in simple things. He is an intellectual who is not afraid to be seen as a buffoon. I feel that fits: Indiana Jones character well.

Perhaps you would prefer the earlier Doctor:

David Tennant

9iPUaTU.jpg

Julia Child's first book is my cooking bible, but one recipe seemed so daunting, it took me years to address it. Finally I did, twice, most recently a few days ago. It's a dessert called "Charlotte Malakoff." Evidently -- I just learned this -- it was created in honour of the French capture of a Ukrainian town in 1855. Who even knew that France and the Ukraine had a war going at that time? In any case, the dessert is quite good, though exhausting to make.

It is my understanding that it was created long before that time by a French chef in service to the Tsar.

I do not excel in history, but I must think that you refer to an incident in: Crimean War. It is a common feeling that Crimea is only nominally part of Ukraine. It is beautiful, and the people are wonderful, but they do not have the same soul. It is my feeling that they would best be an independent country if they were in any manner capable of handling their own affairs.

It is my understanding that it was created long before that time by a French chef in service to the Tsar.

I do not excel in history, but I must think that you refer to an incident in: Crimean War. It is a common feeling that Crimea is only nominally part of Ukraine. It is beautiful, and the people are wonderful, but they do not have the same soul. It is my feeling that they would best be an independent country if they were in any manner capable of handling their own affairs.

Thanks -- It did not occur to me that the battle took place in the Crimean War, because in my ignorance I didn't know that the French were involved in that war. I did check further -- there was a battle of Malakoff during that war, and a Malakoff Fortress which fell. Perhaps the dessert is supposed to represent the fortress.  (The dessert may be an adaptation of the Charlotte Russe, which is the one that was created by a French chef for his boss, who was the Tsar).

Regarding the Crimea, my maternal grandfather was born in Odessa, Russia. Last year, during the troubles in that region, I was confused. I didn't know that the Crimea had been given to the Ukraine in the 1950s.

Thanks -- It did not occur to me that the battle took place in the Crimean War, because in my ignorance I didn't know that the French were involved in that war. I did check further -- there was a battle of Malakoff during that war, and a Malakoff Fortress which fell. Perhaps the dessert is supposed to represent the fortress.  (The dessert may be an adaptation of the Charlotte Russe, which is the one that was created by a French chef for his boss, who was the Tsar).

I am sorry for my error. I have little experience with such fancy desserts and was confusing Charlotte Malakoff with Charlotte Russe. Is there significant difference?

Regarding the Crimea, my maternal grandfather was born in Odessa, Russia. Last year, during the troubles in that region, I was confused. I didn't know that the Crimea had been given to the Ukraine in the 1950s.

I am from Odessa, Ukraine. I am not aware of a city in Russia with that name. I know there are cities of that name in: Canada and: United States. I believe they were founded by immigrants from Ukraine.

I regret to say that the only thing I know about CRIMEA and the Crimean war comes from the poem "The Charge Of the Light Brigade".

But, I think since all those people are wrapped up in the same LAND MASS, that everyone there should be given the same, equal respect and consideration.  It is comparable to if the U.S. was divided into smaller "nations", based on regions( the South, Midwest, and/or New England and such) and going to war with one another.

It just seems so STUPID to me.

Sepiatone

I am sorry for my error. I have little experience with such fancy desserts and was confusing Charlotte Malakoff with Charlotte Russe. Is there significant difference?

I am from Odessa, Ukraine. I am not aware of a city in Russia with that name. I know there are cities of that name in: Canada and: United States. I believe they were founded by immigrants from Ukraine.

I think there are slight differences between the two desserts, although each has adapted over time. Both are encased in a mold of ladyfingers (which according to Julia Child must be homemade). The Charlotte Russe classically contains a Bavarian cream (there was a popular NYC street version when I was a child); the Malakoff holds an almond cream and fruit. 

Regarding Odessa, I'm afraid I'm not knowledgeable about the geography and politics of that region. I believe my grandfather came from the Odessa that was founded by Catherine the Great.  I did have the pleasure to travel extensively in Romania many years ago, as a guest of the cultural community there, after the fall of Ceausescu.  They took me around the country before we settled down to work in Bucharest. I spent one night in the Manastirea Dragomirna, up near the Ukrainian border. Looking out of my window toward the Ukraine,  I've never seen stars shine so brightly.

I regret to say that the only thing I know about CRIMEA and the Crimean war comes from the poem "The Charge Of the Light Brigade".

But, I think since all those people are wrapped up in the same LAND MASS, that everyone there should be given the same, equal respect and consideration.  It is comparable to if the U.S. was divided into smaller "nations", based on regions( the South, Midwest, and/or New England and such) and going to war with one another.

It just seems so STUPID to me.

Sepiatone

Well there is the POV that more countries allows people  (especially minorities) more freedom instead of being controlled by a central government.    This movement is going on in many places;  Scotland,  Spain,   Texas,  etc...

On the total opposite side is the John Lennon 'imagine' type POV - no countries at all.

I really don't know which is best for mankind.