Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Start Another One, Rich

darkblue

Well, let's hope 3rd time lucky. Someone keeps getting the topic banished to the cornfield. Apparently someone has an issue with some aspect of it.

Your polls are a favorite here, Rich.

Hopefully in a new one, nobody will be negative and we will all enjoy a delightful thread.

Remember folks, starvation is essential - it's the only way.

• Like 3

Well, back in the late 70s there was an abysmal (get it?) sci fi film called The Black Hole.

Hey, Rich, you could somehow connect that one with pi and all that challenging mathematics stuff you know about.

But back to "Message Board Poles" - I'm sure there must be quite a few movies featuring pole dancing.

A new poll thread is fine. But please let me remind everyone, no member dictates what moderation actions are taken. The posts/threads that have been removed lately are due to the personal attacks, and rude, inappropriate comments.  

So enjoy, have fun! Just please keep it civil :)

• Like 1

Seriously: please, moderators, just take this thread as a simple request to restore Rich's Message Board Poll thread. Preferably in this forum.

No bad feeling, no veiled insults to anyone, no valid reason to delete or move it.

It would be an acknowledgement of the popularity of a really good - and good-natured - thread, that's all.

Edit: Posts collide! Obviously I posted this one seconds after the mod's post, below.

Thanks, Mr. (Ms?) moderator.

(Now poor old Rich just has to come up with some new and hilarious thread ideas. No pressure, scsu75 !)

• Like 1

A new poll thread is fine. But please let me remind everyone, no member dictates what moderation actions are taken. The posts/threads that have been removed lately are due to the personal attacks, and rude, inappropriate comments.  

And remember, everyone - starvation is essential. It's the only way.

• Like 1

Well, there is always Ace in the Hole

And then there's always THIS you could maybe work with somehow, Rich...

;)

(...remember when Captain Kangaroo would occasionally run this song on his show?)

Well, let's hope 3rd time lucky. Someone keeps getting the topic banished to the cornfield. Apparently someone has an issue with some aspect of it.

Your polls are a favorite here, Rich.

Hopefully in a new one, nobody will be negative and we will all enjoy a delightful thread.

Remember folks, starvation is essential - it's the only way.

YES, RICH, START ANOTHER ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I suppose I could do a poll on famous movie "poles" ...

I feel that if you present Poles then it is fair that you also present other Slavic people. Perhaps: Czech and Double Czech (1930)?

I do hope that you do begin a new thread of polls. Your sense of humor is quite wonderful.

• Like 2

I suppose I could do a poll on famous movie "poles" ...

As one of the resident "Poles" in the forum, I'd ask for a clarification:

Actors who've PORTRAYED Poles in movies, or actors or actresses who ARE Polish?

For the former, MY vote goes to CORNELL WILDE, who portrayed the Polish "favorite son" composer FREDERIC CHOPIN in A SONG TO REMEMBER.   ;)

Sepiatone

I feel that if you present Poles then it is fair that you also present other Slavic people. Perhaps: Czech and Double Czech (1930)?

I do hope that you do begin a new thread of polls. You sense of humor is quite wonderful.

Somehow, to me, "sense of humor" always meant the ability to appreciate what's really funny. rather than come up with funny stuff.

I do hope that you do begin a new thread of polls. You sense of humor is quite wonderful.

A poll on Poles, or a survey on Serbs........Either will do.

For the former, MY vote goes to CORNELL WILDE, who portrayed the Polish "favorite son" composer FREDERIC CHOPIN in A SONG TO REMEMBER.   ;)

Sepiatone

Yes, especially because many might be surprised that a Pole would be capable of composing a symphony. :)

Sepiatone

I've already posted a photo of the great Polish actress/singer Lyda Roberti, who plays the hottest thing in old Klopstockia, "Mata Machree, the woman no man can resist" in Million Dollar Legs. In the Broadway musical Roberta, she also played the role later played by Ginger Rogers in the movie version.

In her big number in Million Dollar Legs, Roberti sings the immortal lines:

"When I start to dance

Fire horses start to prance.

And the whole department

Wears asbestos pants!"

Rich NEVER posts anything rude to anyone, yet it was his thread that was locked.

May I suggest you go back and delete the rude posts of the other people, and unlock Rich's thread.

Use the Warning system to stop the rude posts from other people, and let us enjoy more of Rich's fine polite and clever humor. Please don't punish Rich for someone else's rude posts.

Fred

• Like 7

Rich NEVER posts anything rude to anyone, yet it was his thread that was locked.

May I suggest you go back and delete the rude posts of the other people, and unlock Rich's thread.

Use the Warning system to stop the rude posts from other people, and let us enjoy more of Rich's fine polite and clever humor. Please don't punish Rich for someone else's rude posts.

Fred

Well said, Fred.

But why was the orginial thread locked and why was it moved to Off Topic Chit Chat?

Please remove any offending posts if you must (none of these were made by the creator of the thread), unlock the thread and restore it to General Discussions where it belongs.

The polls were definitely on topic and humorously commented on discussions happening in multiple threads in the forum.

But why was the orginial thread locked and why was it moved to Off Topic Chit Chat?

Please remove any offending posts if you must (none of these were made by the creator of the thread), unlock the thread and restore it to General Discussions where it belongs.

The polls were definitely on topic and humorously commented on discussions happening in multiple threads in the forum.

Note that the Chit Chat thread has 'for non movie related topics' under the title.   Therefore one can assume that 'General Discussion' is for general movie related topics.

So the question here is:  is a thread like this "polls" thread a movie related topic?    Sorry but I have to say NO.  It is a topic about this website and its users (and a thread I love BTW),  but not about movie related topics.    

Note that many here wish there were NO sub-categories since they do NOT wish to 'click' on various sub-categories.  They only wish to go to General Discussions,  period.     That is the main reason they don't like threads moved.     BUT is that a solid reason for having NON movie topics in General Discussions?       Clearly NOT according to the moderator.

I still recommend people just use the 'view new context' feature.    This will show only those threads that one hasn't read yet regardless of which sub-category they are in.     I don't see this site doing away with sub-categories and therefore the moderator will continue to move threads to what they feel is the 'correct' sub-category.

PS:  Yes it is rather petty to even care that there is some 'bleeding' between sub-categories.   I get that.  But if the moderator is the one doing this (and according to the moderator the choice was theirs and theirs alone),   one shouldn't blame users of this forum for the occurrences.