Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help stop TCM from repeating the same movies.

Kusz

KNOCK ON WOOD with Danny Kaye.  When was the last time anyone has seen this movie on TCM. I would venture a guess that it's been well over 10 maybe even 20 years. For some reason TCM doesn't delve into the really rare movies that are just fantastic to watch, like this one. How about OFF LIMITS with Bob Hope, another great classic that doesn't make it to the tube. Come on TCM watchers, join in with me and demand that TCM start showing the really rare classics like the two that I mentioned earlier. We want more variety and entertainment. I'm afraid that someday TCM will turn into the AMC that is today, all the same movies, over and over and over and over...

KNOCK ON WOOD with Danny Kaye.  When was the last time anyone has seen this movie on TCM. I would venture a guess that it's been well over 10 maybe even 20 years. For some reason TCM doesn't delve into the really rare movies that are just fantastic to watch, like this one. How about OFF LIMITS with Bob Hope, another great classic that doesn't make it to the tube. Come on TCM watchers, join in with me and demand that TCM start showing the really rare classics like the two that I mentioned earlier. We want more variety and entertainment. I'm afraid that someday TCM will turn into the AMC that is today, all the same movies, over and over and over and over...

Both films are 50s Paramount movies and TCM doesn't lease a lot of 50s Paramount movies since TCM doesn't have the same type of relationship with studios like Paramount,  Fox and Universal like they have with films owned by their parent company Time-Warner.

So the reason is NOT because TCM's programmers don't like movies from those studios but just "budget dollar and cents" and lease access rights issues.    Us older timers at this website have been hoping for more variety for years now.

I wish we could stop people from repeating the same complaints. For years we've heard Chicken Little crying about how TCM will wind up like AMC. Still hasn't happened.

Sure is taking a long time for the sky to fall.

they sure haven't repeated Hot Spell in a long time. :D

• 3 weeks later...

OFF LIMITS (1953) with Bob Hope, Marilyn Maxwell and Mickey Rooney is not a rare movie.  It's been released on VHS, DVD and Blu-Ray so in case TCM is never able to make a deal to air it it's not like the movie's been hidden away or anything.  It is easily purchased if one so desires.    

OFF LIMITS (1953) with Bob Hope, Marilyn Maxwell and Mickey Rooney is not a rare movie.  It's been released on VHS, DVD and Blu-Ray so in case TCM is never able to make a deal to air it it's not like the movie's been hidden away or anything.  It is easily purchased if one so desires.    

You can say that again.

Maybe it's just that TCM realizes that seeing Bob Hope and Mickey Rooney on the screen at the same time would be too horrific a thought even for aficionados of snuff movies. :D

• Like 2

I love this film. It's fun. Considering how popular Rooney and Hope remain with audiences, it seems like a natural choice for TCM to broadcast.

Maybe it's just that TCM realizes that seeing Bob Hope and Mickey Rooney on the screen at the same time would be too horrific a thought even for aficionados of snuff movies. :D

I'm taking your advice Andy.

It is easily purchased if one so desires.    

I'd hate to think anyone would so desire.

Well, shucks.  I gotta admit I bought a tape of OFF LIMITS (1953) some 15 years ago and I have watched it.  

It was released on the same video label (KVC) that NipkowDisc's favorite movie came out on.  

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings