Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I used to be a regular tobacco user as well. I finally completely quit 18 years ago. It’s interesting to hear about your dreams. I had two different kinds of dreams: one about starting to use tobacco again, and one about what my subconscious thought tobacco was doing to my body.

But several years later, I started having dreams again. This time they were dreams about my teeth falling out and my face rotting and falling off. It would start with a dull ache in my mouth and when I went to the mirror to see what it was, I would find that several of my teeth were loose. As I wiggled them, they would easily break loose at the root and come out, along with lots of blood. But the ache wouldn’t stop, so I would start rubbing my face only to have the skin break loose in my mouth where it connected to my jaw and cheek bone. For some reason, that actually felt better, so I would continue to rub and scratch until large hunks of skin from my cheek and chin would begin to rip off and fall off into the sink. Then I would wake up.

This took me straight to Poltergeist (1982). Early in the film, one of the researchers goes into the bathroom to wash, and... exactly what you described..

:wacko:

• Like 1

This took me straight to Poltergeist (1982). Early in the film, one of the researchers goes into the bathroom to wash, and... exactly what you described..

Although I had forgotten what movie that scene was in, I've often thought that it influenced my dream in some way. I don't recall the character pulling out his teeth, but the rest is almost identical.

Although I had forgotten what movie that scene was in, I've often thought that it influenced my dream in some way. I don't recall the character pulling out his teeth, but the rest is almost identical.

Well, adding in the teeth.. you may have been thinking of The Fly (1986) - Jeff Goldblum's character's face came apart.. teeth and jaw.

THIS will ake us off the track, but since it's MY thread, I'm allowed! ;)

When my older daughter was to get braces, we took her to the show and she was allowed to have her OWN "big bucket" of popcorn, as she wouldn't be allowed to eat it for the duration of her braces being on.

When my 2nd daughter was scheduled for them, we proferred the same indulgence.  Problem was...

We took her to the show to see  POLTERGEIST II, and there's a scene in that one where the 10 year old or so son of the family is looking in a mirror and the wires of HIS braces grew out of his mouth and completely covered his face and entire head!

My daughter REALLY wasn't looking forward to getting the braces after that!  :D

Sepiatone

Very few remakes do any justice to their originals, and that's wholly subjective on a personal level.

First thing: 3 friggin' D...  Now we know it's all about FX

• 2 weeks later...

Well, adding in the teeth.. you may have been thinking of The Fly (1986) - Jeff Goldblum's character's face came apart.. teeth and jaw.

Hmm. I've never seen that movie -- not a big fan of flies, or Jeff Golblum.