Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

QUESTION ABOUT "SUGGEST A MOVIE"

PrinceSaliano

Do the programmers pay any attention to it...or to General Discussions for that matter?

I believe it is impossible to know unless we received actual feedback from a programmer (which I don't recall).

Yea,  people have said they have made a recommendation and months later that film is shown,  but that doesn't mean it was because of their recommendation.   It could just be a coincidence.   

I believe it is impossible to know unless we received actual feedback from a programmer (which I don't recall).

Yea,  people have said they have made a recommendation and months later that film is shown,  but that doesn't mean it was because of their recommendation.   It could just be a coincidence.   

I'd say if it were just a few months it's a coincident. I remember a number of years ago somebody wrote in thanking TCM because he had requested a movie and it turned up two weeks later. No question it was in that case. People just don't realize, that unless TCM already has a certain film under contract, it can take months or even years to get it. Even then there are just some films that, for any number of resaons, TCM will never be able to get.

I'd say if it were just a few months it's a coincident. I remember a number of years ago somebody wrote in thanking TCM because he had requested a movie and it turned up two weeks later. No question it was in that case. People just don't realize, that unless TCM already has a certain film under contract, it can take months or even years to get it. Even then there are just some films that, for any number of resaons, TCM will never be able to get.

Since the schedules are done a few months in advance what you say doesn't add up.    Instead,  isn't it more logical to assume the movie was already scheduled and the requester just didn't know it?      (UNLESS TCM had to substitute a movie).

Yes, I think james is right.

The requests would not be effective for a while. I'd say that if a movie you've requested gets shown within a year (especially if it's never been shown before), your request could have had something to do with it.

In any case, requesting never hurts and it's easy to do. So do it. Don't give up.

I've only requested two movies on the Suggest A Movie page.

I'm still waiting  . .. .

I'm not going say what movies lest I jinx it.

I will say that I did not request HOT SPELL.

However, I am becoming increasingly interested in seeing that one.