Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
scsu1975

RICH'S MADE-UP TCM GENERAL DISCUSSION POLLS

LOL

But Rich, I don't recall "Robot Monster" being one of those Sword and Sandal epics???

(...I guess I'll have to catch that one again the next time TCM spotlights George Nader, eh?!) ;)

Might one add a photo of one of the best performances by an actor playing a Roman: Charles Hawtrey as Seneca in Carry On Cleo.

bfi-00m-dll.jpg?itok=Z6n6ig_Y

But Rich, I don't recall "Robot Monster" being one of those Sword and Sandal epics???

Check his (its?) name in the flick.

Check his (its?) name in the flick.

You're talking about George Barrows, right?

ROBOT MONSTER wanted to be a sword & sandal epic.  Heston and Boyd were just learning about chariots and teams of white-horses, and they didn't return them promptly.  Otherwise - who knows!!

At least Rich didn't include the Moe Howard-Larry Fine forays!  They were actually pretty good, of course, but sometimes that third guy... nyuk nyuk...

You're talking about George Barrows, right?

Man oh man! I AM slow on the ol' uptake lately!

NOW I get it..."Ro-Man"!

Man oh man! I AM slow on the ol' uptake lately!

NOW I get it..."Ro-Man"!

Good thing he was not Polish ... I don't want to turn this into a Polanski thread.

you mean "GREAT GUIDANCE" ?  :lol:

robot_monster_01.jpg

I dunno, but from the expression on that girl's face, she kind'a looks like she's enjoyin' the ride there!

(...like maybe Ro-Man found that one certain spot that no other Ro OR Man had ever quite found before?!)

I dunno, but from the expression on that girl's face, she kind'a looks like she's enjoyin' the ride there!

I got that same impression. Claudia Barrett was definitely hot.

Say, Robot Monster hasn't been on TCM in quite a spell, has it??

• Like 1

Dargo, what'dya mean "kinda"?  she's kickin' the bejeepers outta the guy who she saw flirting with the make-up girl earlier...  "Just don't drop me down there on are hard, hard ground!"

And is that a WWI gas-mask on, under the helmet?  Or is that where Woody got his idea for his SLEEPER robot costume?  "Just shove a shower-nozzle into yer mouth..."

• Like 1

Wasn't Claudia in a few of those "Juvenile Delinquent" movies you do such a great job of "reviewing" around here, Rich?

No, not in quite a long Hot Spell.

• Like 2

Wasn't Claudia in a few of those "Juvenile Delinquent" movies you do such a great job of "reviewing" around here, Rich?

No, I would have remembered. But she did appear in an Abbott and Costello show, winning the "Miss Mud Turtle" award.

No, I would have remembered. But she did appear in an Abbott and Costello show, winning the "Miss Mud Turtle" award.

Ah! I guess I thought she looked kind of familiar there.

"Miss Mud Turtle", eh?

(...btw, and speaking of A&C's old TV show...I've caught it few times recently on MeTV early in the mornings...gotta say it's seldom that it makes me laugh...and here I remember thinking that show was absolutely hilarious when I was just a little tyke...I hear I'm not alone in these thoughts)

Untitled_zpswej9jmqf.png

Are these what are commonly known as "Sword and Sandal" flicks? Because sometimes the "skirts" on those Roman togas are kind of short, hence the "sword" part of the epithet.

(did I say that? How vulgar. Why can't I act my age? )

Are these what are commonly known as "Sword and Sandal" flicks? Because sometimes the "skirts" on those roman togas are kind of short, hence the "sword" part of the epithet.

(did I say that? How vulgar. )

Well, ya know MissW, and seein' as how you brought this up...

There MIGHT be a reason why the most commonly used company's name that makes "sheaths" for those "swords" is called "TROJAN"!!! ;)

(...like maybe Ro-Man found that one certain spot that no other Ro OR Man had ever quite found before?!)

Well, he does have quite a left-handful there.

Well, he does have quite a left-handful there.

Actually dark, now that I'm lookin' at that picture again, I THINK I'm actually seein' George Nader with HIS right hand in some "strategically located position" there...

robot_monster_01.jpg

And which NOW leads me to believe that maybe it's actually GEORGE puttin' that little smile on Claudia's face!!!

(...strange...I'd heard Claudia wasn't his type!)

Aye, but NOW the question be: Can a Scotsman be a Roman?

Evidently he can...well, kind'a anyway...

• Like 1