Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
scsu1975

RICH'S MADE-UP TCM GENERAL DISCUSSION POLLS

Not sure... I'll need to watch it another 25 times

Well, you're in luck. That's how many more times it's on this year.

And sometimes a train is just a cigar . . .

(I must give credit to Vautrin for this one.)

LOL...good line...and no matter who said it!

<I would put in the sub-category of Westerns known as Northwesterns.

They might be Canadian westerns.  There were a couple and I have actually heard that term attributed to them

<I would put in the sub-category of Westerns known as Northwesterns.

They might be Canadian westerns.  There were a couple and I have actually heard that term attributed to them

Oh yeah, I think I know of those, Bogie!

In fact, don't all those "Canadian Westerns" use this very same musical score by Hugo Winterhalter here?...

;) 

• Like 1

Oh yeah, I think I know of those, Bogie!

In fact, don't all those "Canadian Westerns" use this very same musical score by Hugo Winterhalter here?...

;)

Ah, yes.  When pop came home on the dog sled after a hard day hunting seals mom would put that on, I would bring his moccasins for him and sis would bring him his favourite martini.  We would throw another beaver on the fire and settle down to a nice family evening.

I'm just amazed Dargo that you have all this stuff just up your sleeve.  Harpo has nothing on you!

• Like 1

Ah, yes.  When pop came home on the dog sled after a hard day hunting seals mom would put that on, I would bring his moccasins for him and sis would bring him his favourite martini.  We would throw another beaver on the fire and settle down to a nice family evening.

I'm just amazed Dargo that you have all this stuff just up your sleeve.  Harpo has nothing on you!

LOL

Well Bogie, my wife would have the answer available for your apparent amazement with that whole "sleeve" thing here, and that being her oh so perceptive observation when it comes to her husband:

"He has a mind full of useless information"

(...loved the "throw another beaver on the fire" line, btw) ;)

Tell me that "Tor" is a typo. Otherwise, I'll feel like a moron.

It's not a typo, so feel free to feel any way you feel like.

• Like 1

Tell me that "Tor" is a typo. Otherwise, I'll feel like a moron.

Don't feel so bad here, DGF. There's a very understandable reason why all these years you apparently were under the misconception that Tor's name was somehow "Thor".

(...he was Swedish, and you know how those Teutonic types can never say words with that "th" sound, and so his parents just dropped the "h" in his name, THAT'S all...would've been the same if he was French-Canadian too, of course!!!)

;)

Don't feel so bad here, DGF. There's a very understandable reason why all these years you apparently were under the misconception that Tor's name was somehow "Thor".

(...he was Swedish, and you know how those Teutonic types can never say words with that "th" sound, and so his parents just dropped the "h" in his name, THAT'S all...would've been the same if he was French-Canadian too, of course!!!)

;)

They're all born without lower teeth, so pronouncing "th" is an impossibility.

When they try, they appear to be spitting tobacco from a Lucky Strike.

;)

Nope. If he had been Canadian, he would have been Tour Johnson (pretty appropriate for a former wrestler always on the road, don't ya think?).

• Like 2

They're all born without lower teeth, so pronouncing "th" is an impossibility.

When they try, they appear to be spitting tobacco from a Lucky Strike.

LOL

This reminds me of an older gent by the name of Werner Strauss who I once worked with years ago and who talked as if he had just gotten off the boat from Hamburg Germany and even though he had lived in The States for decades. Another of those Teutonic types who couldn't pronounce the "th" sound. BUT, as you might know, the German will often pronounce this sound as an "s" sound.

Well, I think it was that day that I just couldn't resist kidding him after he started a sentence with "I think..." but of course it came out sounding like "I sink.." and then interrupted him mid-sentence to say, "I SINK"??? What were you during the war Werner, a U-boat commander or somethin'?"...well, as I was sayin' here, I THINK that was the day it cemented in my head why the German are often noted for their sense of humor...or lack thereof.

(...'cause Werner did NOT find any humor at all in what I asked!)

Untitled_zpsyfoorkg3.png

You know, it just occurred to me seeing this that Tor Johnson would be a natural for August's Summer under the Stars.

Just look at the consistency of his work.

And you gotta love America.  Putting Tor Johsnon up on Mount Rushmore along with the Presidents.  I bet his mother was very proud.

LOL

This reminds me of an older gent by the name of Werner Strauss who I once worked with years ago and who talked as if he had just gotten off the boat from Hamburg Germany and even though he had lived in The States for decades. Another of those Teutonic types who couldn't pronounce the "th" sound. BUT, as you might know, the German will often pronounce this sound as an "s" sound.

Well, I think it was that day that I just couldn't resist kidding him after he started a sentence with "I think..." but of course it came out sounding like "I sink.." and then interrupted him mid-sentence to say, "I SINK"??? What were you during the war Werner, a U-boat commander or somethin'?"...well, as I was sayin' here, I THINK that was the day it cemented in my head why the German are often noted for their sense of humor...or lack thereof.

(...'cause Werner did NOT find any humor at all in what I asked!)

:lol:

In my career in the automotive field, I had a close relationship with the Volkswagen Corp. Their dealer rep was straight from "the Old Country" (Germany). So.. I know of what you speak. There were times I believed I was in the same room with Dr. Strangelove.

:lol:

In my career in the automotive field, I had a close relationship with the Volkswagen Corp. Their dealer rep was straight from "the Old Country" (Germany). So.. I know of what you speak. There were times I believed I was in the same room with Dr. Strangelove.

That reminds me of the time when my wife bought a new hair dryer from a large department store. The device was defective and poorly made, so I went back to the store with her and complained to a sales clerk about the poor workmanship.

The middle-aged lady clerk spoke to me in a quiet German accent and she said something like, “I’m from Germany and we never would have turned out such inferior products like this in the old days.”

I was stunned, because the “old days” for her would have been about 1939-43. I didn’t know what to say, but she helped get us a refund.

• Like 1

You know, it just occurred to me seeing this that Tor Johnson would be a natural for August's Summer under the Stars.

Just look at the consistency of his work.

And you gotta love America.  Putting Tor Johsnon up on Mount Rushmore along with the Presidents.  I bet his mother was very proud.

Mommy, when I grow up I want to be on Mt. Rushmore. A reasonable goal for any tyke.

Mommy, when I grow up I want to be on Mt. Rushmore. A reasonable goal for any tyke.

When I grow up, I want to climb on Mt. Rushmore with Cary Grant. And be stuck in a train car with Cary Grant. And find buried bodies in the basement with Cary Grant. And so on and so forth........................ :wub:

I was stunned, because the “old days” for her would have been about 1939-43. I didn’t know what to say, but she helped get us a refund.

Germans are very good at what they do. Very competent.

Germans are very good at what they do. Very competent.

Depending upon "what" that "is" of course, dark...

• Like 1

Of course, Tor's living into the future as a browser in our Internet Of Things.  First, Mt Rushmore, lately as a browser.  He's getting to be like those blasted Talbots - they keep showing up, time after time.  Lyle, Nina, Gloria... (she can't hide from me - adding a "T" doesn't fool me - she's still a Talbot, appearing everywhere.)

Untitled_zpsyfoorkg3.png

I thought this tidbit from the imdb could be used by Ben when Tor is given his rightful due in August's Under the Stars ...

Due to his enormous weight, he had a habit of breaking toilet seats.

I thought this tidbit from the imdb could be used by Ben when Tor is given his rightful due in August's Under the Stars ...

Due to his enormous weight, he had a habit of breaking toilet seats.

Yes, I remember hearing about that, but I can't remember when or where ... but it was pre-imdb.