Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ben, I love you but...

clore

Someone sold you a bit of bad acid. Well, not quite but the skinny they handed you on HELL'S ANGELS ON WHEELS was wrong man. American-International had nothing to do with the film as was claimed. This was produced by Fanfare Films and released by U.S. Films.

A-I had their own DEVIL'S ANGELS as a follow-up to WILD ANGELS, that came out about a month or two earlier than HELL'S ANGELS ON WHEELS. Then THE GLORY STOMPERS came out via AIP in late 1967, I saw it on a double bill with HOUSE OF 1,000 DOLLS.

I thought that the non AIP was the best of the batch. Thanks for the acid flashbacks tonight though. ;)

He MAY have been referring to BORN LOSERS and YOU might have gotten mixed up.  ;)

But, since AI put out a ton of those type of flicks around the same time, it's easy to see HOW a mix-up would occur. :)

Sepiatone

He MAY have been referring to BORN LOSERS and YOU might have gotten mixed up.  ;)

But, since AI put out a ton of those type of flicks around the same time, it's easy to see HOW a mix-up would occur. :)

Sepiatone

No, I'm not mixed up. I even waited until the film ended so I could check my DVR recording before I posted.

Good to see you back, clore (even if I'm not into motorcycle movies). :)

Thanks Tom. It's not that I'm necessarily into them, but I saw my share of them back in the day when they would be part of a double bill, usually with a horror film. HELL'S ANGELS ON WHEELS did get a couple of good reviews locally (NYC) and one of them even went as far as declaring that Nicholson was an actor from whom we would be hearing more in the future. What got me at the time was knowing that Jack had already been making films for nine years.

Hey, clore's back ! At least I hope so.

Yes, very good news for a board that could use the help. Hope he starts posting more.

Which was the biker movie with -- I kid you not -- James Macarthur as a Nazi gang leader? I saw a clip from this once -- one of the funniest things of all time.

• Like 1

Yes, very good news for a board that could use the help. Hope he starts posting more.

Which was the biker movie with -- I kid you not -- James Macarthur as a Nazi gang leader? I saw a clip from this once -- one of the funniest things of all time.

I think this is it, but it's been awhile since I've seen it:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0064027/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_15

• Like 1

The Angry Breed.

Usually when asked as to which movie that I've seen was the worst, I have two responses. Theatrically it's THE STARFIGHTERS, a film that caused a riot when it was part of the bill prior to a rock show at the Brooklyn Fox theater.

THE ANGRY BREED gets the nod among the films that I've seen on TV. It's got a decent cast but it's surely the nadir for all of them. A movie about Rex Carlton, the guy who came up with the story for this turkey would be more interesting. He was getting mob financing and couldn't pay them back so he offed himself.