Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

HITS & MISSES: Yesterday, Today & Tomorrow on TCM

Tuesday, Oct. 31st; Three Halloween favorites; all times E.S.T.:

8:45 a.m. "White Zombie" (1932)--Early Bela Lugosi chiller.

8:00 p.m. "The Old Dark House" (1932)--Marvelous James Whale directed put-on of the haunted house genre.

9:30 p.m. "The Haunting" (1963)--Excellent ghost tale starring Julie Harris, based on Shirley Jackson's book "The Haunting of Hill House".

• Like 4

Wed., Nov 1st/2nd--24 hours of James Stewart movies. All times E.S.T.:

7:48 p.m. "Important News" (1936)--Short film starring James Stewart.

2:00 a.m. "After the Thin Man" (1936)--James Stewart, Myrna Loy, and William Powell in one of the best Thin Man films.

4:00 a.m. "Vivacious Lady" (1938)--Fun James Stewart/Ginger Rogers comedy.

• Like 1

Thursday, November 2

These three De Sica films with Sophia Loren are real gems.

8 p.m.  Marriage - Italian Style (1964)

10 p.m.  Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow (1963)

12:15 a.m.  Two Women (1961)

• Like 2

Friday, Nov. 3rd/4th; 1970's thrillers. All times E.S.T.:

10:15 p.m. "The Wilby Conspiracy" (1975)--Interesting looking anti-apartheid South African thriller starring Sidney Poitier, Michael Caine, and Nicol Williamson.

2:00 a.m. "Coma" (1978)--Good Michael Crichton thriller with Genevieve Bujold, Michael Douglas, Richard Widmark, and Elizabeth Ashley.

• Like 1
On 11/1/2017 at 12:15 PM, Bogie56 said:

Thursday, November 2

These three De Sica films with Sophia Loren are real gems.

10 p.m.  Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow (1963)

Sophia's playful striptease before an eager Marcello Mastroianni in the final episode may well be the most famous scene of her career, one to which she and Marcello would pay tribute 30 years later by repeating it in Ready To Wear (with a different ending).

yes.jpg.cf279c9c29d766797325070021c6d903.jpg

5 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

Friday, November 3/4

2 a.m.  Coma (1978).  With Genevieve Bujold and Michael Douglas.  I’ve never seen this one.

I remember the 70's Mad Magazine parody, as Bujold is chased through the storage room of medical cadavers in body bags:  "What is this place?  It looks like a Polish dry-cleaners!"  :lol:

Saturday, November 4/5

3:45 a.m.  I see the originally scheduled  Cleopatra Jones (1973) is now gone and has been replaced with the sexy Swamp Thing (1982).

5:30 a.m.  Match Your Mood (1968).  Ladies, learn how to ‘improve your lives’ by decorating your refrigerator.

• Like 2

Saturday, Nov. 4th/5th; all times E.S.T.:

12:00 p.m. "Trooper Hook" (1957)--Underrated Joel McCrea/Barbara Stanwyck western deals with some of the same themes as "The Searchers" (1956).

2:00 a.m. "Deadly Friend" (1986)--The first of a Wes Craven double feature, film is definitely worth a watch.

3:45 a.m. "Swamp Thing" (1982)--Another recommendation for this movie.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

Saturday, November 4/5

3:45 a.m.  I see the originally scheduled  Cleopatra Jones (1973) is now gone and has been replaced with the sexy Swamp Thing (1982).

5:30 a.m.  Match Your Mood (1968).  Ladies, learn how to ‘improve your lives’ by decorating your refrigerator.

I love Match Your Mood. It’s hilarious. This short, and the Tupperware one are my favorites. 

• Like 1

Careful about the times for TCM Underground tonight.  With the end of Daylight Saving time, everything is moved back an hour.  The TCM online schedule has The MGM Story between the two features; my set-top box guide has it at the end of the night.

• Thanks 2

Sunday, Nov. 5th; all times E.S.T.:

8:00 p.m. "Unseen Cinema: Early American Avant Garde Film 1894-1941" (2006)--Full title is in the brief TCM article on the film. This film includes 16 short films or sequences, including a sequence from 1941's "Peer Gynt" starring a teenage Charlton Heston, "Ballet Mecanique" (1923) with a score by George Antheil, and more.

10:45 p.m. "Unseen Cinema 2: The Mechanized Eye" (2011)--More short films, including one by Orson Welles. Check TCM's article for more about this film.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
37 minutes ago, Bogie56 said:

Monday, November 6

1:30 p.m.  The Falcon and the Co-Eds (1944).  The Falcon surrounded by babes!

If you like the Falcon movies, this is one of the better ones.  If you haven't seen them, this would be a good place to start.  There is a DVD set available of all the Falcon movies.

• Thanks 1