Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bogie56

HITS & MISSES: Yesterday, Today & Tomorrow on TCM

Friday, March 8/9

rabid-1977-movie-still2.jpg

2 a.m.  Rabid (1977).  I wasn’t a fan of this David Cronenberg film but kudos to the programmer for the variety.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

Friday, March 8/9

rabid-1977-movie-still2.jpg

2 a.m.  Rabid (1977).  I wasn’t a fan of this David Cronenberg film but kudos to the programmer for the variety.

If the choice was between this and GIGI tho, I will gladly watch this. 

Twice.

#notShuttingUpAboutOscarMonthBeingDoneYet

• Haha 3

I own Rabid on Blu-ray. It ain't no They Came from Within, but it's a mite bit better than, say, Hollywood Chainsaw Hookers or Rabid Grannies.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, LawrenceA said:

I own Rabid on Blu-ray. It ain't no They Came from Within, but it's a mite bit better than, say, Hollywood Chainsaw Hookers or Rabid Grannies.

How do you store all the DVD's & Blu-Rays that you must have?  This is a problem I am approaching.  Of course, I could just throw the really bad ones I will never watch again away.  However, I do tend to keep the cases they come in as I frequently drop one and break the case.  Also, the danged little thingies in center that are supposed to hold the disc are very fragile.

18 minutes ago, TheCid said:

How do you store all the DVD's & Blu-Rays that you must have?  This is a problem I am approaching.  Of course, I could just throw the really bad ones I will never watch again away.  However, I do tend to keep the cases they come in as I frequently drop one and break the case.  Also, the danged little thingies in center that are supposed to hold the disc are very fragile.

They're all on bookshelves, in alphabetical order. The TV series sets are kept separate from the films. I've filled up most of my viewing room with shelves of movies, so I may have to start putting them in another room, as well. Or get rid of some. :( 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gershwin fan said:

That site seems awfully, uh.... "Netanyahu-ish" :unsure: 

LOL.

Saturday, March 9

hqdefault.jpg

10 a.m.  Popeye: The Spinach Roadster (1936).  Thank goodness the Oscar month is over.

• Like 1

8:30 Saturday morning- RANDY RIDES AGAIN (1935)

JOHN WAYNE pre STAGECOACH as a dubbed singing cowboy. Maltin gives it a star and a half. 

Looks potentially delicious.

16 hours ago, LawrenceA said:

They're all on bookshelves, in alphabetical order. The TV series sets are kept separate from the films. I've filled up most of my viewing room with shelves of movies, so I may have to start putting them in another room, as well. Or get rid of some. :( 

When I lived in Los Angeles I visited the home of a voice actor/screen writer/director, someone with a pretty fair amount of success (And an incredibly nice guy too)

He lived in a craftsman house out in the valley somewhere, and the dining room had recessed shelves all around it that were obviously meant to serve for storing dishes and China and such.

He used it for storing his 2000+  DVD library in perfect alphabetical, apple pie order.

i respected the **** out of that guy.

If he had called me at four in the morning and asked for my help burying a body, I would’ve just asked for directions and been on my way

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LornaHansonForbes said:

8:30 Saturday morning- RANDY RIDES AGAIN (1935)

JOHN WAYNE pre STAGECOACH as a dubbed singing cowboy. Maltin gives it a star and a half. 

Looks potentially delicious.

I'm not getting up for it!

• Haha 2

Sunday, March 10/11

704full-the-school-for-postmen----------

5:30 a.m.  The School For Postmen (1947).  Jacques Tati’s short film warm up for Jour de Fete (1949).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

March 9

1:15pm (EST) They Died With Their Boots On

Historical distortions aside, Hollywood's first and most famous Custer epic remains a sweeping western that still works well, blessed with a splendid musical score by Max Steiner. In their last film together Errol Flynn and Olivia de Havilland were never better as a romantic screen team, with their final poignant scene together a small masterpiece of suppressed emotion. This was the first of director Raoul Walsh's seven films with Flynn, and it remains one of their best.

11fcf2058887109da1a8a29aef38131e.jpg

• Like 3

Monday, March 11

s,725-e2dbe3.jpg

6 a.m.  La Bete Humaine (1938).  Jean Renoir film with Jean Gabin and Simone Simon.  This has been remade a few times.

• Like 3

On 3/7/2019 at 10:58 PM, Bogie56 said:

10 a.m.  Popeye: The Spinach Roadster (1936).  Thank goodness the Oscar month is over.

That would be 7 AM out here in the West. I did catch this on Watch TCM and it was fantastic.

• Like 1

On 3/4/2019 at 5:48 PM, mr6666 said:

Annette Bochenek @Home2Hollywood 6h6 hours ago

The King of Jazz (1930 film) is on Turner Classic Movies: TCM tonight!

Better yet, it's John Boles night on their end, too!

Gear up for some gorgeous two-strip Technicolor, young Bing Crosby, fun comedy, Paul Whiteman tunes, and so much more! 7pm CST--tonight!! ❤️

D01CFS7WoAAk-fF.jpg
D01CFS5X0AEALnF.jpg
D01CFS7XQAAyzpt.png
D01CFTFXgAER2Km.jpg

I couldn't sit through this one.  The technicolor made me feel like I was watching a floor show at an old Miami hotel.

• Haha 3

Tuesday, March 12

Sky-Murder-1940-3.jpg

6 a.m.  Sky Murder (1940).  Walter Pidgeon as Detective Nick Carter.

• Thanks 1

Wednesday, March 13

bd59c356e373c8c7b70723c848ff2487.jpg

9:45 p.m.  Hawaii (1966).  Max von Sydow and Julie Andrews are good in this one.  Max should have been awarded a Lifetime Oscar by now.

• Like 4

Yep. They dont like to give Honorary Oscars to foreign performers. Just directors.

Bogie, here's another vote for an honorary Oscar to Max von Sydow. He's been in numerous American-made films, like Three Days of the Condor, which is a big favorite of Ben M.

Thursday, March 14

MV5BYTZlZGIyYjgtYjlhMC00NTIyLWE2NTktZmZm

7:15 a.m.  Down to Their Last Yacht (1934).  Great title and premise but Leonard Maltin warns that it runs out of steam.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Hibi said:

Who's in it?

LEONARD MALTIN REVIEW:    

😧 Paul Sloane. Mary Boland, Ned Sparks, Polly Moran, Sidney Blackmer, Sidney Fox, Sterling Holloway. Depression-era comedy involving people of the Social Register who are replaced by people of the Cash Register, and a crew of ex-socialites who play host to a group of nouveau riche passengers on an ocean voyage. Initially clever, but quickly becomes heavy-handed and tiresome, with bizarre musical interludes. A dud.

• Thanks 1