Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

HITS & MISSES: Yesterday, Today & Tomorrow on TCM

47 minutes ago, nakano said:

I'am not a happy camper,i was looking for this,they also put on Christmas in Connecticut at 10.15

If you get the Sundance cable channel, Christmas in Connecticut (1945) is scheduled for December 20 at 11:30 am ET.  And oh boy it's immediately followed by Christmas in Connecticut (1992) at 2 pm ET.  (Hope you don't mind the commercials.)

Wednesday, December 11/12

blackstallion-02.jpg

12:15 a.m.  The Black Stallion (1979).  Well there you go.  Almost a double bill with National Velvet (1944) which is on at 4:15 a.m.  Just reverse the order.  But National Velvet is replaced in Canada with Zebra In the Kitchen (1965) with Jay North, Martin Milner and Andy Devine.

I'm thinking this must be the OFFICIAL 80TH ANNIVERSARY of the release of GONE WITH THE WIND, a film that, for all my aggressive LEFTIST VIEWS, I still admire and- yeah, I admit it- love, even though I know it has its faults.

Laurent-Durieux-Gone-With-The-Wind-Movie

It's airing at 8:00 tonight and encoring on Saturday and there is a 1988 DOCUMENTARY about it on ca. 12:00 am that I cannot recall whether or not I have seen it, but it might be interesting.

• Like 2
On 12/6/2019 at 3:08 PM, mr6666 said:

TCM Turns Its Attention to Classic Television Again, Brilliantly -

"........Klain explained to me that Rosemary Harris was offered the DuPont Show of the Month role of the adult Cathy at the start, but passed on the opportunity because she already was in rehearsals for another live TV production, the George Schaefer-directed Dial M for Murder). Harris recommended Yvonne Furneaux for the role instead – but when Susskind became so disenchanted with Furneaux, he fired her, so late into production that the “Close-Up” description in that week’s TV Guide still credited her as the leading lady.

Instead, Susskind, according to Klain, went back to Harris, said she was responsible for his current dilemma, and insisted on her playing the part opposite Burton. She did so – even though, in some of the scenes, she kept her script just out of camera view to check on her lines.

Regardless of the behind-the-scenes drama, the on-the-screen drama is something to watch – and this is the first time since the Eisenhower administration to do so........

http://www.tvworthwatching.com/post/TCM-Turns-Its-Attention-to-Classic-Television-Again-Brilliantly.aspx

Found it a big disappointment. The story just isn't suited for tv soundstage treatment. The acting was good, but once again the whole second half of the novel was omitted. Didn't really care much for Rosemary Harris.

38 minutes ago, Hibi said:

Found it a big disappointment. The story just isn't suited for tv soundstage treatment. The acting was good, but once again the whole second half of the novel was omitted. Didn't really care much for Rosemary Harris.

Yeah, I also gave it a try, but it had that tinny, kinescope-type quality to the picture where everyone looked and sounded a little like the SHAKE N BAKE GIRL.

10 minutes ago, LornaHansonForbes said:

Yeah, I also gave it a try, but it had that tinny, kinescope-type quality to the picture where everyone looked and sounded a little like the SHAKE N BAKE GIRL.

LOL. I didn't realize it was a live performance. They did very well, considering....

On 12/13/2019 at 9:51 AM, LornaHansonForbes said:

I'm thinking this must be the OFFICIAL 80TH ANNIVERSARY of the release of GONE WITH THE WIND, a film that, for all my aggressive LEFTIST VIEWS, I still admire and- yeah, I admit it- love, even though I know it has its faults.

Laurent-Durieux-Gone-With-The-Wind-Movie

It's airing at 8:00 tonight and encoring on Saturday and there is a 1988 DOCUMENTARY about it on ca. 12:00 am that I cannot recall whether or not I have seen it, but it might be interesting.

I caught it on Saturday. I hadn't seen it in a long time and enjoyed it!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Hibi said:

I caught it on Saturday. I hadn't seen it in a long time and enjoyed it!

off-topic maybe. but I AM SO OFF MY GAME DURING THE HOLIDAYS- I have not been watching HARDLY ANY TCM! (You'd think it was OSCAR MONTH or something!) something about the holidays makes me not enjoy things i usually enjoy.

• Sad 1

I haven't been watching much either. I did watch Remember the Night last night. I'll be off 2 wks around the holidays, so I may watch more, depending what's on. STILL ticked those stupid Hallmark movies are preempting Murder, She Wrote! Wont be back until after New Years. :(

• Like 1

Wednesday, December 18

The next highlight of the month for me.  The too long buried  …

aaf3ccd5aefef12f9f65a6b6f91f6e12.jpg

6 a.m.  Monterey Pop (1969),  by D.A. Pennebaker with Jimi Hendrix, the Mamas and the Papas, Simon & Garfunkle, Jefferson Airplane, the Animals, Janis Joplin and the Who.   Oh, and Ravi Shankar too.

u-g-P97J3H0.jpg?w=550&h=550&p=0

4:15 a.m.  Flipper (1963).  I was in Florida when this came out and went to one of those waterworld shows that had dolphins.  The “trainer of Flipper” was introduced to the crowd.  After the show I went up to him and asked him for an autograph.  Judging by his reaction I was the very first person to ever do so.  We didn’t have anything so he signed the bottom of a brown paper bag for me.  Being a packrat I probably have it somewhere.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

Wednesday, December 18

6 a.m.  Monterey Pop (1969),  by D.A. Pennebaker with Jimi Hendrix, the Mamas and the Papas, Simon & Garfunkle, Jefferson Airplane, the Animals, Janis Joplin and the Who.   Oh, and Ravi Shankar too.

Too long buried?  Huhn...   so they "bury" it in a "crack of dawn" showing time.   I might get up to see it, or maybe not.  I'll keep ya posted.  ;)

Sepiatone

7 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

Wednesday, December 18

u-g-P97J3H0.jpg?w=550&h=550&p=0

4:15 a.m.  Flipper (1963).  I was in Florida when this came out and went to one of those waterworld shows that had dolphins.  The “trainer of Flipper” was introduced to the crowd.  After the show I went up to him and asked him for an autograph.  Judging by his reaction I was the very first person to ever do so.  We didn’t have anything so he signed the bottom of a brown paper bag for me.  Being a packrat I probably have it somewhere.

LOL! First time I'd heard of a paper bag being autographed!

• Haha 1
8 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

Wednesday, December 18

What amazing prices! I'd spring for the $6.50 tickets for sure.