Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

HITS & MISSES: Yesterday, Today & Tomorrow on TCM

4 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

Tuesday, March 3/4

12:15 a.m.   Say Amen, Somebody (1982).  I’ve been looking for this rarity for quite some time.

I’ve been informed that the time I listed may be incorrect.  They don’t show up on the schedule when in England.  I took my times from the announced schedule so please check.

There is an entire evening of this sort of film.

2 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

I’ve been informed that the time I listed may be incorrect.  They don’t show up on the schedule when in England.  I took my times from the announced schedule so please check.

There is an entire evening of this sort of film.

It's airing at 11:30pm PST.

2 hours ago, speedracer5 said:

It's airing at 11:30pm PST.

EAST COAST TOO.

TCM PRIMETIME - WHAT'S ON TONIGHT: AAFCA PRESENTS: THE BLACK EXPERIENCE ON FILM
8:00 PM
documentary

10:00 PM

documentary
Crisis (1963)

11:06 PM

short

1:30 AM

documentary

3:15 AM

I Am Somebody (1970)

3:50 AM

short

4:00 AM

• Like 1

TO BE FAIR, there is a pretty good 20TH CENTURY FOX DOUBLE HEADER TONIGHT with LAURA and THE GHOST AND MRS. MUIR, the latter being the only JOE MANKIEWICZ film with which I do not find fault (I've never seen FIVE FINGERS all the way through though)

15 minutes ago, LornaHansonForbes said:

TO BE FAIR, there is a pretty good 20TH CENTURY FOX DOUBLE HEADER TONIGHT with LAURA and THE GHOST AND MRS. MUIR, the latter being the only JOE MANKIEWICZ film with which I do not find fault (I've never seen FIVE FINGERS all the way through though)

Lol.

I'm trying to do all I can so that I'm ready to watch the Gene Tierney double feature.  It starts at 5pm for me. 

Typing on the message board isn't helping. Lol.

46 minutes ago, speedracer5 said:

Lol.

I'm trying to do all I can so that I'm ready to watch the Gene Tierney double feature.  It starts at 5pm for me. 

Typing on the message board isn't helping. Lol.

Have you seen either before? If you haven't, then you're really in for something.

7 minutes ago, LornaHansonForbes said:

Have you seen either before? If you haven't, then you're really in for something.

I've seen and own both of the movies featured.

I just like Gene Tierney... and the movies.

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, LornaHansonForbes said:

MRS MUIR and LAURA are FORTIES FOX at its FINEST.

These 3 aren't being shown but I'd add The Razor's Edge and Leave Her To Heaven to the list of Gene Tierney fine  Fox films and Benjamin Blake, Son of Fury. she was so incredibly beautiful and young in Son of Fury. Gorgeous actress and I remember  that RO said  on TCM that Gene Tierney was his favorite actress.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, lavenderblue19 said:

These 3 aren't being shown but I'd add The Razor's Edge and Leave Her To Heaven to the list of Gene Tierney fine  Fox films and Benjamin Blake, Son of Fury. she was so incredibly beautiful and young in Son of Fury. Gorgeous actress and I remember  that RO said  on TCM that Gene Tierney was his favorite actress.

I love her in Heaven Can Wait, even though she wears a hideous wig in the movie.  

I love Leave Her to Heaven.  It's probably my favorite of her films that I've seen. 

Wednesday, March 4

Yikes, Joe E. Brown is SOTM.  His films get a lot of play as it is.

Ginger-Rogers-as-Ruth-Weston-and-Joe-E.-

9:15 p.m.  The Tenderfoot (1932).  Brown with Ginger Rogers.

• Thanks 1

Thursday, March 5

24 hour Kirk Douglas tribute.

18780759169_d69d567d16_b.jpg

5:45 p.m.  Lust For Life (1956).  Not my favourite Kirk Douglas film but the one I feel he deserved to win an Oscar for his performance.  Of course, Yul Brynner was to win for The King and I (1956).

10 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

Thursday, March 5

24 hour Kirk Douglas tribute.

18780759169_d69d567d16_b.jpg

5:45 p.m.  Lust For Life (1956).  Not my favourite Kirk Douglas film but the one I feel he deserved to win an Oscar for his performance.  Of course, Yul Brynner was to win for The King and I (1956).

Actually I quite like this film as well as Kirk's performance in it.

Since John Wayne (whom I felt gave the best performance that year in THE SEARCHERS) wasn't nominated, it would have been nice if  Kirk had taken home the prize.

Would anyone really have been crying foul if Yul Brynner had never won an Oscar?

1 hour ago, LornaHansonForbes said:

prVVzTBArbJvO.gif

giphy.gif

anigif_enhanced-22259-1431369805-2.gif

IT'S OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SAFE FOR ANOTHER YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19 minutes ago, Hibi said:

IT'S OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SAFE FOR ANOTHER YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

although our old friends ICE STATION ZEBRA and GIGI will still be stopping by from time to time...

2 hours ago, LornaHansonForbes said:

although our old friends ICE STATION ZEBRA and GIGI will still be stopping by from time to time...

For sure! :(

I try not to be a paranoid or grandiose person in my delusions, but I SWEAR the Programmers DELIBERATELY PICK ICE STATION ZEBRA EVERY OSCAR MONTH JUST TO **** WITH ME, PERSONALLY.

IT'S BECOME MY ANTI-HOT SPELL.

3 minutes ago, LornaHansonForbes said:

I SAY someone go nuts and create a mashup ICE STATION GIGI.

LOL.

2 minutes ago, LornaHansonForbes said:

I try not to be a paranoid or grandiose person in my delusions, but I SWEAR the Programmers DELIBERATELY PICK ICE STATION ZEBRA EVERY OSCAR MONTH JUST TO **** WITH ME, PERSONALLY.

IT'S BECOME MY ANTI-HOT SPELL.

Yeah, it seems to have overtaken NBNW as TCM's go to movie.......

25 minutes ago, Hibi said:

Yeah, [ice station zebra] seems to have overtaken NBNW as TCM's go to movie.......

the ENTR'ACTE ****es me off more than anything else. I think it was a SELZNICK film, one of his last, yeah? That man thought EVERY MOVIE NEEDED A GD ENTR'ACTE.