Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bogie56

HITS & MISSES: Yesterday, Today & Tomorrow on TCM

Always thought it was a shame she and Finney never did another film together, because as you said, he was one of the very few leading men she was teamed with that was really closer to her own age.

Monday, June 29

Ray Harryhausen’s 100th Birthday.

w620-175e7e1a8766a9aeae511623812d1a5a.jp

8 p.m.  The 7th Voyage of Sinbad (1958).  With Torin Thatcher as the quintessential evil wizard.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

Monday, June 29

Ray Harryhausen’s 100th Birthday.

w620-175e7e1a8766a9aeae511623812d1a5a.jp

8 p.m.  The 7th Voyage of Sinbad (1958).  With Torin Thatcher as the quintessential evil wizard.

Interesting film. Need to see this again, it's been awhile since I saw it last.

Tuesday, June 30

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQV2i7Irg1LBqdCm3RTwzW

6 p.m.  Cape Fear (1962).  Another Robert Mitchum triumph.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

Tuesday, June 30

RcFLdkev6hAtlwHGPBI9NWh5Sgvd1wkiw8LWpGkX

6 p.m.  Cape Fear (1962).  Another Robert Mitchum triumph.

Mitchum definitely at his most terrifying best here.

• Like 1

I have no idea if it is any good, but "Shot in the Dark" (1941) is on today at 5:15PM and it hasn't been on TCM since 2003 according to MCOH's  database. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Wednesday, July 1

255px-Flag_of_Canada_(Pantone).svg.png

220px-Mary_Pickford_cph.3c17995u.jpg220px-Walter_Huston_-_1950.jpg220px-Deanna_Durbin_in_Yank_Magazine.jpg220px-Perry-Mason-Pidgeon-1963.jpg220px-Wray,_Fay_01.jpg220px-Raymond_Massey_1961_(cropped).JPG220px-Marie_Dressler_-_1930.jpg220px-JohnIreland.jpg

Still no Canada Day TCM?  What about featuring some of these people on July 1: Norman Jewison, Marie Dressler, Walter Pidgeon, Mary Pickford, Fay Wray, Walter Huston, John Candy, Glenn Ford, Deanna Durbin, Colleen Dewhurst, Lorne Green, John Ireland, William Shatner, Martin Short, James Cameron, Michael J. Fox, Keanu Reeves, Norma Shearer, Christopher Plummer, Matheson Lang, Donald Sutherland, Leslie Nielsen, Laura Linney, Chief Dan George, Graham Greene, Gary Farmer, David Cronenberg, Denis Villeneuve, Denys Arcand, Francis Mankiewicz, Joanna Shimkus, Hume Cronyn, Yvonne De Carlo, Brendan Fraser, Alexis Smith, Alexander Knox, Genevieve Bujold, Ryan Gosling, Barry Pepper, Catherine O'Hara, Jim Carrey, Mike Myers, Seth Rogen, Jay Baruchel, Ellen Page, Anna Paquin, Bruce Greenwood, Raymond Massey, Ivan Reitman, Rody Piper, Kate Nelligan and Raymond Burr.

• Like 3

Wednesday, July 1

Happy Birthday, Olivia de Havilland who turns 104!  She shares a birthday with Canada.

olivia-de-havilland-ian-hunter-bonita-gr

6:30 a.m.  Call It a Day (1937).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Bogie56 said:

Wednesday, July 1

Happy Birthday, Olivia de Havilland who turns 104!  She shares a birthday with Canada.

Wow, 104, and to think she's still alive and kicking!

She's the last living legend from the Golden Age studio era who is still among us.

23 hours ago, LsDoorMat said:

I have no idea if it is any good, but "Shot in the Dark" (1941) is on today at 5:15PM and it hasn't been on TCM since 2003 according to MCOH's  database. 

I watched it and the other movies yesterday (recorded them).  A Shot in the Dark (1941) is not bad, not great either.  But entertaining little movie.  Apparently a remake of Torchy Blaine's Smart Blonde per Wiki.

3 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

Wednesday, July 1

Wow. One of the few people on the planet to be alive in both the 1918 pandemic and Covid. 

For the final Ann Sheridan night, City for Conquest and Silver River are both worth visiting or re-visiting. I'll try to check out one or two of the others that I haven't seen. 

Thursday, July 2

d94a1faf89f0a68a1afc771aacc64f09.jpg

2:45 p.m.  Girl With Green Eyes (1964).  With Peter Finch, Rita Tushingham and Lynn Redgrave.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

Thursday, July 2

d94a1faf89f0a68a1afc771aacc64f09.jpg

2:45 p.m.  Girl With Green Eyes (1964).  With Peter Finch, Rita Tushingham and Lynn Redgrave.

Do not believe I've seen this one. Have to watch it.

40 minutes ago, mr6666 said:

Davis in one of my fav EVIL BETTE roles

(along w/"Little Foxes")...... :)

Yes, she was deliciously nasty in this one.

Bette had a talent of playing the most deliciously vicious women ever put on screen.

• Like 1

Friday, July 3

MV5BNWEwNzJmOWUtOWYyMy00OWEyLTgwMzYtMjJm

12:15 a.m.  Stagecoach (1939).  It says it is on in Canada.  It has been replaced here a few times in the past.

On 6/30/2020 at 6:57 AM, Bethluvsfilms said:

Wow, 104, and to think she's still alive and kicking!

She's the last living legend from the Golden Age studio era who is still among us.

She's not the only one though, although she's probably the most high-profile Golden Age Centenarian left.  Don't forget about Marsha Hunt (102--next birthday is October 17th), whose first screen credit came in 1935.  Her last one was in a TV movie in 2008, according to IMDB.  Norman Loyd is presently 105 (next birthday is November 8th) and spent much of the 60's and 70's as a producer and associate producer.  His last screen credit was in 2015, and he was in an episode of 'Modern Family' in 2010.  His first big screen role came in 1939.

• Like 2

Saturday, July 4

284?cb=20131230210526

10 a.m.  Popeye: The Mighty Navy (1941).

Capture55-e1482431666704.png?resize=620,

11:30 a.m.  Star In the Night (1945).  A western nativity short subject directed by Don Siegel.

1 hour ago, sagebrush said:

Friday 7-3/ Saturday 7-4 on Underground:

Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2, The (1986)

between 83 to the end Dennis Hopper wanted to be the american Michael Caine i.e. 5-6 movies a year....I have seen this movie first run because of the 12 years delay for the sequel and Tobe Hopper who made the first,it should have been a miss the first time,please include me out!!

hopper.jpg

• Haha 1