Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

HITS & MISSES: Yesterday, Today & Tomorrow on TCM

Friday, October 16

26930.large.jpg?1415933185

6:15 a.m.  Trances (1981).  Documentary featuring Moroccon music.  Looks interesting.  Maybe another Buena Vista Social Club?

Saturday, October 17

a405abbf30087316236a4933a5414fc4.jpg

10 a.m.  Popeye: A Hull of a Mess (1942).

returntoglennascaul1953.808860.jpg

5:30 a.m.  Return to Glennescaul (1953).  Short subject with Orson Welles.

On 10/14/2020 at 6:42 AM, Bogie56 said:

Thursday, October 15

MV5BYmQ1YzRjNTgtM2RkZS00NjQxLWJlNjUtMDkw

8 p.m.  Tunes of Glory (1960).  Tremendous performances from the entire cast in this one.

Until yesterday, I had spent the previous 30 days watching about 8 hours per day of Netflix online with a "Get 30 days free," deal.  

Then last night I kicked back in the recliner to watch a "real" movie and I was just blown away at how awesome that was.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sunday, October 18/19

cane-river-movie-review-2020.jpg

8 p.m.  Cane River (1982).  A Creole love story.  One of the many TBA films when the schedule was announced.

exitsmiletwo.jpg

midnight.  Exit Smiling (1926).  With Beatrice Lillie and Jack Pickford.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

starting at 1:45 am, some **** about Vampires-

MV5BM2I1YWE2MDYtNzE4YS00N2NlLTgzNjgtNWE4

THE FEARLESS VAMPIRE KILLERS or PARDON ME YOUR TEETH ETC (1967?). followed by HOUSE OF DARK SHADOWS (1971?)

I like HOUSE OF DARK SHADOWS  quite a bit, it features the LYNDHURST ESTATE prominently and is a lot of fun.

Get mad if you want to, but I HATE THE FEARLESS VAMPIRE KILLERS and always have. It is one of THE most overrated films of the 20th century and I think it SUCKS on TOAST.

1 hour ago, LornaHansonForbes said:

starting at 1:45 am, some **** about Vampires-

MV5BM2I1YWE2MDYtNzE4YS00N2NlLTgzNjgtNWE4

THE FEARLESS VAMPIRE KILLERS or PARDON ME YOUR TEETH ETC (1967?). followed by HOUSE OF DARK SHADOWS (1971?)

I like HOUSE OF DARK SHADOWS  quite a bit, it features the LYNDHURST ESTATE prominently and is a lot of fun.

Get mad if you want to, but I HATE THE FEARLESS VAMPIRE KILLERS and always have. It is one of THE most overrated films of the 20th century and I think it SUCKS on TOAST.

I also like House of Dark Shadows I've been watching the original series on TUBI, reliving my adolescence. It's interesting how much I correctly recall, and also how much I falsely recall.

As for The Fearless Vampire Killers, I think I only made it through the first fifteen minutes or so several years ago, and got bored really fast.

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, scsu1975 said:

As for The Fearless Vampire Killers, I think I only made it through the first fifteen minutes or so several years ago, and got bored really fast.

The film moves at a GLACIAL PACE.

And then in the last 15 minutes or so, things happen, but by then, my patience is out. I literally have only seen the last 15 minutes because I caught the ending on TCM one day by chance. Could never make it "the old fashioned" way

Wednesday, October 21

MV5BYWFiYWQzZDQtZjc1NS00ZDNmLTliMzYtMTU5

6:30 a.m.  Araya (1959).  Life working at a Venezuelan salt mine.  Good job we have movies to experience these things.  I bought this on Amazon earlier this year.

• Thanks 1

My best friend's Dad worked at International Salt located in Detroit.  We visited him on the job site several times over the years.  I think I'll pass this one up.

Growing up, we would often feel the ground vibrate, even in suburban Lincoln Park, when there was blasting down in the mine. Located in Southwest Detroit, the mine spread out for 1,500 underground acres.  And is located three short miles over the northern border of Lincoln Park, next to the Marathon refinery.  ;)    Yep,  with that in detroit, U.S. Gypsum in River Rouge, Great Lakes Steel in Ecorse and the Wyandotte chemical plant to my city's East, it's easy to gather how important the clean air act was to the residents here.  ;)

Sepiatone

Friday, October 23

0022d029.png

4:15 p.m.  Assignment to Kill (1968).  Private detective mystery with Patrick O’Neal, Joan Hackett and John Gielgud.

So, no mention of Wednesday's  THE BEAST OF THE CITY('32) eh?

Wondering why Eddie chose not to briefly mention a young MICKEY ROONEY'S uncredited  appearance as WALTER HUSTON'S son?  

Maybe his "Dollar General" straw fedora was too tight.  ;) 

Sepiatone

Saturday, October 24

11.jpg

10 a.m.  Popeye: Cartoons Ain’t Human (1943).

resized_272427-flashback-0323_74-24417_t

5:45 p.m.  Citizen Kane (1941).  A film I could watch every year.

• Like 1

Me too.  And just a few days ago(while rooting around for something else) I ran across my old VHS of KANE, and watched it Wed. night.  And I'll likely tune in tomorrow too.  ;) 

Sepiatone

• Like 1

Friday 10-23/ Saturday 10-24 on Underground:

Ninja III--The Domination (1984)-   https://www.tcm.com/tcmdb/title/85063/ninja-iii-the-domination#overview

Heavenly Bodies (1985)-  https://www.tcm.com/tcmdb/title/1010/heavenly-bodies#overview

I'm kind of disappointed that there are no Blackula films on Underground this October. 😕

• Sad 1

Sunday, October 25

gunmanswalk58_habitisastrongthing_fc_470

10 p.m.  Gunman’s Walk (1958).  Van Heflin film with sons Tab Hunter and James Darren.  Okay, who was the real father?

• Haha 2

Monday, October 26/27

Peter Cushing SOTM

vlcsnap-2019-01-18-11h08m46s116.jpg

3:15 a.m.  The Satanic Rites of Dracula (1973).  Probably a lesser one in the series but I haven’t seen it.

• Thanks 1