Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

HITS & MISSES: Yesterday, Today & Tomorrow on TCM

2 minutes ago, kingrat said:

When Precious was first released, it was called Precious: Based on the Novel "Push" by Sapphire, so that some of us had a running joke about movies like:

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 2: Based on the Novel "Push" by Sapphire.

It shows up with the full title on YouTube TV's listing.  Not that it matters, because the film isn't cleared for streaming...

Thursday, May 20

Peter-Sellers-Indian-character-The-Party

“Excuse me sir, but does that include television?”

6:15 p.m.  The Party (1968).  Decidedly un-PC, but funny Peter Sellers film.   I love the touch with the modern watch (above).

• Like 4

Sunday, May 23

frankenstein-movie-1931.jpg?w=1000

8 p.m.  Frankenstein (1931).  I couldn’t get enough of these Universal horror pictures when I was a kid.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

And Sunday we'll see the COMPLETE movie, not the one I'd see on Saturday matinees on TV with certain scenes deleted.   I never saw the unedited  movie until I was in my 30's.   :rolleyes:  And had to travel 40 miles to the U-M campus to do so.

Sepiatone

On 5/21/2021 at 1:26 AM, Bogie56 said:

Saturday, May 22

point-blank-1967-1200-1200-675-675-crop-

4:30 p.m.  Point Blank (1967).  With Lee Marvin and Angie Dickinson.

The Mel Gibson's noir rework of Point BlankPayback is good

Monday, May 24

chaplin-modern-times-libertad-13dk0f5.pn

1:15 p.m.  Modern Times (1936).  I saw this again not long ago and loved every minute of it.

• Like 2

Thursday, May 27

stage-struck.jpg?w=584

9:45 a.m.  Stage Struck (1958).  Sidney Lumet film with Susan Strasberg, Henry Fonda, Christopher Plummer and Joan Greenwood.  One imdb reviewer described it as ‘like watching a train wreck.’  Has me curious.

• Haha 1

THIS might be fun.......... :)

FRI., 5-28

(times ET)

2:00
am
High Hopes Profile Image

"..........Upon its release, the film was well received. On critical aggregator Rotten Tomatoes, the film holds a score of 100 percent, based on ten reviews.[7] The New York Times designated it as a "critic's pick" and commended it for being "enjoyably whimsical without ever losing its cutting edge".[5] Roger Ebert awarded the film four out of four stars and concluded that it was "an alive and challenging film, one that throws our own assumptions and evasions back at us"......

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Saturday, May 29/30

maraudeurs.jpeg

3:15 a.m.  Merrill’s Marauders (1962).  I haven’t seen this since I was a kid.  I liked it back then.  I’ve since read about the true story which is quite incredible so I’m curious to see the film agin.

• Like 1

Monday, May 31

MV5BMjM4YTU2YTctMDlmOC00NTkwLWIzNTUtMmQ2

6:30 p.m.  The Red Badge of Courage (1951).  Civil War film with Audie Murphy playing against type.  I liked Royal Dano in this one.

• Like 1

Wednesday, June 2

c48ab59a742906db7809744f325d0500.jpg

8:15 a.m.  Creature from the Haunted Sea (1961).  Courtesy of Roger Corman.  Scary.

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

Wednesday, June 2

c48ab59a742906db7809744f325d0500.jpg

8:15 a.m.  Creature from the Haunted Sea (1961).  Courtesy of Roger Corman.  Scary.

Looks like they pulled this thing from the bin behind Jim Henson's studio...

• Haha 3
10 hours ago, txfilmfan said:

Looks like they pulled this thing from the bin behind Jim Henson's studio...

Yeah, I definitely get some Sesame Street vibes from that last picture:

giphy.gif

Although it also unavoidably reminds me of Mr. Hankey from South Park:

south-park-season-1-mr-hankey.jpg

• Haha 1

Thursday, June 3

Deadly Domiciles.  The entire day is full of films that I have not caught on TCM before.  starting with …

beforedawn1933.1316.jpg

6 a.m.  Before Dawn (1933).  With Stuart Erwin and Warner Oland.

• Like 1

A rather heart-stopping photo of Kate Winslet.  She has that rare ability to seem like an ordinary, approachable person and yet strikingly beautiful at the same time.

• Like 1