Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

HITS & MISSES: Yesterday, Today & Tomorrow on TCM

Sunday, June 6/7

lisztomania16.jpg

4 a.m.  Lisztomania (1976).  Ken Russell film with Roger Daltrey ad Ringo Starr.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Monday, June 7

Dean Martin’s birthday

ricc81o-bravo_dean_martin.jpg

5:30 p.m.  Rio Bravo (1959).  Dino is pretty good in this one.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

Monday, June 7

Dean Martin’s birthday

ricc81o-bravo_dean_martin.jpg

5:30 p.m.  Rio Bravo (1959).  Dino is pretty good in this one.

I think Dean Martin is very good in this one.  The whole cast is pretty good, except for Ricky Nelson.  IMO, he can neither sing nor act.

• Haha 2

Dean Martin is featured on Monday, June 7.  At 6 AM ET, it is The Silencers with Martin as Matt Helm.  Not a bad movie if looking for a spy spoof and the best of the four Helm movies that Martin did.  For me, the best is no Sinatra nor other Rat Pack members.

Over the past year I have read all of Donald Hamilton's Matt Helm series and they are fairly good.  Far more serious than the Dean Martin character and the Helm movies.  Far, far fewer women as well.

Tuesday, June 8

two-weeks-550.jpg

8 p.m.  Two Weeks In Another Town (1962).  With Kirk Douglas, Cid Charisse and Edward G. Robinson.

Wednesday, June 9

ArsenicandOldLace1944_577_1201x784_06082

8 p.m.  Arsenic and Old Lace (1944).  Not the Melbourne method!  I watched this again on Christmas day.  Still a hoot.

On 6/3/2021 at 9:14 PM, scsu1975 said:

No, miss it. It stinks.

I agree! LOL. I've only watched half of it so far, but I doubt it will get better. The lead actress is so terrible.... Even for AIP it's beyond cheap. (Diary of a High School Bride)

2 hours ago, NipkowDisc said:

isn't this colorized?

:D

two-weeks-550.jpg

No. Two Weeks in Another Town is a color film. The cast overacts in vivid color.

• Haha 4

Untamedyouth.jpg

Tonight at 12:45AM. Be there or record it!

MAMIE and her sister are set up and sent to a Prison Work Farm by 2 redneck cops., run by a corrupt warden. Hijinks ensue. MAMIE's assets are on full display. Very Entertaining B movie! A guilty pleasure of mine.

Got a kick out of RIOT IN JUVENILE PRISON last night.  The only other SCOTT MARLOWE flick I've seen was THE COOL AND THE CRAZY ('58) in which Marlowe plays the new guy in town that gets the local gang "hooked" on marijuana.  :D  What a laugh riot that flick is.  Wish TCM would have showed hat one too.  ;) 

Sepiatone

• Like 1

Tuesday, June 15

MV5BNjRjNDI5NTMtZjk1My00NzIwLWI5NTUtMDE0

10 a.m.  The Cockeyed Miracle (1946).  With Frank Morgan, Gladys Cooper and Cecil Kellaway.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wednesday, June 16

Streetcar+Named+Desire+3.jpg?format=1500

8 p.m.  A Streetcar Named Desire (1951).  Stanley Kowalski … a lead or supporting role?

3 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

Wednesday, June 16

Streetcar+Named+Desire+3.jpg?format=1500

8 p.m.  A Streetcar Named Desire (1951).  Stanley Kowalski … a lead or supporting role?

I’m seeing this movie tomorrow night at the Paramount Theater in Austin, TX tomorrow. They just happen to be holding a Classic Film Summer Festival while I’m here for work. I saw “To Catch a Thief” there on Sunday. 

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, speedracer5 said:

I’m seeing this movie tomorrow night at the Paramount Theater in Austin, TX tomorrow. They just happen to be holding a Classic Film Summer Festival while I’m here for work. I saw “To Catch a Thief” there on Sunday. 

The first time I saw this film was at a Revue Cinema.  Let me know what you think about Stanley's part being a supporting one.  I thought it was but of course Brando being a marquee name went into the lead category.

• Thanks 1
53 minutes ago, Bogie56 said:

The first time I saw this film was at a Revue Cinema.  Let me know what you think about Stanley's part being a supporting one.  I thought it was but of course Brando being a marquee name went into the lead category.

I've seen this film before, but it's been awhile.  I will let you know my thoughts re: Stanley.  It was between this film or On the Waterfront which is showing on Thursday (my last night in Austin).  I've seen 'Waterfront' before in the theater, so I opted for A Streetcar Named Desire instead.  Last week, they were having an entire Hitchcock week (North by Northwest, Psycho, Notorious, To Catch a Thief, Strangers on a Train).  I went with To Catch a Thief because it was the only one of the films I hadn't seen in the theater before and it was on a weekend. 

On 6/9/2021 at 4:00 AM, Bogie56 said:

Thursday, June 10/11

MV5BYzQ5ZjNkMjEtNmQxOC00NTUxLTkwODctZDkx

4:15 a.m.  The Shadow on the Window (1957).  Juvenile delinquent pix.

This one stunk also.