Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

HITS & MISSES: Yesterday, Today & Tomorrow on TCM

Coming up Thursday 30th September

5am PDT

I See a Dark Stranger ('46) Deborah Kerr ❤️ is lovely to look at as she appears as a sweet young thing. It won't be long before she turns into a sophisticated, mature, and elegant woman. Not in this one, but later on as we know.

If you haven't seen this yet, you must. You simply must.

🌷

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
On 9/28/2021 at 5:41 AM, Bogie56 said:

Wednesday, September 29

Odd to comprise the entire day of silent films.  I’m not complaining.

MV5BYmQ5OTYyYjctMmY4Ny00OGE0LWIxNjktNWMw

11:15  p.m.  The Great Buster: A Celebration (2018).  Documentary by Peter Bogdanovich.

https://www.nationalsilentmovieday.org/

The inaugural National Silent Film Day. Events include the dedication of the Chaplin-Keaton-Lloyd Alley (https://silentlocations.com/chaplin-keaton-lloyd-alley/).

• Like 1

I deleted my Now Playing Guide.  So, what days are Horror Days on TCM in October?  Isn't October supposed to be Horror Month?

I searched the various days on the TCM Schedule site and cannot find ones that are specifically horror.

Thanks,

1 hour ago, Bogie56 said:

Saturday, October 2

8ec3784bc451dbf6bbb489e4f08f5132.jpg

9:45 p.m.  The 100th Anniversary of Fleischer Animation: Parts One and Two (2021)

"Cartoon Carnival” and Fleischer Tribute on TCM Saturday Oct. 2nd

"The evening will divided into three sections: at 8pm/5pm – CARTOON CARNIVAL, a brand new documentary centered around the meticulous silent animation restoration work of our very own Tommy Jose Stathes (and featuring commentary from many of our favorite animation historians and Cartoon Research contributors). More information on this documentary below – but do not miss it!

That will be followed at 9:45pm/6:45pm by The 100th Anniversary of Fleischer Animation – Part 1: The Silent Era. Tommy Stathes curated this block – which contains the world premiere of several brand new Stathes restorations and rarities. .......

At 10:45pm/7:45pm, TCM will present the 100th Anniversary of Fleischer Animation – Part 2: The Sound Era curated by Tommy and Steve Stanchfield – and features several new Stanchfield/Stathes restorations – and from a curatorial point of view is a perfect selection of Fleischer animated mayhem. .........

see article:  https://cartoonresearch.com/index.php/cartoon-carnival-and-fleischer-tribute-on-tcm-saturday-oct-2nd/

• Thanks 1

Sunday, October 3/4

maxresdefault.jpg

12:30 a.m.  This Is Francis X. Bushman (2021).  New documentary.

Ben-Hur-Ramon-Novarro-Ben-Hur-A-Film-of-

1:30 a.m.  Ben-Hur (1925),  With Ramon Novarro and Bushman.

human+iii.JPG

4:00 a.m.  The Human Condition III (1961).

• Like 2

Monday, October 4

Boy, during the day it’s the same old horror movies year after year.  Instead I’ll go with ..

DGTW_hjVoAM1_tP.jpg

8 p.m.  Coal Miner’s Daughter (1980).  Sissy Spacek’s tour de force.

• Like 4
20 hours ago, ElCid said:

Monday, Oct. 4, is another horror movie day.  Some good ones, but the best is I Walked With A Zombie.  Tom Conway and Frances Dee do a great job in it.  

Love that movie as well, one of my favorites from Val Lewton. That guy knew how to make great 40's horror/suspense films.

• Like 1
On 10/3/2021 at 5:27 AM, Bogie56 said:

Monday, October 4

Boy, during the day it’s the same old horror movies year after year.  Instead I’ll go with ..

DGTW_hjVoAM1_tP.jpg

8 p.m.  Coal Miner’s Daughter (1980).  Sissy Spacek’s tour de force.

Great film, and great performance from Sissy Spacek. 

They couldn't have picked a better cinema Loretta Lynn.

Wednesday, October 6/7

MV5BMTc0ODA0MDU5NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODA5

8 p.m.  All About Eve (1950).  Fasten your seatbelts.

thenewyorker_nightmare-alley.jpg

2:30 a.m. Nightmare Alley (1947).   With Tyrone Power.  Guillermo del Toro is remaking this with Bradley Cooper.

• Like 4

Wednesday, October 6/7

MV5BMTc0ODA0MDU5NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODA5

8 p.m.  All About Eve (1950).  Fasten your seatbelts.

thenewyorker_nightmare-alley.jpg

2:30 a.m. Nightmare Alley (1947).   With Tyrone Power.  Guillermo del Toro is remaking this with Bradley Cooper.

So looking forward to ALL ABOUT EVE. 

Even though she wasn't the first choice for the role, I say that Bette Davis was born for the role of Margo Channing. And Anne Baxter is very convincing as the not-so-innocent Eve Harrington. And of course George Sanders shines as  cynical Addison de Witt.

I never get tired of this one.

Of course, I am looking forward to NIGHTMARE ALLEY as well.

• Like 3

Thursday, October 7/8

TCM Horror Month continues with a day full of June Allyson movies.

MV5BZTAwYTA5NmQtOTg3Yi00OTg2LTk4N2MtNmIx

1 a.m.  Bunker Bean (1936).  Lucille Ball SOTM

Are you saying June Allyson is a horror?😀

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

Thursday, October 7/8

TCM Horror Month continues with a day full of June Allyson movies.

MV5BZTAwYTA5NmQtOTg3Yi00OTg2LTk4N2MtNmIx

1 a.m.  Bunker Bean (1936).  Lucille Ball SOTM

Never saw this one. 

I actually don't have a problem with June Allyson. She may not be one of the greatest actresses out there, but she's not all that bad in the films I've seen her.

6 hours ago, Bethluvsfilms said:

Never saw this one. 

I actually don't have a problem with June Allyson. She may not be one of the greatest actresses out there, but she's not all that bad in the films I've seen her.

Is June Allyson even in Bunker Bean;  if she is the role is uncredited.      As for "not all that bad",  please note my avatar:  nothing is as bad as something that is not so bad (from the Scarlett Pimpernel).  

Allyson is my least favorite actress of her era.