• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

HITS & MISSES: Yesterday, Today & Tomorrow on TCM

2 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

Monday, November 22

Dean Stockwell Tribute

MV5BZTg5ZjRiNzMtMWEwNy00YzFiLWFmYWItOGIz

10:45 a.m.  The Mighty McGurk (1946).  Stockwell with Wallace Beery.

I wonder why Dean Stockwell didn't get a "TCM Remembers" tribute promo.

• Sad 1

Tuesday, November 23

MV5BMzI4OTU4YmUtYzZkYy00ZDUyLWI1OTktY2Zi

9:45 p.m.   Leadbelly (1976).  Roger E. Mosley is pretty darned good in this.    A decent looking print of this has been very hard to get.

NB: The entire evening of Gordon Parks’ films are worth recording.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, mr6666 said:

Plymouth Adventure - Gene Tierney

NO airing this year???????

:(

By my limited records, it had been shown on TCM every year in November since at least 2012, usually on the Saturday or Sunday prior to Thanksgiving.

Don't see it streaming anywhere either, but don't know if it has been on one of the other channels...

• Sad 1
On 11/24/2021 at 10:17 PM, cmovieviewer said:

By my limited records, it had been shown on TCM every year in November since at least 2012, usually on the Saturday or Sunday prior to Thanksgiving.

Don't see it streaming anywhere either, but don't know if it has been on one of the other channels...

No appearance by Plymouth Adventure this year. I noticed its absence too. 

• Sad 1
On 11/26/2021 at 4:18 AM, Bogie56 said:

Saturday, November 27/28

a7564fe05144936a4f1e52e930322632.jpg

2 a.m.  Lost In America (1985).  I wish Albert Brooks would make more films.

Wish Julie Haggerty made more films too. She's outstanding in everything I've ever seen her in.

• Like 3
7 hours ago, TikiSoo said:

Wish Julie Haggerty made more films too. She's outstanding in everything I've ever seen her in.

Albert Brooks actually made Lost In America; I.e.   he was the director and writer.

Haggerty never made a film. 

• Confused 1
1 hour ago, JamesJazGuitar said:

Albert Brooks actually made Lost In America; I.e.   he was the director and writer.

OK then, I wish Julie Haggerty was in more films, she is fabulous.

• Like 1
On 11/28/2021 at 7:30 AM, TikiSoo said:

23 hours ago, JamesJazGuitar said:

james,  I think you're being just a bit overly-literal.  Clearly TikiSoo meant she wished Julie Haggerty had acted in more movies.   And I agree with that,  Miss Haggerty was a charming actress, with great comic timing  and a likable demeanour. 

I know to mention Woody Allen is anathema to most posters on these boards,  but I'll just say that Julie Haggerty appeared in Allen's A Midsummer Night's Sex Comedy,  where she  played an ingenuous yet sexy nurse.  She was very sweet and funny in the role.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, misswonderly3 said:

james,  I think you're being just a bit overly-literal.  Clearly TikiSoo meant she wished Julie Haggerty had acted in more movies.   And I agree with that,  Miss Haggerty was a charming actress, with great comic timing  and a likable demeanour. 

I know to mention Woody Allen is anathema to most posters on these boards,  but I'll just say that Julie Haggerty appeared in Allen's A Midsummer Night's Sex Comedy,  where she  played an ingenuous yet sexy nurse.  She was very sweet and funny in the role.

The purpose of my post was to highlight Albert Brooks based on Bogie's post promoting Brooks and his film Lost in America.  Bogie used the term "made" and I assumed he did so with the understanding that Brooks was the director and writer.       

My intention wasn't to criticize another poster use of "made" or Haggerty.   

Thursday, December 2

Ingrid Bergman SOTM

image-w1280.jpg

8 a.m.  The Count of the Old Town (1934).  Young Ingrid Bergman is delightful in this and she sings too.

Intermezzo_Kizirian-750x400.jpg

12:45 p.m.  Intermezzo (1936).  The Swedish original with Gosta Ekman.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2