• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

HITS & MISSES: Yesterday, Today & Tomorrow on TCM

Bogie56

On 12/9/2021 at 5:35 AM, Bogie56 said:

Friday, December 10

camelot1967.24750.jpg

5 p.m.  Camelot (1967).  The musical that made Richard Harris quite rich when he took over from Richard Burton.

Never understood why Burton was not cast in this. Did he want too much money? Harris was too young for the role.

1 hour ago, Katie_G said:

Wed. 12/15  9:45am Pacific time

They_Drive_by_Night.JPG

Another misleading poster by giving the impression Bogart and Lupino have some type of relationship in the film.

Thus  I assume this poster was created after High Sierra was made and part of a double billing promo release of both films.      Their paring in High Sierra was getting some good press,  so why not exploit that angle.  

High Sierra - Internet Movie Firearms Database - Guns in Movies, TV and  Video Games

On 12/11/2021 at 7:04 AM, mr6666 said:

don't re call seeing THIS before............. :D

Another comment on the same garish short.

Saw this today, AGAIN!, and today I read through the end credits. This is a new 2021 restoration version. It contains this copyrighting text:

"This film is licensed solely for non-theatrical and home use. Any use for any other purposes, INCLUDING TELEVISION [EMPHASIS mine], is prohibited; and this license is automatically terminated upon violation."

I guess no one, not even so-called insiders, understand or even read these.

6 hours ago, Oneeyeopen said:

MISSES: During the Remembrance montage released today highlighting the talent we lost this year, they did not have any photos of the great Tommy Rall. I can't believe this.

Other than missing Tommy Rall, this was a great tribute by TCM.

Tommy Rall died on October 6th of 2020. He was included in last year's montage. 🙂

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

Monday, December 20/21

Silent-Partner-2.jpg

4 a.m.  The Silent Partner (1978).  Canadian caper picture with Elliott Gould, Susannah York and Christopher Plummer.

A long favorite of mine.  Lucky I have it both on tape and disc, as 4:00 am is a bit too early for me.  

Sepiatone

6 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

Monday, December 20/21

Silent-Partner-2.jpg

4 a.m.  The Silent Partner (1978).  Canadian caper picture with Elliott Gould, Susannah York and Christopher Plummer.

I recall having seen this many years ago.  Only time I have ever seen Susannah York in a semi-nude (breasts) scene.

On 12/18/2021 at 2:56 AM, Bogie56 said:

Sunday, December 19/20

mon_oncle_antoine_medium.jpg

2:15 a.m.  Mon Oncle Antoine (1971).  Critically acclaimed Quebecois film by Claude Jutra.  Replaced in Canada by Music for Millions (1944).

It seems sadly ironic that Mon Oncle Antoine, which Wikipedia calls "one of the more acclaimed works in Canadian film history" is not being shown in Canada.

A small consolation, but it does appear to be included on the Criterion Channel streaming service, which is available in Canada.  (I hope that the Criterion Channel does not have similar region restrictions.)