Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

HITS & MISSES: Yesterday, Today & Tomorrow on TCM

Bogie56

Monday, May2, 2AM, Pacific.

One of my faves of all time, certainly among the five favorite movies of my life.

La Nuit de Varennes, 1983, subititles. To bad in the middle of the night, or early morning in the East. A great movie. Jean-Louis Barrault, Marcel Mastrianni, Hannah Schygulla, Harvey Keitel, and more.  Well, if you have a way of recording this, I would recommend it.  Thanks

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

late SUN.,  5-8                                      Silent Sunday........

Von Stroheim's classic epic                          :)

12:30
am
Greed Profile Image

".....Stroheim said of Greed "..........I felt they had become weary of insipid pollyanna stories, with their doll-like heroines steeped in eternal virginity, and their hairless, flat-chested sterile heroes who were as lily-white as the heroines. I had graduated from the D. W. Griffith school of film-making and intended to go the Master one better as regards film realism. I knew that everything could be done with film, the only medium which could reproduce life as it really was."

The production and eventual mutilation of Greed is one of the more complicated episodes in Hollywood history.

WED., 5-18
8:00
pm (ET)
The True Adventures of Raoul Walsh Profile Image

"This is the first feature-length documentary on legendary director Raoul Walsh. In this 'memoir,' Walsh 'recounts' his career from the silent film era to the tumultuous 1960s. The documentary makes stunning use of rare, personal and production photos and footage, revealing Walsh's extraordinary, adventurous life on and off the set......
From his apprenticeship with D.W. Griffith to his discovery of John Wayne and Rock Hudson, from the innovative ‘The Thief of Bagdad’ (1924) to the widescreen ‘The Big Trail’ (1930), from his classic work with Cagney, Bogart and Flynn to his mastery of every genre (musicals, comedies, Westerns, gangster, war), Walsh made Hollywood history. His life is nothing less than the story of Hollywood itself. Here’s a full-bodied account of one of Hollywood’s greatest legends."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wednesday,  June 1, 12:30 a.m. ET

Island of Lost Women (1959)

Sci-fi features Jeff Richards and John Smith crashing on an island, then spending most of the film with no shirts on. Scientist Alan Napier has three hot-looking  daughters (that's the sci-fi part).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thursday, June 2

MV5BMjYzNDYzMmQtYzg5NC00Mjg5LTkxZTUtZGRh

6 a.m.  Bridal Suite (1939).  With Annabella, Mrs. Tyrone Power.  

doc1.jpg

2 a.m.  Doc (1971).  Gunfight at the O.K. Corral film.

Rob-Las-Vegas-2.jpg

3:45 a.m.  They Came to Rob Las Vegas (1969).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Sukhov said:

It’s the 1925 silent picture version not the more famous technicolor one.

Yikes!  Thanks for the correction.  I thought that one was a stinker.  I saw that at the BFI Southbank and was really disappointed.