Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

12 minutes ago, Vidor said:

So these are a day in advance?  Do you usually get the short films that they sometimes use as fillers between movies?

I try to post a day in advance so people can make sure they have certain titles set to record if they plan to record anything.

I am just providing screen shots of TCM's daily schedules (that are available on TCM's website), to keep a running record. If they do not include the shorts, then there is no record of that.

1 minute ago, TopBilled said:

I try to post a day in advance so people can make sure they have certain titles set to record if they plan to record anything.

I am just providing screen shots of TCM's daily schedules (that are available on TCM's website), to keep a running record. If they do not include the shorts, then there is no record of that.

All righty.  I look for the shorts during "31 Days of Oscar" but with this trash new programming guide I'm not confident they'll be shown.

On 3/31/2021 at 12:32 PM, TopBilled said:

Thursday April 1, 2021

Screen Shot 2021-03-30 at 10.43.07 AM

It was interesting to note that the actor - Philip Seymour Hoffman - who portrayed Lester Bangs in ALMOST FAMOUS would die when he was still (fairly) young as well. It also was interesting to note that two notable rock journalists, Bangs and the 2000 movie's auteur, Cameron Crowe, had both once written for an underground San Diego newspaper before becoming famous to varying degrees: San Diego, in my viewpoint, was a conservative and provincial naval city back in those days! (Although, yes, the Beatles sprang from a rough port town where you didn't go clubbing alone else risk getting "nutted by the guerrillas" as Nik Cohn so eloquently put it.)

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Vidor said:

The lack of short films is really bumming me out.

Well some short films were nominated and earned Oscars.