• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

TCM schedules

TopBilled

On 8/17/2021 at 10:25 AM, TopBilled said:

Wednesday August 18, 2021

Screen Shot 2021-08-16 at 7.08.09 PM

TCM took batting practice with the 1937 Babe Ruth short, "HOME RUN ON THE KEYS", prior to its screening of The NATURAL, and it reminded me of first getting a chance  to listen/view the larger-than-life Ruth when I watched THE PRIDE OF THE YANKEES as a kid.

th?id=OIP.TE2BkD6l0DprEd36irhqcQHaFj&pid=Api&P=0&w=216&h=163

• Like 1

On 8/17/2021 at 10:25 AM, TopBilled said:

Wednesday August 18, 2021

Screen Shot 2021-08-16 at 7.08.09 PM

The near cross-eyed/prominent nose combination of subjective beauty was celebrated on TCM yesterday: The Way We Were and JANET LEIGH on NORMA SHEARER were both screened.

48 minutes ago, NoShear said:

Re: "The near cross-eyed/prominent nose combination of subjective beauty was celebrated on TCM yesterday: The Way We Were and JANET LEIGH on NORMA SHEARER were both screened."

A board member found objection with my post here: I meant to celebrate the shared look of Norma Shearer and Barbra Streisand - not to demean!

2 hours ago, NoShear said:

TCM took batting practice with the 1937 Babe Ruth short, "HOME RUN ON THE KEYS", prior to its screening of The NATURAL, and it reminded me of first getting a chance  to listen/view the larger-than-life Ruth when I watched THE PRIDE OF THE YANKEES as a kid.

th?id=OIP.TE2BkD6l0DprEd36irhqcQHaFj&pid=Api&P=0&w=216&h=163

I haven't seen this short before. Looks interesting!

• Like 1