Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

On 10/12/2021 at 11:38 AM, TopBilled said:

Wednesday October 13, 2021

Screen Shot 2021-10-11 at 9.35.26 PM

You just knew early on Ricardo Montalban and George Murphy's characters were in quicksand after realizing THE TREASURE of the SIERRA MADRE's Alfonso Bedoya, whom co-presenter Luis Valdez offered as the Mexican Stepin Fetchit, and Jose Torvay were paired again in BORDER INCIDENT.

I don't agree with Luis Valdez's description of Katy Jurado's looks. Jurado, who according to Valdez came from privilege, was much more hacienda in facial features - rather than indigenous Mexican which would be more Aztecan.

• Thanks 1
On 10/14/2021 at 1:48 PM, TopBilled said:

Friday October 15, 2021

Screen Shot 2021-10-14 at 1.46.09 PM

As obvious is the plot, CARNIVAL of SOULS is a haunted pier whose location lies somewhere between Rod Serling's television take on "The Hitch-Hiker" and George Romero's near end-of-the-world dramatics.

image-w448.jpg?1525939589                              th?id=OIP.Xclv8MuISWvENoRLjVTWQQHaD4&pid=Api&P=0&w=348&h=183            

• Like 1

Programming Note:  Noir Alley will on at 1:30 AM ET Sunday morning rather than it's usual time of 12:00 Midnight.  Actually seems like misses the Midnight slot fairly often.

• Thanks 1

Wanted to see Tender Mercies tonight. TCM.com still ha it at 8, my cable company has it at 10:15. Any idea what could be going on there? I'll tune it at 8 just to be safe. 

Also is there any word on whether the upcoming Magnificent Ambersons showing in November is a new cut of the film as had been discussed before or the normal one?  It's showing in a high profile spot at like 6:15 so it had me wondering, that's one they stick on in the mornings or overnight hours a lot of the time. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, TheGrandMaster said:

Wanted to see Tender Mercies tonight. TCM.com still ha it at 8, my cable company has it at 10:15. Any idea what could be going on there? I'll tune it at 8 just to be safe. 

Also is there any word on whether the upcoming Magnificent Ambersons showing in November is a new cut of the film as had been discussed before or the normal one?  It's showing in a high profile spot at like 6:15 so it had me wondering, that's one they stick on in the mornings or overnight hours a lot of the time. 

No idea. How many extra minutes is the new cut? The one that usually airs is 88 minutes.