Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

On 11/28/2021 at 9:39 AM, TopBilled said:

Monday November 29, 2021

Screen Shot 2021-11-27 at 8.03.52 PM

I wonder if Bob Fosse was influenced by A CLOCKWORK ORANGE (1971).

th?id=OIP.w7H51aI7IYgn_SaKGIBI1gHaKj&pid=Api&P=0&w=300&h=300

I wonder if Bob Fosse actually thought that the Airotica scene in ALL THAT JAZZ was the best thing he'd ever conceived.

On 11/29/2021 at 8:44 AM, TopBilled said:

Tuesday November 30, 2021

I'm glad to see FATHER GOOSE back on the channel. It's been quite a while and such funny performances by everyone in it!

• Like 1

Hmmm. The Fred and Ginger movies not being shown are Carefree (considered a rather weak Fred and Ginger film), Top Hat (they just showed it), and Swing Time. (schedule says they just showed that one too).  But they are showing Roberta, and Fred and Ginger are barely in that one. 

41 minutes ago, LsDoorMat said:

Hmmm. The Fred and Ginger movies not being shown are Carefree (considered a rather weak Fred and Ginger film), Top Hat (they just showed it), and Swing Time. (schedule says they just showed that one too).  But they are showing Roberta, and Fred and Ginger are barely in that one. 

ROBERTA is a good film. Glad they're showing it.

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, TopBilled said:

Roberta is a lovely film, with a great score. For a project, I did some research once on the original Broadway production, which had an interesting cast: Tamara, Raymond Middleton, Bob Hope, Faye Templeton, Sydney Greenstreet, Lyda Roberti, George Murphy, Fred MacMurray. New Amsterdam Theatre, November 1933-July 1934.

A1PJyNU0iEL._AC_SY550_.jpg

• Like 2
11 hours ago, TopBilled said:

This is actually one of my favorite films in which  the Astaire/Rogers team appeared (even if they aren't the stars.) Fred choreographed many of the numbers independently, and I like the break in the normal plot line of Ginger resisting Fred. They play friends very well. Irene Dunne is lovely, although her natural charm seems suppressed in the film. You can't go wrong with the Kern score, too!  

• Like 1