Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

nipkowdisc's chow thread

I be firmly convinced that the next decade will be the nipkowdisc chow decade. instead of humanity lamenting on all it's petty problems, people instead will be thinkin' on me and how much I like my food. tonite for me it's some hamburgers and a large fry from burger king...

whatta ya all think? :D

2zsqxau.jpg

I be firmly convinced that the next decade will be the nipkowdisc chow decade. instead of humanity lamenting on all it's petty problems, people instead will be thinkin' on me and how much I like my food. tonite for me it's some hamburgers and a large fry from burger king...

whatta ya all think? :D

2zsqxau.jpg

I think you and Jethro have a lot in common.     But for some reason you think that is a good thing.  :lol:

I think you and Jethro have a lot in common.     But for some reason you think that is a good thing.  :lol:

grub update...
ate early today. didn't hafta have a TV dinner instead had burger king take-out. 3 hamburgers and 2 small fries and a coke. the other day had mcdonalds take-out. no comparison. mcdonalds sucks. they sold out to pc a long time ago back in the seventies. mcdonalds burgers are pathetic. the mustard/ketchup and little diced onions combination is the only reason they be tasty. their patties gives new meaning to the word meager and their fries are small, thin and waxy. burger king fries are more substantial and can be easily tenderized with just a few seconds in the microwave. mcdonalds be such long time sell-outs, they would probably shut down and go outta business if the political correctists asked them to. roy krok missed the crock. :lol:

grub update...
ate early today. didn't hafta have a TV dinner instead had burger king take-out. 3 hamburgers and 2 small fries and a coke. the other day had mcdonalds take-out. no comparison. mcdonalds sucks. they sold out to pc a long time ago back in the seventies. mcdonalds burgers are pathetic. the mustard/ketchup and little diced onions combination is the only reason they be tasty. their patties gives new meaning to the word meager and their fries are small, thin and waxy. burger king fries are more substantial and can be easily tenderized with just a few seconds in the microwave. mcdonalds be such long time sell-outs, they would probably shut down and go outta business if the political correctists asked them to. roy krok missed the crock. :lol:

I really feel sorry for you.    Instead of taking responsibility for your own actions (eating crap and getting no exercise) you blame others (the pc folks),  for your unhealthy lifestyle.

Sad.  Truly sad.

Interesting aside:

Back in "the day", when working at a local car wash, we'd go to the BURGER KING down the street and get a whopper( 59 cents in '70) then dodge traffic to dash across the street to get an order of MacDonald's fires, which were AND still better than BK's.

These days of course, I only eat that kind of stuff rarely.  BP issues and all.  ;)

Sepiatone

I really feel sorry for you.    Instead of taking responsibility for your own actions (eating crap and getting no exercise) you blame others (the pc folks),  for your unhealthy lifestyle.

Sad.  Truly sad.

I eat BK or mcdonalds food only very rarely. my only point is that BK is light years ahead of mcdonalds in food quality. BK hamburgers and fries are much better than mcdonalds. mcdonalds isn't all that bad but they're much too miserly with their meat. instead of hamburgers mcdonalds oughta call their product skimpburgers. skimp as in skimpy. :D

no, I be only a really humble guy completely unafraid of viewing myself or being viewed by others as comic relief. I be a light-hearted fellow. :)

Some years back( about the early '90's), I went through the drive-thru at a local BK and asked for a "JR. cheese whopper".  It took THREE TRIES toget the girl on the mic to understand it WAS a Jr.  Whopper with cheese!

I THEN asked for a SMALL COKE, and was told they no longer SOLD "small" drinks.  "We only have medium, large and extra large."  So, I THEN asked, "Is the medium the SMALLEST size drink you sell?"  And she said "Yes."  So then I said---"Well then, give me a SMALL COKE!" 

One time when my ex and I took our kids to a movie, I asked if I could have a small popcorn cup to put a little bit of popcorn in so my kids wouldn't fight over who holds the popcorn and was told I'd have to be charged for another popcorn.  I said I didn't WANT another popcorn, just a cup to put some in so the kids could share.  SHE said, "well, we figure out our popcorn revenue by counting the cups at the end of the night, so if the money doesn't match the "cup count", someone's gonna get it docked from their pay."

Well, I knew that, but I couldn't resist---I asked, "So what you're really saying is, that you're NOT charging me for the POPCORN, but more or less charging me for the CUP?"  and she grinned and said, "Kinda sounds like that, doesn't it."  So, then I offered, "So, if I bring in my OWN cup, you'll fill it with popcorn for FREE?"  She chuckled and told me "No, sorry."  So then I asked if there was ANYTHING to put some popcorn in that WON'T cost me?"  and she offered me one of those little carboard trays they use when moviegoers have too much to carry with two hands.

Cripes!  She coulda thought of that in the first place!

Sepiatone

• Like 1

Some years back( about the early '90's), I went through the drive-thru at a local BK and asked for a "JR. cheese whopper".  It took THREE TRIES toget the girl on the mic to understand it WAS a Jr.  Whopper with cheese!

I THEN asked for a SMALL COKE, and was told they no longer SOLD "small" drinks.  "We only have medium, large and extra large."  So, I THEN asked, "Is the medium the SMALLEST size drink you sell?"  And she said "Yes."  So then I said---"Well then, give me a SMALL COKE!" 

One time when my ex and I took our kids to a movie, I asked if I could have a small popcorn cup to put a little bit of popcorn in so my kids wouldn't fight over who holds the popcorn and was told I'd have to be charged for another popcorn.  I said I didn't WANT another popcorn, just a cup to put some in so the kids could share.  SHE said, "well, we figure out our popcorn revenue by counting the cups at the end of the night, so if the money doesn't match the "cup count", someone's gonna get it docked from their pay."

Well, I knew that, but I couldn't resist---I asked, "So what you're really saying is, that you're NOT charging me for the POPCORN, but more or less charging me for the CUP?"  and she grinned and said, "Kinda sounds like that, doesn't it."  So, then I offered, "So, if I bring in my OWN cup, you'll fill it with popcorn for FREE?"  She chuckled and told me "No, sorry."  So then I asked if there was ANYTHING to put some popcorn in that WON'T cost me?"  and she offered me one of those little carboard trays they use when moviegoers have too much to carry with two hands.

Cripes!  She coulda thought of that in the first place!

Sepiatone

just overlook the help and focus on the tasty grub. :)

When I was in high school - this was back when all McDonald's looked like the original - we used to wait 'till just before closing to drive in and get our food. We'd each order a burger, fries, and a Coke and the dudes (and dudettes) behind the counter would pull out a family size bag (or two) and fill them up with the remaining burgers and fries left in the warmers.. for the price of less than a dollar to each of us. Stuff would've been thrown out anyway. Manager ok'd it.

For some reason, we all had a bad case of the munchies back then..

• Like 1