Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tsarnaev sentenced to death

when? 2055? :lol:

capital punishment has very little meaning when in actuality all it really means is decades of free food, room and board and medical coverage for the perpetrator.

Tsarnaev is gonna have it better than a lot of homeless people do on the streets.

only a matter of times before he gets a smartphone to soften the unrelenting cruelty of his punishment by "humanitarians"...

and some people hafta wonder why the death penalty has no deterrent effect??? :huh:

I mean the way it is implemented...

how could it? :huh:

capital punishment has very little meaning when in actuality all it really means is decades of free food, room and board and medical coverage for the perpetrator.

Obviously, you've never spent any time in prison.

MrTiki is a C.O. and I have a fair idea of what goes on in there based on his daily stories. The food is packaged/processed mystery meat, canned vegetables, one piece of fruit. Believe me, no one here would even consider eating it. The medical coverage is Medicaid level and the "rooms" are small, dank & gross with toilet & sink exposed.

"Guests" use their own **** as weapons, **** on each other and dare I say, act like animals. It's no picnic in there. If MrTiki stops by my house after work to say hello, I cannot touch him-his uniform is covered in (at best) all sorts of bacteria.

Tsarnaev is gonna have it better than a lot of homeless people do on the streets.

People on the streets have the freedom to come & go as they please, fresh air and decent food from shelters. Preferable in every way.

only a matter of times before he gets a smartphone to soften the unrelenting cruelty of his punishment by "humanitarians"...

No phones allowed in prison!

I think every high school should take field trips to prison to show kids it's not the "gangsta glamor" they think it is. I toured the facility behind one way glass mirrors when he graduated, and it took me MONTHS to get over what I saw. I do not know how he can go there every day for his job, but he loves it. 

(I also think everyone should tour a landfill & sewage treatment plant at least once in their lives)

• Like 3

My next door neighbor works as a guard in a women's prison, and I've heard from him some VERY unnerving tales.

Regardless of MY feelings about the death penalty, if it's the law, then so be it.  That there isn't any mistake that he's the perp, I guess it may be OK, but stil.....

Considering who he is, and that in spite of them being in prison, the other inmates will know who he is and what he's done.  Sentencing him to life without parole and pushed into the general population would ALSO be considered a death sentence, so it's a "win-win".

I read something by a "lifer" once who claimed that, in words to the effect:  "It's one thing to kill some b!tch that screwed you over, or some other guy messin' up your life, or some guy doin' your woman or a Dad that treated you cruel or something like that.  But, to kill little kids, or a lot of people that did NOTHIN' to you, well, THAT don't fly!"

Sepiatone

My next door neighbor works as a guard in a women's prison, and I've heard from him some VERY unnerving tales.

Regardless of MY feelings about the death penalty, if it's the law, then so be it.  That there isn't any mistake that he's the perp, I guess it may be OK, but stil.....

Considering who he is, and that in spite of them being in prison, the other inmates will know who he is and what he's done.  Sentencing him to life without parole and pushed into the general population would ALSO be considered a death sentence, so it's a "win-win".

I read something by a "lifer" once who claimed that, in words to the effect:  "It's one thing to kill some b!tch that screwed you over, or some other guy messin' up your life, or some guy doin' your woman or a Dad that treated you cruel or something like that.  But, to kill little kids, or a lot of people that did NOTHIN' to you, well, THAT don't fly!"

Sepiatone

the tsarnaev bros. blew up alotta people they didn't even know and that other guy, holmes, who opened up at a batman movie for no particular reason, his youngest victim was a 6-year old girl. I must say I find that prison code kinda admirable. you hurt an innocent child and you're gonna get it. :)

I read Tiki's comment in the thread, and I do not agree with all of it. Conditions vary from prison to prison. 

The food has to contain some standard level of nutritional value, even if it is canned. And the physical health of the prisoners has to be maintained at all times, because there have been lawsuits where families have sued if an incarcerated relative's medical needs were not attended to...

One thing we have to keep in mind is that all prisoners still have fundamental human rights, protected under the U.S. Constitution. 

As for the phone situation-- many facilities allow prisoners to make calls on pay phones that are brought up to the door. They need to have money on a card (money the relative or friend on the outside has put on the card for them). They get so many minutes per day to make calls. Sometimes they are calling their attorneys about upcoming court dates if they are going through an appeals process. So the phones do have to be allowed for them to conduct this kind of legal business.

Also, in some facilities they have "stores"-- which operate like a catalogue type business. An inmate can ask someone on the outside to buy them things from the "store," where the buyer can go online or call a number and make purchases with a debit (probably like Pay Pal or some such service). Things that are sold in the prison "store" that inmates can request include items like shampoo, shaving cream, socks (because the prisons are kept at very cold temperatures), and even snacks. So if they get tired of the food that is served to them, they can eat other things like jerky, dried fruits, packaged nuts, etc. These items are all approved by the government and the inmates are allowed to have so many of these items from the store during a certain period provided they are paid for by someone on the outside.

I know it doesn't work this way in all facilities, but it does in some. Anyone who does social justice outreach programs through their church or community and has spent time touring and visiting with prisoners can tell you how it is. It is often not like how we see in the movies or on television programs.

the tsarnaev bros. blew up alotta people they didn't even know and that other guy, holmes, who opened up at a batman movie for no particular reason, his youngest victim was a 6-year old girl. I must say I find that prison code kinda admirable. you hurt an innocent child and you're gonna get it. :)

Of course you find the prison code admirable, since you support torture.    Now that is funny,  right!