Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Bogie56

Your Movie Bucket List

I figure some of the movies on my 'Bucket List' may not even exist anymore with all film prints lost,  but I reckon there's a chance I'll get to see some of these:

P.J. (1968) (Original theatrical version / a Universal Picture)

EYE OF THE CAT (1969)  (Original theatrical version / a Universal Picture)

Blueprint for Robbery (1961)  w/J. Pat O'Malley

Hell With Heroes, The (1968) C-95m.  w/Rod Taylor, Peter Deuel, Harry Guardino & Claudia Cardinale         

Jigsaw (1968)  A re-working of the 1965 film "Mirage" with late '60s "mod" trappings.  A Universal Picture

Night of the Witches (1970)  (Tv print still exists; theatrical version currently in the "Lost" category)

Puzzle of a Downfall Child (1970)  starring Faye Dunaway

Red Sky at Morning (1970)  (I'd gladly watch either the TV print or the theatrical version)

Been Down So Long It Looks Like Up To Me (1971) C-90m.

B.S. I Love You (1971) C-99m.

One More Train to Rob (1971)    

T.R. Baskin (1971) C-90m. [PG]

You've Got To Walk It Like You Talk It Or You'll Lose That Beat (1971) Filmed in 1968

Fan's Notes, A (1972-Canadian)   

Stand Up and Be Counted (1972)    

Arnold's Wrecking Co. (1973)  (probably a "lost" film)

Don't Just Lie There, Say Something! (1973-UK)  [PG] 

Hard Part Begins, The (1973-Canadian)

I Could Never Have Sex With Any Man Who Has So Little Respect for my Husband (1973) C-86m. [R]

Akenfield (1974-UK)  a British movie I'd very much like to see.

All I Want Is You . . . and You . . . and You (1974-UK)  (This British comedy is likely a lost film).   

Inbreaker, The (1974-Canadian)

Moments (1974-UK)  w/Keith Michell, Angharad Rees.  I'd ♥ to see this British movie, but where is it?

Mrs. Barrington (1974) a Chuck Vincent film.  Some of director Chuck Vincent's movies have been made available on homevideo; this isn't one of them. 

Sheila Levine is Dead and Living in New York City (1975)

Baby Blue Marine (1976)  (I've had a chance to see this in the past, but missed it). 

Winds of Autumn, The (1976) C-100m. [PG]  A Charles B. Pierce film

Towing (1977) w/Sue Lyon

Convention Girls (1978) C-95m. [R]  ► I have a poster for this movie, but can't find a copy of the movie itself anywhere.   

Young Cycle Girls, The (1979)  The "Tv version" of this movie was released on video; the original theatrical version is  -?-       

Quite an amazing list Mr. Gorman.  Considering it is from the period where I really started to watch movies 'religiously' so to speak I have to confess that I have not even heard of some of these titles.

And how do films from the 70's become lost?  Do you think it is rights issues?  Surely there are prints of these films somewhere, or would that be mistaken?

In noticed that you have The Hard Part Begins, a Paul Lynch film with Donnelly Rhodes.  If that other new thread 'actors whose careers you are at a loss to account for' included directors I would put Paul Lynch in it.

A bit later in his career he took to bringing his teddy bear to set with him.  He even had an accompanying director's chair for it.  One actor recounted to me "if he starts asking the bear what he thinks, I'm outta here."

Jigsaw (1968) A re-working of the 1965 film "Mirage" with late '60s "mod" trappings. A Universal Picture.

I saw this in the '70s. Never forgot the LSD sequence (which is on YT)

For years I misremembered Jigsaw as being connected to the TV series The Outsider, starring Darren McGavin as an ex-con PI. I think I may have seen the TV movie that was edited from Outsider episodes in the '70s, but I'm not certain. I recently saw a few clips from an Outsider episode -- it's notable as producer Royn Huggins' dress-rehearsal for his later masterpiece The Rockford Files.

One More Train to Rob (1971) 

This has shown up on Encore and may even be on YT

Fan's Notes, A (1972-Canadian) 

This had been pretty much MIA since its release, but I believe it came out on DVD a few years ago. I have the book (acclaimed as perhaps the greatest sports novel ever) and want to read it before seeing the film, but I never get around to reading it... lol

I Could Never Have Sex With Any Man Who Has So Little Respect for my Husband (1973)

This aired on USA Cable in the '80s. IMHO it was pretty boring.

Baby Blue Marine (1976) (I've had a chance to see this in the past, but missed it)

Saw this many, many years ago. It's actually not bad, and the ending is kind of a surprise. And Glynnis O'Connor is very cute.

I've had a tough time trying to find Erich von Stroheim's 1925, The Wedding March.

Has that film ever been on TCM?

The original version of Holiday (1930) is high on my list of films that I would like to see.  

Ann Harding was nominated for a Best Actress Oscar.  Mary Astor is supposed to be very good in it too.

Has TCM ever shown this film?  the distributor is listed as Pathe Exchange on the imdb.

I've had a tough time trying to find Erich von Stroheim's 1925, The Wedding March.

Has that film ever been on TCM?

There's no TCM article on THE WEDDING MARCH so I suspect the movie has never aired on TCM. 

The original version of Holiday (1930) is high on my list of films that I would like to see.  

Ann Harding was nominated for a Best Actress Oscar.  Mary Astor is supposed to be very good in it too.

Has TCM ever shown this film?  the distributor is listed as Pathe Exchange on the imdb.

I second your choice of the first  version of Holiday.

I would very much like to see a German film from 1933 titled, Viktor and Viktoria.

Reinhold Schunzel directed it and it co-stars Anton Walbrook in the James Garner part.

According to an imdb review, long before it was remade as Victor/Victoria by Blake Edwards it was also remade in Britain by Gaumont in 1935 as First a Girl with Jesse Matthews.  Victor Saville was the director.

It might be interesting to see all 3 on TCM one evening.

I would very much like to see a German film from 1933 titled, Viktor and Viktoria.

Reinhold Schunzel directed it and it co-stars Anton Walbrook in the James Garner part.

According to an imdb review, long before it was remade as Victor/Victoria by Blake Edwards it was also remade in Britain by Gaumont in 1935 as First a Girl with Jesse Matthews.  Victor Saville was the director.

It might be interesting to see all 3 on TCM one evening.

I agree that would be a great evening on TCM.

I was diasppointed that I missed FIRST A GIRL when it last aired on TCM.

1.  THE PATIENT VANISHES aka THIS MAN IS DANGEROUS - on BFI's list of "lost" films

2.  TROUBLED WATERS - only exists as negatives

3.  BLIND MAN'S BLUFF -  ditto

4.  PRISON BREAKER - ditto

5.  CATCH AS CATCH CAN - in BFI's Reuben Library and available for viewing, but one has to go to                                                  London, could be a problem 

I would love to see John Wayne's The Conqueror, if only to see how bad it was and since this film is so notorious for being the film that killed most of the cast and crew within 10-20 years after making it.  

John Wayne as Genghis Kahn?

Count me in.

The 1930 Holiday is floating around.

Two that are locked up in archives I'd like to see are The Barker (1928) a part-talkie that stars Milton Sills, Betty Compson (Oscar nomination), Dorothy Mackaill, and Douglas Fairbanks, Jr. The other is John Gilbert's infamous His Glorious Night (1929).

Most features produced by Universal during the Carl Laemmle-era (1936 & prior) have been unavailable and unseen for decades. Fay Wray's three Universal features from 1934 are on my movie bucket list (MADAME SPY; THE COUNTESS OF MONTE CRISTO; CHEATING CHEATERS).

I would love to see John Wayne's The Conqueror, if only to see how bad it was and since this film is so notorious for being the film that killed most of the cast and crew within 10-20 years after making it.  

John Wayne as Genghis Kahn?

Count me in.

John Wayne really played Genghis Kahn?

John Wayne really played Genghis Kahn?

Yes he did.  Apparently director Dick Powell asked John Wayne to come into his office to discuss starring in one of the screenplays Powell was working on.  Powell was called away for a brief second and when he returned to his office, he found Wayne pouring over the screenplay for the ill-fated The Conqueror--Wayne had pulled this screenplay out of Powell's trashcan.  Powell had found the screenplay absurd and threw it away.  Because of Wayne's enthusiasm over the script and for the fact that he was John Wayne, Dick Powell felt that he couldn't deny him the pleasure of portraying Genghis Kahn in film. 

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/film/the-conqueror/making-of-movie-that-killed-john-wayne/

I want the poster for this film, it's hilarious:

640px-The_Conqueror_%281956%29_film_post

Yes he did.  Apparently director Dick Powell asked John Wayne to come into his office to discuss starring in one of the screenplays Powell was working on.  Powell was called away for a brief second and when he returned to his office, he found Wayne pouring over the screenplay for the ill-fated The Conqueror--Wayne had pulled this screenplay out of Powell's trashcan.  Powell had found the screenplay absurd and threw it away.  Because of Wayne's enthusiasm over the script and for the fact that he was John Wayne, Dick Powell felt that he couldn't deny him the pleasure of portraying Genghis Kahn in film. 

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/film/the-conqueror/making-of-movie-that-killed-john-wayne/

I want the poster for this film, it's hilarious:

640px-The_Conqueror_%281956%29_film_post

Oh wow, John Wayne found the screenplay in the trash?

Maybe I will have too check this one out

• Like 1

Has The Patent Leather Kid (1927) with Richard Bathelmess ever shown up anywhere, or on TCM?

Barthelmess was nominated for a Best Actor Oscar.

And yes, I would like to see The Barker too.

5.  CATCH AS CATCH CAN - in BFI's Reuben Library and available for viewing, but one has to go to                                                  London, could be a problem 

Thanks manderstoke,  I'm in London most of the year and a BFI member so I can check this out!  Great.

Has The Patent Leather Kid (1927) with Richard Bathelmess ever shown up anywhere, or on TCM?

Barthelmess was nominated for a Best Actor Oscar.

And yes, I would like to see The Barker too.

Seems like The Patent Leather Kid was being restored a while back but I haven't heard anything more about that is ages. It's a terrific film and Richard Barthelmess is great in it, quite deserving of his Oscar nomination for best actor.

Valiant Is the Word For Carrie (1936) with Gladys George is another on my 'would like to see' list.

As far as I know, this Paramount film isn't on dvd - or TCM?

QsKfRXk.jpg

I probably saw this one as a kid, Richard and never made the connection.  That's great!

Valiant is another one that's floating around....

Yes. Wouldn't it be wonderful if TCM could someday air it..?

250px-carrietitle.jpg

Gladys George was nominated for an Oscar.