Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Bogie56

Your Movie Bucket List

Wow.  Tor Johnson has made it into the Bucket List thread.  Hallelujah!

Maybe you should start at the beginning with Registered Night Nurse (1934).  I could start there too.  I had no idea his illustrious career stretched that far back.  When I first read about Tor in that film in another thread I thought they were just joking.

I don't think Tor has the title role in that film though.  That would have been interesting casting.

He gets around, doesn't he? And they probably were just joking. Every mention of him seems to produce a laugh. I hope he doesn't play the nurse. I see you mentioned the films of Leopoldo Torre Nilsson (oh, excuse me Leopoldo TORre Nilsson). We have to make sure we spell words in accordance with current zeitgeist.

He gets around, doesn't he? And they probably were just joking. Every mention of him seems to produce a laugh. I hope he doesn't play the nurse. I see you mentioned the films of Leopoldo Torre Nilsson (oh, excuse me Leopoldo TORre Nilsson). We have to make sure we spell words in accordance with current zeitgeist.

According to the illustrious imdb Registered Night Nurse IS in fact Tor Johnson's first film.  And they were not joking when they were talking about him having hair in that film.

History Is Made at Night (1937) by Frank Borzage with Charles Boyer and Jean Arthur.

I don't think this has shown on TCM Canada and I don't think it is on dvd.

Bogie56-re History is made at Night (1937)--a DVD Is available--but has Spanish subtitles and seller is charging $28.00.

They are hard coded subs, are they not?

Bogie56-re History is made at Night (1937)--a DVD Is available--but has Spanish subtitles and seller is charging $28.00.

Hard coded subtitles meaning they cannot be removed.

• Like 1

Report (1965)  Bruce Conner's 13 minute found footage documentary on the Kennedy assassination.

They are hard coded subs, are they not?

Hard coded subtitles meaning they cannot be removed.

So are the subtitles on the DVD hard coded or can they be turned off?

You could buy HISTORY IS MADE AT NIGHT on tape.  It was released on VHS; I think MGM put it out.  There's a picture of the video box on Amazon and you can see for yourself if you choose.  Non-removable Spanish subs doesn't sound like fun to me.    

You could buy HISTORY IS MADE AT NIGHT on tape.  It was released on VHS; I think MGM put it out.  There's a picture of the video box on Amazon and you can see for yourself if you choose.  Non-removable Spanish subs doesn't sound like fun to me.    

That Charles Boyer \ Jean Arthur film is worth it.      Just another 30s Arthur gem. 

• Like 1

Jean Renoir's Madame Bovary (1934).  A copy with English subtitles would be nice.

So many of the golden age French films of the 1930's are hard to find with English subtitles.  Here is another I have been looking for:  Un Carnet de Bal (1937) by Julian Duvivier.