Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

our manned space program is at a standstill...

with american astronauts hitching rides on russian rockets whenever it is convenient and nasa has been laid prostrate by massive defunding...

and why is it that the late Neil Armstrong's last public remarks, which were a criticism of nasa's defunding, was given so very little overall attention and no in-depth examination by the american mainstream media? they reported his comments and that was it.

Armstrong was only the first man to set foot on the moon, that's all. :huh:

I wonder if massive nasa defunding occurring under a republican potus would have been met with such indifference?...

especially considering how important the space program was to JFK. :huh:

NipkowDisc: 

Once Neil Armstrong discovered the Moon was actually made of green cheese nobody gave a fat sh!t anymore!  ;)

Trust me on this. 

I did want to assure you, however, that Neil Armstrong -- in his infinite and progressive wisdom -- left a Blu-Ray disc of HOT SPELL in a crater on Da Moon and now the race is on between the Russian and American astronauts to find it before Hog Branding Time!  You betcha!    

NipkowDisc: 

Once Neil Armstrong discovered the Moon was actually made of green cheese nobody gave a fat sh!t anymore!  ;)

Trust me on this. 

I did want to assure you, however, that Neil Armstrong -- in his infinite and progressive wisdom -- left a Blu-Ray disc of HOT SPELL in a crater on Da Moon and now the race is on between the Russian and American astronauts to find it before Hog Branding Time!  You betcha!    

the comedy is because you can't disprove my assertions. :P

I got nothing against the Russians, in fact, it is darn nice of them to lend a hand to our beleaguered defunded spacemen and spacewomen. :)

Disprove thy assertions?  ME?  Nay! 

Our manned space program is at a standstill.  I know we now hitch a ride with the Russians to get to the space station.   

ALSO:  The Earth is flat.  ► Just last week I sailed down a polluted canal on a milk carton and fell off the planet!  That really toasted my English muffins!     

So, ya say ya want somebody to "disprove" your little theory here and why Federal funding for American manned space exploration has been drastically reduced in recent years? Is that right, Bunky?

Well, then here's ya a little somethin' to ponder on, ND:

Take yourself the time to find out what the Federal tax rate was in 1961 and when that guy who was shot in Dallas Texas a few years later by that crazy loser(and ONLY him, btw) said he'd like to see America "land a man on the moon and then return him safely back to Earth by the end of that decade"!

And THEN, take the time to find out what the Federal tax rate is TODAY, and especially the tax rates for corporations AND the Uber-RICH.

And then COMPARE those two figures to each other, and THEN you MIGHT see why there is little Federal funding available today for such projects, AND a project which was basically inaugurated by that guy who was killed in Dallas as primarily a "Public Relations" endeavor and in order to show the world that OUR way of living was superior to those in that Godless country the Ruskies lived in!!!

Yeah, and I know once you find these figures and "do the math" and see how comparatively much larger they were back in '61, I'll bet you'll be absolutely AMAZED to discover that the idea of people back then giving more of their earning in taxes in relative terms than they do TODAY, that anyone at ALL back then had a "work ethic"! 'Cause ya "know", the more we give to those idiots in D.C. the less people have an "incentive to work".

(...well, at least that's the kind of B.S. that's been propagated by one particular Party AND to "great" effect for many many years, anyway!!!) 

• Like 2

It now boils down to what does society get from the money spent.  The moon was a piece of cake compared to setting foot on Mars.  We have an infrastructure that is falling apart - water, sewer, roads, bridges, etc. that's going to cost several trillions to bring up to standards.

Space is ready for private companies, adventurers.  By the way, planning a trip to Alpha Centauri - it will take approx 160,000 years by shuttle.

spaceship1-inflight-mothership-0803-1a.j

spacex_default.jpg

again, I am misunderstood. I agree with all the economic rationale against such expenditures...

my point is that a gop potus would've been handed his head by the news media if he had done it. :D

The opposite, actually. Efforts are being applied towards the manned Mars missions.

This is a hoax. There will be no manned Mars missions during the next 100 years. Too far. Too long.

This hoax is being used so that physicists and astronomers can get government grants to "study" such a space flight. But this too is a hoax. It is hoax designed to get large government grants. The physicists and astronomers ALREADY KNOW it is too far and too long.

The "space elevator" is a hoax too.

Just be patient! 

They'll land a man on Mars just as soon as they redecorate the movie set they used for the MOON LANDING!  :lol:

Sepiatone

I think all they need to do is spray paint the old moon set orange.

again, I am misunderstood. I agree with all the economic rationale against such expenditures...

my point is that a gop potus would've been handed his head by the news media if he had done it. :D

We follow you ok. We've just found a more interesting way of talking about it.

:)

I don't understand what you are trying to say, but I think you are too young to know.

I watched President Eisenhower, on live TV in 1958, announce the formation of a new government agency called NASA.

I heard Kennedy on live TV talk about sending a man to the moon.

I heard LBJ live talking about our first moon shots.

I saw live video of the first man on the moon.

I heard Richard Nixon live talking about our later moon shots.

Republican, Democrat, Democrat, Republican. Everybody loved it, because both Republicans and Democrats and all Americans beat the Russians to the moon. :)

• Like 1

This is a hoax. There will be no manned Mars missions during the next 100 years. Too far. Too long.

This hoax is being used so that physicists and astronomers can get government grants to "study" such a space flight. But this too is a hoax. It is hoax designed to get large government grants. The physicists and astronomers ALREADY KNOW it is too far and too long.

The "space elevator" is a hoax too.

Another off the wall idea, Project Harp was a serious attempt to literally blast probes into space. (Jules Verne would had been honored) The idea eventually got shot down. 

Sorry ND, but your presumption here is just that. And so, once again read the facts.

Here! I'll even supply them for you THIS time...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Budget_of_NASA

(...'cause I have a feeling you didn't even bother to check those Federal Tax Rates I asked you to do earlier, did ya!)

Another off the wall idea, Project Harp was a serious attempt to literally blast probes into space. (Jules Verne would had been honored) The idea eventually got shot down. 

Hang in there, Ham. This is just one of those things that will come in time.

2md5weu.jpg

My brother is an astrophysicist and was part of the team that built the Chandra telescope. He now monitors a satellite that orbits the sun and sends back data in real time. It's just not manned space exploration.

The way we've ruined our own home planet, I'd just as soon NOT have humankind's dirty mitts on the cosmos. At least until we figure out how to handle delicate eco-systems better than we do.

Instead, I am forever impressed with the advances in medicine in my own lifetime. Pretty amazing leaps & bounds in just 50 years. Obviously big bucks private funding by drug companies find innovations, rather than our government... who can't even afford to repair our infrastructure to keep us safe..

• Like 1

Instead, I am forever impressed with the advances in medicine in my own lifetime. Pretty amazing leaps & bounds in just 50 years. Obviously big bucks private funding by drug companies find innovations, rather than our government... who can't even afford to repair our infrastructure to keep us safe..

Yes we made advances but the COST of medicines are in orbit  :o

I don't understand what you are trying to say, but I think you are too young to know.

I watched President Eisenhower, on live TV in 1958, announce the formation of a new government agency called NASA.

I heard Kennedy on live TV talk about sending a man to the moon.

I heard LBJ live talking about our first moon shots.

I saw live video of the first man on the moon.

I heard Richard Nixon live talking about our later moon shots.

Republican, Democrat, Democrat, Republican. Everybody loved it, because both Republicans and Democrats and all Americans beat the Russians to the moon. :)

yeah, but right now our space program is at a halt....

and it just didn't stop by itself, now did it? :)

yeah, but right now our space program is at a halt....

and it just didn't stop by itself, now did it? :)

"At a halt"..."stop by itself" ???

So ND, I see once again you apparently didn't bother to at least quickly scan that little Wiki page I linked to ya about NASA's funding history, EH?!

'Cause IF ya did, then you'd have to really be a dense one in order to use the words you just did.

(...I wonder why I even bother sometimes)

"At a halt"..."stop by itself" ???

So ND, I see once again you apparently didn't bother to at least quickly scan that little Wiki page I linked to ya about NASA's funding history, EH?!

'Cause IF ya did, then you'd have to really be a dense one in order to use the words you just did.

(...I wonder why I even bother sometimes)

I'm with ya on this. This banana embargo has got to stop. Banks and financial institutions must be .. 

Oh.. OH!! The SPACE program. ! Never mind.

I'm with ya on this. This banana embargo has got to stop. Banks and financial institutions must be .. 

Oh.. OH!! The SPACE program. ! Never mind.

Sorry Kid, but I've heard better impressions of THIS guy before...

wV00ERg8xRQ.jpg

THOUGH of course I've ALSO heard WORSE!  ;)

(...Johnny's "Floyd R. Turbo"...probably the most "political" Johnny ever got, wouldn't ya say?!)

;)

(...Johnny's "Floyd R, Turbo"...probably the most "political" Johnny ever got, wouldn't ya say?!)

LOL! Yes. Mr. Silent Majority

"And what's all this fuss about plutonium: how can something named after a Disney character be dangerous? So what if an atomic plant blows up? The people who say that, they are afraid to die. I'm not afraid to die because all my life I have lived by the Good Book, the American Legion magazine...They say atomic radiation can hurt your reproductive organs. My answer is, so can a hockey stick, but we don't stop building them....Sure, nuclear leaks will affect the forest animals. So what if a deer grows up with two rear ends? They're easier to shoot...So in my simple way, I'm asking that you support nuclear energy. Remember being an American means being powerful, proud and pushy, and in conclusion, let me finish by ending...Thank you."

:lol: