Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

*Rhetorical Question*' 👇

Why (the H.ECK) have i not seen Ten Little Indians, .Before ?...

😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐🙄😐😶😑😑😶😐🙄😐😐🤔😐😬😬😬😖😐

🎩👙🎨🌈🌈🎨👙👙👙🎨👙

. ... ..

While (ofcourse) Opinions Will Differ,...

This Feature is (EASILY) Oneofthe B.EST .. .....Savviest.. . ...Smartest; .. ("Murder Mystery") Thrillers i,ve EVER Scene... .

10 hours ago, Allhallowsday said:

Schadenfreude 

Lorna is probably too polite to point out that she was undoubtedly already well aware of that word, and was playfully riffing on it by inserting the original spelling of the Trump family name ("Drumpf").

• Thanks 1
51 minutes ago, Fausterlitz said:

Lorna is probably too polite to point out that she was undoubtedly already well aware of that word, and was playfully riffing on it by inserting the original spelling of the Trump family name ("Drumpf").

Oh yes, she couldn't have made up her word without knowing schadenfreude.  I was helping move it along. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 6/23/2021 at 10:57 AM, kingrat said:

The more of these posts I read, the choice to avoid SNL seems like one of the best decisions I've ever made.

Aren't missing a thing! :D

• Like 2
On 6/23/2021 at 9:31 AM, LornaHansonForbes said:

if you would ever like to feel better about any bad choices you may have made in your life, feel free to google "Randy Quaid today" or go to his wikipedia page. it is SOBERING.

Seriously, even COUSIN EDDIE would be like "Son, what is goin on with you?????"

they omit mentioning his and his wife's sex tape at least....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Randy_Quaid

LOL. The part about his run ins with the law is about as long as the career part!

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, LornaHansonForbes said:

and they LEFT STUFF OUT!!!!!

I love how virtually all the arrest warrants are due to failure to appear in court no matter what the original charge was 😂

I'M RANDY ****ING QUAID DAMNIT! I DON'T STOOP TO YOUR LOWLY JUDICIAL SYSTEM!

And Canada said nope not in our country buster🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 2
15 minutes ago, Citizen Ed said:

And Canada said “nope not in our country buster“

It takes someone pretty “special” to test the patience and politeness of the Canadians.

[...But I think Randy qualifies. ]

Take a Xmas Picture With Cousin Eddie's RV in Blooming Prairie!

• Haha 2
23 hours ago, EricJ said:

The late-80's Silver Age ended when Phil Hartman left the show to do "NewsRadio", and the cold open for the new season had the new cast auditioning "Who are we going to get to play Clinton?"
This was the year David Letterman's Chris Elliott had a short run on the show (no), Adam Sandler did a song (no), Rob Schneider did his shtick bits (no), and the black comic said "It ain't me, right?"

That sort of emphasized that the great '86 Renaissance of ex-Second City and Groundlings improv-group comics who could don a thousand faces to do political jokes had now been replaced by one-joke promoted writers and standups who had gotten the job on one idiosyncratic shtick, and couldn't fit the parts outside their comfort zones....Sort of what we had for the next twenty years.  🙁

For everyone else who missed the headline, new DOJ evidence this week came out that Trump really DID ask the FCC and DOJ to "investigate" Alec Baldwin and Jimmy Kimmel, to see if there was some way they could lean on the shows to cut back on making meanie-weanie fun of him.

Accdg. to insiders, aides and the Department tried to find polite ways of telling him his idea was nuts.

Not here to talk politics and I wish Kimmel would do the same.  His show along with Seth Meyers and Colbert are nightly political editorials- not that I watch anything other than Keith Lemon's Celebrity Juice in the evenings. 

• Like 1

Two from the week so far:

Frankenstein 1970 (1958) Like the fact they mixed it up by having a giant bandaged monster rather than the traditional Frankenstein monster.  Guess the surprise at the end was decent enough.

Spring Break (1983) Pretty bad and instead of a coherent plot-line (i think it's about a hotel being sold or a politician's son having fun) instead focus on women and men dancing on stage in a beach bar for multiple extended scenes - and for a college T&A film there was lots of homosexual undertones going on, even more than in The Last American Virgin.  Anyway, I remember seeing parts of this film as a little kid and my older brother and his friends rented it.  Saw it was on Prime and took a chance.

2 hours ago, LornaHansonForbes said:

It takes someone pretty “special” to test the patience and politeness of the Canadians

His mistake may have been moving to Vancouver, had he moved east out around Kamloops or Salmon Arm he'd have fit right in. In fact he'd probably have been elected Supreme Overlord.

• Haha 3

I have a book that is an oral history of Saturday Night Live, which is strange because I never saw a full episode of it.... Anyway, it seems that the two best received periods were the original group plus one of the first replacements (Radner, Curtain, Chase, Belushi, Aykroyd, Morris, Newman, Murray) and the late 80s bunch (Hartman, Lovetz, Jackson, Dunn, Hooks, Miller, Nealon, Myers [in 1988-1989])). Both sets of cast members had some intense interpersonal issues, but perhaps the show bloomed both times because there wasn't much cast turnover in either period.

Also, SNL was almost cancelled three different times by NBC, and one time it actually was cancelled for about 12-16 hours.... Those three times were following the infamous, aforementioned 1980-1981 season (Eddie Murphy was likely the only thing that prevented it from being cancelled), the 1985-1986 season (the one with Quaid, Downey Jr. Hall, and Joan Cusack; the season had opened with one of the worst regarded shows of its entire run, and this was the season where it was briefly cancelled), and 1994-1995 (a contentious year, filled with lowball frathouse humor and fleeing cast members. Janeane Garofalo quit the show in a huff after only 5 months)

• Thanks 1
13 hours ago, SansFin said:

The Grass Is Greener (1960)

An American invades an English country home with the intention of carrying off the lady of the house.

Cary Grant as a house husband! I believe that is all that you should need to know to compel you to watch this movie.

It is a comedy of manners directed by: Stanley Donen. It is of an age and society when gentlemen invited their wife's lover to the country for a weekend. It is therefore filled with gentle humor and innocent-seeming banter with the audience in on the joke.

Robert Mitchum as the interloper seems to me to be a bit miscast but he presents well.

Deborah Kerr is the wife in question and Jean Simmons rounds out the cast as her friend who is a little minx. 

There are no car chases, no explosions except a wife blowing up at her husband and it is quite late in the movie before anyone is shot.

8.6/10

It is currently in the: Paramount+ stable of movies available for streaming on their app/site.

You have to love a movie with this sort of dialogue:

Earl Victor Rhyall (Cary Grant) telling of his great-great-grandfather's duel: "It was an affair of the heart."
Charles Delacro (Robert Mitchum): "A woman?"
Earl Victor Rhyall: "Yes, a woman. Gentlemen didn't fight over men in those days."

But for some reason, I would have sworn there was a cat in this movie. There isn't one now, and I can't imagine it's been cut just to exclude her. Now, it's is going to bug me which Grant or Kerr movie had a cat I mentally inserted into this one. Good way to ruin an already bad day.

• Haha 1
7 minutes ago, Moe Howard said:

His mistake may have been moving to Vancouver, had he moved east out around Kamloops or Salmon Arm he'd have fit right in. In fact he'd probably have been elected Supreme Overlord.

SALMON ARM?!?!

I LOVE IT!!!!!

3 hours ago, LornaHansonForbes said:

It takes someone pretty “special” to test the patience and politeness of the Canadians.

[...But I think Randy qualifies. ]

Take a Xmas Picture With Cousin Eddie's RV in Blooming Prairie!

"The sh-ers full."

*I tried to figure out how to type that without getting censored.  Lol.  This scene is hands down one of my favorite parts of this movie, after Aunt Bethany's introduction.  "Are you still dating Clark?... Is Rusty still in the Navy?"

9 minutes ago, speedracer5 said:

"The sh-ers full."

*I tried to figure out how to type that without getting censored.  Lol.  This scene is hands down one of my favorite parts of this movie, after Aunt Bethany's introduction.  "Are you still dating Clark?... Is Rusty still in the Navy?"

Use an exclamation point for the “I.”

The tuba rendition of “Rudolph the red nose reindeer” that plays during the scene deserves some credit toO

fun fact: The actress who plays the crazy senile aunt who wraps up her cat and her Jell-O mold was actually the voice of Betty Boop in the 1930s!

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, LornaHansonForbes said:

Use an exclamation point for the “I.”

The tuba rendition of “Rudolph the red nose reindeer” that plays during the scene deserves some credit toO

fun fact: The actress who plays the crazy senile aunt who wraps up her cat and her Jell-O mold was actually the voice of Betty Boop in the 1930s!

She wrapped up her damn cat.

Why's the carpet wet TODD?! 

I don't know, MAR-GO! 

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, speedracer5 said:

Why's the carpet wet TODD?! 

I don't know, MAR-GO! 

I cannot post images with my phone, but someone actually Cross-stitched and framed this dialogue exchange, it’s online. 

edit: It’s also printed on a set of “his and her” hand towels.

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, Shank Asu said:

Frankenstein 1970 (1958) Like the fact they mixed it up by having a giant bandaged monster rather than the traditional Frankenstein monster.  Guess the surprise at the end was decent enough.

I also caught some of this although I didn’t finish it. It was a very interesting and “meta” approach to the whole Frankenstein story, and I appreciated the fact that Boris Karloff was still bringing his A-game (Even if the make up department was decidedly C+)

Really the only reason I turned it off as the dialogue was so datedly and hopelessly “hep” and contrived. 
It was basically “The Barefoot Contessa“ as even more of a horror movie than it already is.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Capuchin said:

Now, it's is going to bug me which Grant or Kerr movie had a cat I mentally inserted into this one. Good way to ruin an already bad day.

Well there's cat in Bringing Up Baby -- a big one!

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Capuchin said:

Now, it's is going to bug me which Grant or Kerr movie had a cat I mentally inserted into this one. Good way to ruin an already bad day.

"To Catch a Thief" uses a black cat as a stand-in for the cat burglar. 

Pretty good FEAR THY NEIGHBOR last night! 

EDIT AND SPOILER

It’s a little odd though how they go out of their way to paint one of the feuding neighbors As an impulsive, unbalanced, alcoholic, dog murdering maniac and then when he is the one at the end to get shot all the sudden they do a total 180 and start acting like he was some kind of a saint. But hey, it’s FEAR THY NEIGHBOR, And that’s one of the reasons why I love it so.