Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

6 hours ago, misswonderly3 said:

Or  The Cattle of Algiers ?   Or  Broadcast Moos ?  I do think you're being unfair to the bovine population.

Night of the Living Cow

The Invisible Cow

Island of Lost Cows

The Ghost Cow

The Cow from Another World

Quatermass and the Cow

The Masque of the Red Cow

Cow from the Black Lagoon

The Cow They Could Not Hang

Mystery of the Wax Cow

Cows are inherently evil creatures. Any person who has had to milk them will tell you of their beastly love of squashing people against walls or slapping people in the face with a dung-laden tail. It is true that cows kill more people than sharks but only because it would be very difficult for a cow to kill a shark. 

• Haha 2
4 hours ago, SansFin said:

Night of the Living Cow

The Invisible Cow

Island of Lost Cows

The Ghost Cow

Quatermass and the Cow

Mystery of the Wax Cow

Cows are inherently evil creatures. Any person who has had to milk them will tell you of their beastly love of squashing people against walls or slapping people in the face with a dung-laden tail. It is true that cows kill more people than sharks but only because it would be very difficult for a cow to kill a shark. 

Ah.  Then what we really need is more horror movies featuring cows.  Thank you for compiling that list,  I'm hoping I can catch most of those titles on MooTube.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, SansFin said:

Night of the Living Cow

The Invisible Cow

Island of Lost Cows

The Ghost Cow

Quatermass and the Cow

Mystery of the Wax Cow

Mystery of the Wax Cow sounds like a Nancy Drew book.  I wish that had been a Nancy Drew book.

In honor of Elvis' SOTM:

King Cow

Jailhouse Cow (Cowhouse Rock?)

Paradise, Cow Style

Kissin' Cow

Cowbake

Double Cow

Change of Cow

Viva Las Cow

It Happened at the World's Cow

Follow That Cow

Loving Cow

Cow! Cow! Cow!

Cow Happy

Frankie and Cow

Cow-out!

Wild in the Cow

Flaming Cow

Cow in Acapulco

Live a Little, Love a Cow

Stay Away, Cow

• Haha 2
2 hours ago, speedracer5 said:

Mystery of the Wax Cow sounds like a Nancy Drew book.  I wish that had been a Nancy Drew book.

In honor of Elvis' SOTM:

King Cow

Jailhouse Cow (Cowhouse Rock?)

Paradise, Cow Style

Kissin' Cow

Cowbake

Double Cow

Change of Cow

Viva Las Cow

It Happened at the World's Cow

Follow That Cow

Loving Cow

Cow! Cow! Cow!

Cow Happy

Frankie and Cow

Cow-out!

Wild in the Cow

Flaming Cow

Cow in Acapulco

Live a Little, Love a Cow

Stay Away, Cow

I did wonder if it should be: The Mystery of the Wax Cow, or The Cow of the Wax Museum, or The Mystery of the Cow Museum. I believe that a writer could present quite different plots for each.

20,000 Cows Under the Sea 

Reservoir Cows

12 Angry Cows

The Usual Cows

To Kill a Cow

A Clockwork Cow

Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Cows

Dial C for Cows

Arsenic and Old Cows

Cows with Dirty Faces / Angels with Dirty Cows / Angels with Cow Faces

The Name of the Cow

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I just watched TCM's Forbidden Hollywood Vol 1. Someone here recommended WATERLOO BRIDGE '31 and I've never seen RED HEADED WOMAN '32 either so I watched that too.

Neither of these films were enjoyable for me. I wasn't impressed with Waterloo Bridge at all. The charactors were pretty stereotypical cardboard cut outs of a naive young soldier and weary street wise girl. The girl was Mae Clark whom I usually like, but there just wasn't enough story to carry the movie. Maybe the implication of her prostituting herself for survival was shocking or that a young soldier would be enthralled by her made an unusual story line in 1931, I don't know. Knowing he was off to battle was the only reason she played along with him, despite the fact she was a "hard" woman, she treated him Kindly.

Then there's Harlow; a big star I never understood. She was cute -yes-but that crazy make-up only made her look like she belonged in the audience of Rocky Horror. She played a despicable charactor, one who bamboozles every decent, rich guy out there to blackmail them for money/support. She giggles her way up the man-ladder forcing these guys into "situations beyond their control". She's not cute, nor does she get her comeuppance. The scene where she traps Chester Morris in a phone booth was particularly cringe worthy. I would have shoved her aside to escape, if she got hurt it would be her own damn fault. Harlow was completely unlikeable here.

The 3rd feature in the box set is BABY FACE '33 with Babs Stanwyck. That movie is a fave, it seems to get the balance of the story correct with good writing, story arc & great performances-esp Babs'.

91-BeSIxKaL._SL1500_.jpg

• Like 4

Jennifer T. has a bit part at both the beginning and end of The Fabulous Baker Boys.  I think she was also in Bullets Over Broadway .  Her sister, Meg T. first came to notice in The Big Chill as Chloe (who ends up with William Hurt).  She was later in Agnes of God (with Anne Baxter) about an immaculate conception.  I think she wrote a book years ago about the trauma she experienced when she was young.  I haven't seen Bound.  

Loved SCTV.  I believe that is where I first saw Andrea Martin, John Candy (still miss him), Eugene Levy, Catherine O'Hara, etc.  Sort of remember Kids in the Hall.

Last night I watched Master Chef and then later watched Harvey Keitel on Colbert (he is promoting the movie where he plays Meyer Lansky - got so so reviews).  He was once married to another woman who made a splash in a Martin S. movie (Goodfellas):  Lorraine Bracco.  She was (coincidentally) on the revamped Pyramid, hosted by Michael S.  I switched it off.

As for today, depends on what is happening (Biden's visit to Florida may interrupt p.m. viewing like the Cosby verdict did).  Also, I'm afraid to watch Top Chef because it is the finale tonight and I want Shoda (sp?) to win.  On another topic, just read that Guy Fieri just signed an 80 mil deal with the Food Network.  Maybe he can use it to buy some Whine & Cheesy, plus some tissues to eat drink, and wipe his tears when reading a bad restaurant review.  He won a Food Network Star Competition.  He would never make it as a contestant on Top Chef (even the new amateur version).  Same with Giada.  There is no crying or whining when you receive a bad restaurant review (read both reviews - hers and Guy's - and Pete Wells made legitimate complaints).

Unlike some people who are avoiding the news, I will watch it even though I'm tired of comments about Buffalo's Mayoral Race.  After Wheel of Fortune & Jeopardy (unless they get preempted), don't know.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, chaya bat woof woof said:

The above was from a day or two ago.  I love Waterloo Bridge. Leigh won 2 Oscars for playing southern belles and it is nice to hear her with her British accent.

Oh thank God! I thought I was stuck in Groundhog Day.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, SansFin said:

I did wonder if it should be: The Mystery of the Wax Cow, or The Cow of the Wax Museum, or The Mystery of the Cow Museum. I believe that a writer could present quite different plots for each.

20,000 Cows Under the Sea 

Reservoir Cows

12 Angry Cows

The Usual Cows

To Kill a Cow

A Clockwork Cow

Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Cows

Dial C for Cows

Arsenic and Old Cows

Cows with Dirty Faces / Angels with Dirty Cows / Angels with Cow Faces

The Name of the Cow

There's also  Cow, Voyager  and  Cow to Marry a Millionaire.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, chaya bat woof woof said:

Also, I'm afraid to watch Top Chef because it is the finale tonight and I want Shoda (sp?) to win

So did you end up watching Top Chef?    I did.      I wanted the Japanese guy to win.     Since I don't know if you did watch it,  I won't give away who won.

As for Guy and Giada:    I agree with you about Guy.     E.g.  if he was in a contest like Top Chef or his own Tournament of Champions he would be out in the first round or two.

But I have seen Giada on Iron Chef and she could hold her own in such completion type cooking.     This is unlike most Italians chefs!  Generally Italians are not known for their time management skills.  My wife, who is Italian,  agrees, as well as her mom,  and the many Italian chefs we know.      Oh, well,  the end result is always great.              

On 6/21/2021 at 5:55 AM, LornaHansonForbes said:

in re THE BEE GEES, I was only alive for two years of the 1970's but if you asked me to distill the PURE ESSENCE OF THE ERA into MUSICAL FORM, I would direct you to the progression that begins 18 seconds in to the song below (AND REPRISES AT THE 1:40 MARK.)

PURE EXCITEMENT.

Here's a disco dance-off for you, LornaHansonForbes...

Beautiful-breasted Andrea True's song celebrated the Bicentennial year and, much more to the point, Elizabeth Ray's specialized secretarial skills:     

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, misswonderly3 said:

There's also  Cow, Voyager  and  Cow to Marry a Millionaire.

I suspect: How to Marry a Cow would be a bunch of bull.

My little fuzzy has: "bovine aortic valve" to replace faulty factory part. He states that it is perfect because he is a writer and so it is a good thing to have more bull installed. It made me wonder if I married a cow. I will say to his credit that he did not immediately retort that he had also. I have to believe that that did not even come into his mind because he is not such a good actor that he could feign the look of realization that that might be a good comeback when I pressed him for a response.

• Haha 3
20 hours ago, SansFin said:

So, I take it you're a big booster of The Atkins Diet?  😉🐮

• Like 1
22 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Re: "...a fine jazz guitarist.     Thus the reason that was my favorite scene.     We get to see Dave play a solo on a niffy hollow body,  single coil,   jazz guitar."

I was recently reading about fret tapping, jamesjazzguitar, and discovered the following with you in mind:     

• Like 1

For tapping on Guitar here is Stanley Jordan.     My wife heard this and said this was a great duet version,  not realizing that this is just one dude,  with no overdubs.   Using tapping Jordan plays the melody with one hand and the bass\harmonic parts with the other.     I play Georgia a lot,  so when I told her this is just one guy and before she could say anything,   I said: and don't ask me why I don't play it like that!!!    

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Zola.

_

Im A Big Huge Fan of A24 Stuff and the Calibre of Content, Acting, and Stories They Produce..

..this Isnt One of 'em...

*neither is uncut ge(r)ms, Nor spring breakers ftm.

.. .

Even If (and in spite of) some other A24 Tales Not Necessarily Being Ones Cup of Tea..   Pretty Much ALL Others From A24 Are (Anywhere) Between Solid, - Impressive, - Excellent, - Transcendental...

Never one to cow-tow to others, I hereby add a few more titles:

Cow Green Was My Valley

Cow the West Was Won

Far from the Madding Cow

The Cownt of Monte Cristo

Cowheart (featuring Mel Gibson's ghastly haircowt)

• Haha 2

The Killing (1956)

An ex-convict plans a perfect robbery. 

My main problem with this movie is that it is difficult for me to find when I wish to watch it because I can never truly associate the title with the action and so must backtrack through which actors appeared together. I find the title inappropriate because it is not an assassination and no person was to be killed during the robbery. 

This movie flips all the switches for my definition of a noir. None of the characters nor any aspect of their environment are prettified or excused. They are as they are and the world is as it is.

Sterling Hayden is perfect as a man who has learned the hard way that you have to take all that you can grab and that you will lose as badly for stealing a little as you will for stealing a lot. This is why he has set his sight on the grandest score possible.

I have a natural antipathy for short men and Elisha Cook Jr. ideally demonstrates how they are more like yappy little dogs rather than being truly human.

Marie Windsor deserves special notice as I know of few others who could so wonderfully portray simple and honest amorality while flouncing around in next to nothing.

The performance of rest of the cast show why they appeared in a great number of roles during their careers. 

8.3/10

I watched it on: Amazon Prime Video and I see that it is listed for viewing for free with commercials on: PlutoTv.

• Like 3
37 minutes ago, SansFin said:

The Killing (1956)

An ex-convict plans a perfect robbery. 

My main problem with this movie is that it is difficult for me to find when I wish to watch it because I can never truly associate the title with the action and so must backtrack through which actors appeared together. I find the title inappropriate because it is not an assassination and no person was to be killed during the robbery. 

This movie flips all the switches for my definition of a noir. None of the characters nor any aspect of their environment are prettified or excused. They are as they are and the world is as it is.

Sterling Hayden is perfect as a man who has learned the hard way that you have to take all that you can grab and that you will lose as badly for stealing a little as you will for stealing a lot. This is why he has set his sight on the grandest score possible.

I have a natural antipathy for short men and Elisha Cook Jr. ideally demonstrates how they are more like yappy little dogs rather than being truly human.

Marie Windsor deserves special notice as I know of few others who could so wonderfully portray simple and honest amorality while flouncing around in next to nothing.

The performance of rest of the cast show why they appeared in a great number of roles during their careers. 

8.3/10

I watched it on: Amazon Prime Video and I see that it is listed for viewing for free with commercials on: PlutoTv.

I never thought much about the title. Maybe “The Killing” title was used in reference to the slang, I.e, “I made a killing today at the racetrack.” 

I love this movie though. I enjoyed the way the heist was set-up and the eventual execution. Elisha Cook Jr and Marie Windsor were fantastic, as was Sterling Hayden. I enjoyed the non-linear narrative. I know Stanley Kubrick didn’t like the narration, but I liked it. It helped me keep the events of the movie straight in my mind. 

• Like 3
On 7/1/2021 at 10:25 PM, misswonderly3 said:

Ah.  Then what we really need is more horror movies featuring cows.  Thank you for compiling that list,  I'm hoping I can catch most of those titles on MooTube.

This Thread, is Udderly Silly ..

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, speedracer5 said:

I never thought much about the title. Maybe “The Killing” title was used in reference to the slang, I.e, “I made a killing today at the racetrack.” 

I love this movie though. I enjoyed the way the heist was set-up and the eventual execution. Elisha Cook Jr and Marie Windsor were fantastic, as was Sterling Hayden. I enjoyed the non-linear narrative. I know Stanley Kubrick didn’t like the narration, but I liked it. It helped me keep the events of the movie straight in my mind. 

Elisha Cook, the Jr ALWAYS Delivers.. imo.

NEVER Calls in, Nor plays hookey.

Ninety Degrees (sometimes 90°) In the Shade.

-

A Kind of Loving.

_

Dont Think id ever seen 90 Shade Before.. ...but i think ive previously seen Loving; ..though it,d been Quite awhile and i,d subsuquently completely forgotten about it ...

. ...

Both, /Each i found to be, (Easily) 360° Worth of Impressive..

👏👏👏🌈👏🎨👏🎨🎨👏