Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

18 hours ago, Moe Howard said:

Eggs can be kosher, but I was referring to the salt. It's a coarser grind, better to cook with.

Yes you were weren't you 🤦🏻‍♂️

I'm a doofus. I don't know how I missed that line.  All I saw was kosher and eggs and immediately started wondering what age they got their bar/bat mitzvah.

• Haha 1
54 minutes ago, King Rat said:

Lorna, thanks for posting that video of Grayson Hall screaming. So wonderful. Though I might not have struggled too much if Joel Crothers had his arms around me.

Sam Hall and Gordon Russell were the main writers for Dark Shadows and later were headwriters for One Life to Live. They usually had some good stories going.

waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait a sec...

Why are you King Rat now and not Kingrat?

And why you a newbie?

DID BRONXGIRL48 STEAL YOUR COMPUTER TO WATCH MOVIES ON????????!!!!

• Haha 2
54 minutes ago, speedracer5 said:

There’s a Johnny Carson segment where Vincent Price cooks an entire dinner (fish and veggies) in the dishwasher. He wraps everything in foil so the dishwasher steams the food. 

omg!!!!!!!!

off to youtube........l

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
18 hours ago, LornaHansonForbes said:

Have a team of Rabbis  on hand  to say a Berakah over each egg the minute it’s laid? 

(I’m just blue skying here)

I was picturing more of a Bob Clampett animated bris...but feathery.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
19 hours ago, LornaHansonForbes said:

I’m having a good laugh over this. Thank you.

I think the idea though is that you put the egg in the utensil compartment or someplace where it’s not going to move around a lot. I’m going to post this video, which is actually pretty fascinating and I don’t just say that because I started watching it at the beginning of quarantine.
Somewhere in here this guy cooks an egg in a dishwasher, and it turns out really well

FIFTY-NINE WAYS TO COOK AN EGG:

Didn't Paul Simon do a song about that?

don't ever let anyone say no one ever learns anything from these messageboards...

Today, for example, I found out that VINCENT PRICE cooked fish in a dishwasher on THE TONIGHT SHOW. And I think I'm a better person for this knowledge....

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, LornaHansonForbes said:

waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait a sec...

Why are you King Rat now and not Kingrat?

And why you a newbie?

DID BRONXGIRL48 STEAL YOUR COMPUTER TO WATCH MOVIES ON????????!!!!

Newly refurbished computer, so TCM doesn't recognize the address. The simplest thing was to change the name slightly.

18 minutes ago, King Rat said:

Newly refurbished computer, so TCM doesn't recognize the address. The simplest thing was to change the name slightly.

Aw, I thought that all you had to do was re-enter your username and password to log back on. That’s what I’ve done every time I’ve gotten a new phone or some thing.

You’ve been around for a while, you’ve kind of earned the cred that comes with it.

Plus you will have lost all of your Proustian correspondence that you’ve had in your private messages.

If I were you I’d contact tech-support and ask them to make you KINGRAT (one word) again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What exactly is a tea egg? Boiled/fried in tea? I've never heard that term. (and dont want to watch the whole video). I feel like having eggs for dinner now.

8 minutes ago, LornaHansonForbes said:

I have no idea, but I would love to know. From the brief glimpse I saw it looked kind of like Natalie Wood to me.

She looked older.

1 hour ago, Hibi said:

What exactly is a tea egg? Boiled/fried in tea? I've never heard that term. (and dont want to watch the whole video). I feel like having eggs for dinner now.

chinese-tea-eggs.jpg

Boiled. Shells cracked. Simmered in mixture of tea and soy sauce and other spices or seasonings. Hugely popular in many parts of the world. Delicate flavor. Beloved by refrigerator gremlins.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Hibi said:

It’s a hard boiled egg that is then boiled again in tea.

I’ll say it again though, the whole video was surprisingly entertaining. I’m not into cooking at all and I watched the whole thing. Of course that was also during the quarantine and I was in the right in the middle of the emotion portrayed so accurately at minute 1:00 exactly in that GRAYSON HALL vid I posted . 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, SansFin said:

chinese-tea-eggs.jpg

Boiled. Shells cracked. Simmered in mixture of tea and soy sauce and other spices or seasonings. Hugely popular in many parts of the world. Delicate flavor. Beloved by refrigerator gremlins.

THOSE ARE BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

• Like 1

Why is it boiled again in tea? Does it have tea flavor when you eat it? I'm not into cooking either, but eggs are easy to make (but I don't want to watch 17 mins of them being made). Maybe I can watch in small doses. LOL.

I saw the remake of Fun With Dick and Jane with Jim Carrey (sp?) and Tea Leoni.  I remember seeing the original years ago - it was cute.  I was watching something else so I didn't see any of George Segal's movies (Dick  & Jane is on Demand but I wanted to see Where's Poppa.  Monster-in-Law ties with Book Club as Jane Fonda losing her flair for comedy.  She was cute with Redford in Barefoot in the Park (but maybe she is more of a foil or straight person to others - as in Cat Ballou).

Now, re: Johnny Carson, can you find the vintage clip with Ed Ames (who was on Daniel Boone at the time) throwing a Tomahawk.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, SansFin said:

chinese-tea-eggs.jpg

Like those hard-boiled Easter eggs we used to have as kids, where we'd dig them out of the refrigerator just to keep from throwing them away on Monday, and soaking the shell in vinegar dye had seeped in through the cracks and given it a deviled-egg flavor...Okay, now I want to figure out how to make this.    😋

4 hours ago, speedracer5 said: 

There’s a Johnny Carson segment where Vincent Price cooks an entire dinner (fish and veggies) in the dishwasher. He wraps everything in foil so the dishwasher steams the food. 

David Letterman once interviewed a woman who had published an entire cookbook of dishwasher recipes:  "But won't it have SPOTS??"  😅 

4 hours ago, King Rat said:

George Segal seems to work well with all of his co-stars, from Jane Fonda to James Fox to Barbra Streisand. His relaxed, easy charm is the best thing about Fun With Dick and Jane.

I've never really understood the appeal of George Segal.  (Apart from being the only one on The Goldbergs who understood the old-school concept of humor.)

His slick style seemed more like a late-60's/early-70's relic of Neil Simon-era comedy, and by the time he did the torturous Carbon Copy in 1981, his character looked like nothing that belonged to the human species.  In a 70's comedy like Who is Killing the Great Chefs of Europe?, though, he's in his element.