Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

K. Hepburn. I forget where I read the online article. It was pretty funny. (not for those working with her). They were aiming for a possible Broadway run at some point, but that went down the tubes...

7 hours ago, LornaHansonForbes said:

So, this doesn't really have anything necessarily to do with this thread, but I feel the need to share just because.

I went to CARRABA'S last night for my office Christmas party and I was telling my coworker to watch out for the Pesto because IT CAN GIVE YOU WEIRD DREAMS,  meanwhile I ate about two and a half ounces of it.

And then went home and went to bed and had a dream THAT FAYE DUNAWAY AND I DECIDED TO MOVE IN TOGETHER AND BECOME PLATONIC ROOMMATES in NEW YORK CITY. And she was dressed like her character at the end of SUPERGIRL and also SO NICE! I kept going around to everyone and trying to explain how she was in reality quite pleasant and frankly misunderstood and no one believed me.

67181256_123950268888228_610223451309135

Bottom line- watch out for the PESTO at Carabbas, or anywhere really.

On a tangent note, I just saw this on Facebook and had to share: Joan Crawford head Christmas wrap.....

79473393_208634510146335_699278126559841

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
35 minutes ago, LornaHansonForbes said:

BUT YOU CAN ONLY USE IT FOR EMPTY BOXES WRAPPED AS DECORATIVE PRESENTS that you put out year after year

Joan would WANT THAT, I think.

ROFL! Or gifts the kids can look at then have to give back. (just choose one!)

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, CinemaInternational said:

One thing she wouln't want to see happen would to see the wrap be used for boxes of wire hangers.

You'd have to unwrap them carefully so the wrapping paper can be reused.......

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
12 hours ago, LornaHansonForbes said:

So, this doesn't really have anything necessarily to do with this thread, but I feel the need to share just because.

I went to CARRABA'S last night for my office Christmas party and I was telling my coworker to watch out for the Pesto because IT CAN GIVE YOU WEIRD DREAMS,  meanwhile I ate about two and a half ounces of it.

And then went home and went to bed and had a dream THAT FAYE DUNAWAY AND I DECIDED TO MOVE IN TOGETHER AND BECOME PLATONIC ROOMMATES in NEW YORK CITY. And she was dressed like her character at the end of SUPERGIRL and also SO NICE! I kept going around to everyone and trying to explain how she was in reality quite pleasant and frankly misunderstood and no one believed me.

67181256_123950268888228_610223451309135

Bottom line- watch out for the PESTO at Carabbas, or anywhere really.

Haha. I love pesto. I’ve never heard of Carabbas. Is it a chain?

5 hours ago, CinemaInternational said:

On a tangent note, I just saw this on Facebook and had to share: Joan Crawford head Christmas wrap.....

We must be in the same group. I saw this too. I was trying to figure out where that person got it. 

5 hours ago, LornaHansonForbes said:

BUT YOU CAN ONLY USE IT FOR EMPTY BOXES WRAPPED AS DECORATIVE PRESENTS that you put out year after year

Joan wouldn’t want you to fold or tape her face though. She’d probably ask you to keep the wrapping paper flat, stored between heavy panels or something to keep it from wrinkling. Then she’d send you a follow-up thank you note. Upon your acknowledgement of the thank you note, she’d send a second thank you note thanking you for your acknowledgement of her note.

The cycle would never end. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
6 hours ago, LornaHansonForbes said:

I thought it was for empty boxes which you wrap and put under the tree and then let your child watch as you throw one into the fireplace each time they misbehave. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

OK, I tried to find this online:

I found THIS hilarity on ZAZZLE: view?realview=113044122941080185&design=

https://www.zazzle.com/what_would_joan_do_button-145258183052706767

and this on Amazon:

81GmqO3Ac2L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

(I use real film as ribbon -from discarded modern trailers)

Even Accoutrements, the company that makes pop culture stuff for Archie McFee only has "meat" wrapping paper.

But this site has a pretty good "Joan Boutique"

http://joancrawfordma.tripod.com/boutique.html

including t-shirts asking "What Would Joan Do?" tote bags, mosaics, prints & cute playing cards both of these capturing the essence of Joan:

cards3.jpgcards2.jpg

But no wrapping paper. I think that's an old Archie McFee product.

• Like 2
11 hours ago, speedracer5 said:

Haha. I love pesto. I’ve never heard of Carabbas. Is it a chain?

1. Yes, CARRABA'S is a chain ITALIAN restaurant,  a couple rungs on the ladder above OLIVE GARDEN, but below MACARONI GRILL (I don't know if these are all strictly SOUTHEAST or EAST COAST chains.)

2. PESTO is great but, I SWEAR, it gets you high- I've had it at some places where I could not help but wonder if the staff was adding something to it. (and if they were, then GOD BLESS THEM.)

3.  ALSO, WATCH 0:50- 1:57 OF THE BELOW: I DO NOT DOUBT THE VERACITY OF THIS PARTICULAR SOPHIA STORY.

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, TikiSoo said:

I believe that you have to have it made custom.

https://www.wrapsy.com/products/your-face-gift-wrap  or https://www.prezzybox.com/personalised-face-wrapping-paper.aspx

You upload a picture and they print it on the background colour of your choice. It is approx. $27 per six foot roll.

VG6tv5d.jpg

• Like 1
1 hour ago, LornaHansonForbes said:

1. Yes, CARRABA'S is a chain ITALIAN restaurant,  a couple rungs on the ladder above OLIVE GARDEN, but below MACARONI GRILL (I don't know if these are all strictly SOUTHEAST or EAST COAST chains.)

There's a CARRABA'S  near where I live(in the Metro Detroit area).  And yeah, it'll clean out your wallet,  but real good food.  Their eggplant parmesan  is top shelf.  :wub:

Pesto?,  Well.... like with guacamole,  I tend to not eat anything that reminds me of when my dog ate too much grass!  :blink:

And at $27 a roll, I'll stick to the Dollar store paper, or start earlier in collecting the Sunday "funnies".  ;)  Americans lately, have been doing their best at living up to that "Fool and his money" maxim.....

Sepiatone

Just now, Sepiatone said:

There's a CARRABA'S  near where I live(in the Metro Detroit area).  And yeah, it'll clean out your wallet,  but real good food.  Their eggplant parmesan  is top shelf.  :wub:

Pesto?,  Well.... like with guacamole,  I tend to not eat anything that reminds me of when my dog ate too much grass!  :blink:

You're missing out then.

Although I've never gotten high or had weird dreams from GUACAMOLE.

25 minutes ago, LornaHansonForbes said:

You're missing out then.

Although I've never gotten high or had weird dreams from GUACAMOLE.

Ooh I love guacamole too—but only homemade. Pre-made guacamole has a weird taste. 

We used to have a Macaroni Grill, but it closed.

Lol. Looking at the Carabbas website, the closest one to me is in Las Vegas. 

2 hours ago, LornaHansonForbes said:

2. PESTO is great but, I SWEAR, it gets you high- I've had it at some places where I could not help but wonder if the staff was adding something to it. (and if they were, then GOD BLESS THEM.)

3.  ALSO, WATCH 0:50- 1:57 OF THE BELOW: I DO NOT DOUBT THE VERACITY OF THIS PARTICULAR SOPHIA STORY.

Lol at Sophia. 

I love Pesto just with pasta, but it’s also great mixed with a little mayo to make a pesto mayo spread for a sandwich. 

ugh. Now I want pesto and guacamole. 

1 hour ago, speedracer5 said:

We used to have a Macaroni Grill, but it closed.

SAME WITH THE ONE WHERE I LIVE TOO (WILMINGTON, NC)!!!!! it was always SLAMMIN BUSY and very popular, and yet they closed ALL OF A SUDDEN and with NO NOTICE AT ALL, just a "PEACE OUT, WE GONE" ad in the local paper.

MACARONI GRILLS are delicious, but apparently very poorly managed.

5 hours ago, TikiSoo said:

OK, I tried to find this online:

I found THIS hilarity on ZAZZLE: view?realview=113044122941080185&design=

https://www.zazzle.com/what_would_joan_do_button-145258183052706767

and this on Amazon:

81GmqO3Ac2L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

(I use real film as ribbon -from discarded modern trailers)

Even Accoutrements, the company that makes pop culture stuff for Archie McFee only has "meat" wrapping paper.

But this site has a pretty good "Joan Boutique"

http://joancrawfordma.tripod.com/boutique.html

including t-shirts asking "What Would Joan Do?" tote bags, mosaics, prints & cute playing cards both of these capturing the essence of Joan:

cards3.jpgcards2.jpg

ROFL!!!