Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Happy Birthday, BOB DYLAN

Yep!  Think what you will about him, he was a major influence on music, lryically and otherwise, in the 2nd half of the 20th century.

He was even a major influence on The Beatles(mostly John Lennon) and also the musical structure and lyrical bent of JIMI HENDRIX. AND so many others aside him and since.

He always kind of disliked that "Voice of a generation" tag many tried to give him, instead claiming he was only repeating what he heard THEM saying!

He certainly had a huge impact on ME, and his "It's Alright, Ma(I'm Only Bleeding)" is still my favorite from him, and among the many other songs on my "favorites" list.

I do wish him a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Sepiatone

• Like 1

Yep!  Think what you will about him, he was a major influence on music, lryically and otherwise, in the 2nd half of the 20th century.

He was even a major influence on The Beatles(mostly John Lennon) and also the musical structure and lyrical bent of JIMI HENDRIX. AND so many others aside him and since.

He always kind of disliked that "Voice of a generation" tag many tried to give him, instead claiming he was only repeating what he heard THEM saying!

He certainly had a huge impact on ME, and his "It's Alright, Ma(I'm Only Bleeding)" is still my favorite from him, and among the many other songs on my "favorites" list.

I do wish him a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Sepiatone

Some may say he was THE major influence on music. His best recording, IMHO, was "Subterranean Homesick Blues".

• Like 1

Some may say he was THE major influence on music. His best recording, IMHO, was "Subterranean Homesick Blues".

I'd not say his BEST, but a GOOD 'un, for sure---

Funny thing.  And, I sort of think I hear what a guy I know said about it.---

That, when you listent to it's delivery, and the sometimes cryptic lyric content, it could possibly be considered ONE of the earliest examples of "modern" RAP.  NOT "modern" being those "talking blues" type things old bluesmen, folkies and country boys did for years beFORE "rap" became a genre of it's own.

Sepiatone

I'd not say his BEST, but a GOOD 'un, for sure---

Funny thing.  And, I sort of think I hear what a guy I know said about it.---

That, when you listent to it's delivery, and the sometimes cryptic lyric content, it could possibly be considered ONE of the earliest examples of "modern" RAP.  NOT "modern" being those "talking blues" type things old bluesmen, folkies and country boys did for years beFORE "rap" became a genre of it's own.

Sepiatone

Dylan, the father of rap. That should please him.

Like I needed another reason not to like the guy!  

Yeah....I don't buy it either.  I just thought it funny enough to mention, is all.

Likely Dylan would find it funny, too.

Sepiatone

Oh, sorry, I guess I forgot to wish Bob a..."habbee birtdee".

(...that of course is "Happy Birthday" translated into the almost indecipherable mumble of "Dylanese")

• Like 1

Blood on the Tracks is my favorite, so wrenching. 

Happy Birthday, Bob Dylan!

Being a long time Dylanite, I thought it was his best in a LONG time!

Sepiatone