Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

"I guess it comes down to a simple choice, really. Get busy living, or get busy dying."

Andy Dufresne (Tim Robbins) to "Red" Redding (Morgan Freeman) in "The Shawshank Redemption" (1994).

"To God, there is no zero. I still exist!"

-- Scott Carey (Grant Williams), continuing to dwindle uncontrollably  in "The Incredible Shrinking Man" (1957).

"They call me Mister Tibbs!"

-- Philadelphia, PA police detective Virgil Tibbs (Sidney Poitier) to Sparta, MS police chief Bill Gillespie in "In the Heat of the Night" (1967).

"You're out of order! You're out of order! The whole trial is out of order!"

-- Attorney Arthur Kirkland (Al Pacino) to Judge Rayford (Jack Warden) in "...And Justice for All" (1979).

"A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti."

-- Dr. Hannibal Lecter (Sir Anthony Hopkins) to FBI Agent Clarice Starling (Jodie Foster) in "The Silence of the Lambs" (1991).

"I am no man."

-- Éowyn of Rohan (Miranda Otto) in "The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King" (2003), after the Witch-king of Angmar, Lord of the Nazgûl (Lawrence Makoare), declares that no man can kill him.

• Like 1

"I think he got the point."

-- James Bond (Sir Sean Connery) to Domino (Claudine Auger) in "Thunderball" (1965), after he dispatches a SPECTRE henchman (Philip Locke) with a speargun.

"Folks back home used to say I could shoot a rifle before I was weaned, but they was exaggeratin' some."

-- Tennessee sharpshooter Alvin C. York (Gary Cooper) in "Sergeant York" (1941), after demonstrating his prowess on a U.S. Army rifle range.

"Insanity runs in my family. It practically gallops."

-- Mortimer Brewster (Cary Grant) to his sweetheart Elaine Harper (Priscilla Lane) in "Arsenic and Old Lace" (1944).

• Like 1

"Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads."

-- Dr. Emmett Brown (Christopher Lloyd) to Marty McFly (Michael J. Fox) and Jennifer Parker (Claudia Wells) in "Back to the Future." The film opened 30 years ago, on July 3, 1985.

• Like 1

"I'm not crazy about yours. I didn't ask to see you. I don't mind if you don't like my manners. I don't like 'em myself. They're pretty bad. I grieve over them long winter evenings."

-- Private detective Philip Marlowe (Humphrey Bogart) to Vivian Rutledge (Lauren Bacall) in "The Big Sleep" (1946), after she says she doesn't like his manners.

"I'd like to kiss you, but I just washed my hair."

-- Madge Norwood (Bette Davis) to Marvin Blake (Richard Barthelmess) in "The Cabin in the Cotton" (1932).

"Oh, Jerry, don't let's ask for the moon. We have the stars."

-- Charlotte Vale (Bette Davis) to Jeremiah "Jerry" Durrance  in "Now, Voyager" (1942). 

"Over? Did you say 'over'? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell, no!"

-- "Bluto" Blutarsky (John Belushi) in "National Lampoon's Animal House" (1978).

"Listen to me, mister. You're my knight in shining armor. Don't you forget it. You're going to get back on that horse, and I'm gonna be right behind you, holding on tight. And away we're gonna go, go, go!

-- Ethel Thayer (Katharine Hepburn) to her aging husband Norman (Henry Fonda) in "On Golden Pond" (1981).

• Like 2
"Men like my father cannot die. They are with me still -- real in memory as they were in flesh, loving and beloved forever. How green was my valley then."

-- Huw Morgan (Roddy McDowall, actor; Irving Pichel, adult voiceover) remembering father Gwilym Morgan (Donald Crisp) in "How Green Was My Valley" (1941).