Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

"Sing a song of graveyards, a pocket full of germs,

Four-and-twenty landlords, dinner for the worms.

When the box was planted, the worms began to sing,

Isn't that a dainty dish to set before a thing?"

Smolkin (played by Mel Welles) in Roger Corman's The Undead (1957).

"When it comes to dying for your country it's better not to die at all! There are millions out there dying for their countries, and what good is it?"

-- World War I German soldier Paul Bäumer (Lew Ayres) in "All Quiet on the Western Front" (1930), addressing students at his old school.

...and Ayres personally took up that credo.

"Give me a whiskey, ginger ale on the side. And don't be stingy, baby."

-- Greta Garbo's first-ever words in a sound picture as the title character in "Anna Christie " (1930).

• Like 1
"Oh well...La-dee-da, la-dee-da, la la." 

-- Annie Hall (Diane Keaton) during her awkward first conversation with Alvy Singer (Woody Allen) in "Annie Hall" (1977).

"O.K. But I get to be on top."

-- Josh Baskin (Tom Hanks) -- a preteen boy magically transformed into an adult -- discussing a sleepover with Susan Lawrence (Elizabeth Perkins) in "Big" (1988). He prefers the top bunk.

"White Heat" (1949) The scene where Parker complains about being stuffy inside the trunk of a car.

Cody....Oh stuffy huh, I'll give ya a little air.  (then proceeds to unload his revolver into it)

• Like 2

"I think they sent me to the wrong place. See, uh, I did join the Army, but I joined a different Army. I joined the one with the condos and the private rooms."

-- Judy Benjamin (Goldie Hawn) to Captain Lewis (Eileen Brennan) in "Private Benjamin" (1980). The pampered Judy joined the U.S. Army after a ruthless recruiter (Harry Dean Stanton) overhyped the benefits of life in the military.

• Like 2

"Uh oh, 15 minutes to Judge Wapner and 'The People's Court.' "

-- Autistic savant Raymond Babbitt (Dustin Hoffman), upon being reunited with his brother Charlie (Tom Cruise) in "Rain Man" (1988).

"I feel like crying. She gave me a pen. I gave her my heart, and she gave me a pen."

-- Lloyd Dobler (John Cusack), reacting badly to a farewell present from Diane Court (Ione_Skye) in Cameron Crowe's "Say Anything..." (1989).

"Shut up and deal."

-- Fran Kubelik (Shirley MacLaine) to her new beau C.C. Baxter (Jack Lemmon) as they begin playing gin rummy on New Year's Eve in "The Apartment" (1960).

"You can't win, Darth. If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine."

-- Obi-wan Kenobi (Sir Alec Guinness) in "Star Wars: Episode I -- A New Hope" (1977), during his final duel with Darth Vader (David Prowse, voice by James Earl Jones).

• Like 1

"Get away from her, you *****!"

-- Ellen Ripley (Sigourney Weaver) in "Aliens" (1986), protecting her young ward Newt (Carrie Henn) from the Mother of All Aliens. 

• Like 1

"If I hold you any closer, I'll be in back of you."

-- Dr. Hugo Z. Hackenbush (Groucho Marx) in "A Day at the Races" (1937), responding to the advances of Flo Marlowe (Esther Muir).

• Like 2

"If I hold you any closer, I'll be in back of you."

-- Dr. Hugo Z. Hackenbush (Groucho Marx) in "A Day at the Races" (1937), responding to the advances of Flo Marlowe (Esther Muir).

..so this one now has at least 2 votes.