Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

"She's my sister! She's my daughter!"

-- Evelyn Mulwray (Faye Dunaway) in "Chinatown" (1974), revealing bombshell information to private detective J.J. Gittes (Jack Nicholson).

"Man of Steel" (2013) has a couple of good ones.  The Scene where Superman is fighting with Zod whom is trying to create a "2nd Krypton" out of Earth.

Superman....Krypton had it's chance

The next is when Colonel Hardy did a kamikazi dive with the plane carrying Superman's arrivial  craft to create a quantum singularity.

Colonel Hardy to Foara-Ul......You're right, a good death does have it's own reward.

"Good night, you princes of Maine, you kings of New England!"

-- Dr. Wilbur Larch (Sir Michael Caine) signs off for the night at the Maine orphanage he runs in "The Cider House Rules" (1999).

"What's the most you ever lost in a coin toss?" 

-- Cold-blooded hitman Anton Chigurh (Javier Bardem), menacing a gas station operator (Gene Jones) in "No Country for Old Men" (2007).

• Like 1

"I know it was you, Fredo. You broke my heart...You broke my heart."

-- Michael Corleone (Al Pacino) to his deceitful brother Fredo  (John Cazale) in "The Godfather Part II" (1974).

Gandalf to Frodo: "A wizard is never late, Frodo Baggins. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to."

Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring

• Like 1

"Harlem Nights" (1989) 2 one liners within the same gambling scene at the beginning.

Sugar Ray....Wait man look, you took the shot, you lost. I mean we'd had paid you if you won but you lost.  Now take that big a__ home and brush that tooth.

Sugar Rays response after the kid shoots the mad loser.....GD, I guess he does has bad luck around kids!

harlem3.jpg

"He's very clean." 

-- Paul McCartney in the Beatles' film "A Hard Day's Night" (1964), kicking off a running gag about his grandfather (Wilfrid Brambell).

"I want more sand in the desert!"

- Vittorio De Sica directing in After the Fox

This one's great, a bad movie within a bad movie (which oddly enough is pretty entertaining).

Another one that fits these parameters is "Best Worst Movie", a documentary of how they made Troll 2.  Troll 2's ratings ended up in the toilet, but the documentary got a fairly high rating and much higher popularity on its own.

[iMDB comments]

• Like 1
"I'm the ghost with the most, babe."

-- Betelgeuse (Michael Keaton), a spirit from the Netherworld, makes contact with teenager Lydia Deetz (Winona Ryder) in "Beetlejuice" (1988).

"Look Dave I can see that you're really upset about this.  I honestly think you should sit down calmly, take a stress pill and think things over"

- Douglas Rain as HAL 9000 in 2001: A Space Odyssey

"You can't handle the truth!"

-- U.S. Marines Colonel Nathan R. Jessup (Jack Nicholson), testifying about a deadly Code Red incident at the Guantanamo Bay Naval Base in "A Few Good Men" (1992).

• Like 1

"I am. I am the man."

-- Henry Brubaker (Robert Redford), the new warden of a troublesome Arkansas prison in "Brubaker" (1980). Recently appointed by the governor, he enters the institution disguised as a prisoner, but reveals his true identity when an inmate (Morgan Freeman) goes berserk and demands to see "the man."

"No bucks, no Buck Rogers."

-- Virgil I. "Gus" Grissom (Fred Ward) in "The Right Stuff" (1983) during an argument between the seven original Mercury astronauts and NASA designers about spending money for spacecraft windows.

• Like 1

"Yeah, you damn right it is!"

-- Jack Ridley (Levon Helm) in "The Right Stuff" (1983) at the end of a search for the heroic test pilot Chuck Yeager (Sam Shepard), whose NF-104 Lockheed Starfighter crashed. Ridley's line comes after an ambulance driver sees something moving in the Mojave Desert and asks, "Is that a man?"

"You keep bringing it up, but I don't want to live in a city where the only cultural advantage is that you can make a right turn on a red light."

-- Stauch Manhattanite Alvy Singer (Woody Allen) in "Annie Hall" (1977), putting down Los Angeles in a conversation with his best friend Rob (Tony Roberts). By the way, they call each other "Max."